New Heroes: Aided Reginn & Attuned Timerra

Pandreo's kit for anyone who didn't see it on the in-game Notification Board:

Respite+ [same staff as Nyna's, is equivalent to Winter Sephiran's Tannenbaton+]
Martyr+ [among demotes and Grail units, also owned by Azama, Clarine, Dwyer, Devotion Lissa, Kid Lucius, Lucius, Mercedes, Natasha and Devotion Silque]
Fireflood Balm [new skill for the demote / Grail pool]
Def/Res Finish 3 [first regular demote or Grail unit to get this, was previously given to Kid Lissa]
Drive Res 2 [lol]

10 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

Don’t forget that this also could’ve been Bunet (who would also eventually get a refine) instead while Pandreo gets saved for a future banner.

Indeed ...

Legitimately have no idea what Heroes developers are (or are rather not) thinking.

Stats [SPOILERS]:

Spoiler

spirits-ablaze-lvl-1-and-40-stats-v0-uli

Aided Reginn
Super Asset(s): Spd
Super Flaw(s): HP, Atk

Timerra
Super Asset(s): Def
Super Flaw(s): HP, Spd, Res

Fogado
Super Asset(s): Spd, Def
Super Flaw(s): HP, Atk, Res

Merrin
Super Asset(s): Spd
Super Flaw(s): HP

Marni
Super Asset(s): Atk, Def, Res
Super Flaw(s): none

Pandreo
Super Asset(s): Res
Super Flaw(s): HP, Atk, Def

I'd just like to point out that Lara and Ice Nils both got an Atk stat of 35. Timerra got one less point in Atk than literal refresher units (one of which can't even attack in his base game) did because IS decided to be lore accurate with this Timerra specifically. For reference, Harvest Timerra has 41 Atk.

Oh, and we finally have a non-HP stat hit 50 just at +0 Lv. 40.

Skill info: https://imgur.com/a/skills-set2024-DwWCLJu

Observations of Marni's weapon [SPOILERS]:

Spoiler

Despite its appearance being based off of a Silver Greataxe, Marni's Prf weapon has traits of a Hurricane Axe. Namely, it deals effective damage to fliers and deals adaptive damage. It also has Miracle built into it to reference Marni's use of Emblem Roy (and his Hold Out skill) in Engage itself.

On top of her weapon's other effects and her stat spread, Marni is so stacked that I have to apologize for complaining about her being here instead of Griss. I will probably invest in her because I've really needed to invest in more armors for quite some time now.

8 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

Which is apparently worth locking Aided Heroes behind premium banners?

Could be the other way: they thought New Heroes Return banners featuring exclusively Rearmed and Attuned units would be too good so they have to dilute the candidates with these dud units.

3 hours ago, Humanoid said:

Could be the other way: they thought New Heroes Return banners featuring exclusively Rearmed and Attuned units would be too good so they have to dilute the candidates with these dud units.

That's... miserable!

On 9/16/2024 at 12:24 AM, Ice Dragon said:

Pandreo's epithet, "Party Priest", is "パーティー聖者" (pātī seija), "Party Saint".

Marni's epithet, "Pining For Praise", is "称賛の希求" (shōsan no kikyū), "Longing For Praise".

Praise-Piner Axe is "称賛の希求の大斧" (shōsan no kikyū no daifu), "Great Axe of [the One] Longing For Praise".

Added Pandreo and Marni to the translation notes.

Well I ended up getting drone!Reginn with the tickets not the focus blue unit I was hoping for but a new unit is a new unit.  At least I have someone already to go when she gets to be an arena bonus unit.  This unit type is very lack luster and I wish they had just stuck with what they have instead of shoving another limited unit type in the game.

I haven't been following what's happening on the game for the past 3 months (I still haven't gone back to actually playing it due to lack of space on my phone, but I decided to start following what's been going on,specially now that I'm on my work's summer holidays so I have a bunch of free time to catch up) and honestly... I thought there was gonna be A LOT more powercreep, but I didn't notice anything too crazy (I might have missed something though since I didn't read every skill description from every hero released since june but there doesn't seem to be any new striking major new thing like how we got the divine veins introduced on last year's CYL banner). Also, I'm happy that the only things I cared about having missed during this time were the CYL banner and the Double Mythic banner of the book VIII characters (the Hoshido Summer coming back banner was a cool idea too, I just found out about it, but I know I wouldn't have used orbs on it anyway), luckily every new hero banner during this time had a title/lineup that I don't care for, this one is no exception (I don't remember if I was expecting a second Engage banner this year, but I'm kinda bummed of seeing it), at least it's cool that now that I'm gonna start keeping up with it again there are only 2 remaining titles that I don't exactly care about (one of them being 3 Houses/Hopes, and actually I do like some of the characters that are left to add from there so there's a chance I'll even like this banner, speaking of 3 Houses, I'm hella surprised that we went for 9 months without them getting a NH banner).

I lost a bunch of time since last year trying to think what this year's new hero type could have been, what was left for them to do, but GOD what a shitty idea, this went below my worst expectations. Why can't we even stack the Aide's Essences (even if it had a limit, like a max of 3-6 per unit to avoid abuse)? Or at least have them give us more than a miserable 1 extra point per stat? Or why can't we at least use Aide Heroes as fodder without losing the unit? Don't they want us to want to spend money on these new hero types? If they lacked ideas so much then I wonder why they couldn't have released the Emblem Heroes now instead of in january cause making a whole new type of hero just for a visible spectrum +1 and some cosmetics seems pointless. The fact that they made up a new type of hero outside of august this year in first place had given me hope that they had some cool idea left for now, unfortunately I was wrong. I wonder if they'll keep up with the yearly new hero types after this, cause clearly the ideas are ending (and we already have way too many asset hero types anyway, it wouldn't hurt to stop making more...).

On 9/17/2024 at 7:05 AM, Humanoid said:

It makes me so pissed that this might be true... Also I wonder if they don't realize how not putting Aide Heroes on the main pool will hurt their sales after the debut banners cause a whole banner dedicated to Aide Heroes (when we have enough of them to fill one) will absolutely flop, since they don't have anything special about them. Wait, I'll make a guess, they'll shove them on the all Ascended/Rearmed banners so we will have a chance of getting a worse unit than what we're trying to get. What bothers me the most is that they'd be considerably more desirable as units if they stayed on the main pool cause after all they're good heroes with premium (and even a prf) skills, but there's almost no justification to pull on a banner just made of them so they'll ultimately exist mainly to stay on the way and  pity break us on the L/M/E and Ascended/Rearmed banners.

Edited by ARMADS!!!