OMG it's a tier list

Florete

Oh.

...Wtf? Why does he matter now? Marcia can get him, not that problematic.

Transfer Marcia humiliates him, yes. Normal Marcia? It's like a 4 round or something and she's not exactly durable enough to stick around the area for long. Maybe she can grab the brave lance and 2 round (not sure if she manages a 4 hit) but Geoffrey may need it for something else. Hate to say it ('cause I love Marcia) but without the transfer bonuses you need him to drop down.

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Transfer Marcia humiliates him, yes. Normal Marcia? It's like a 4 round or something and she's not exactly durable enough to stick around the area for long. Maybe she can grab the brave lance and 2 round (not sure if she manages a 4 hit) but Geoffrey may need it for something else. Hate to say it ('cause I love Marcia) but without the transfer bonuses you need him to drop down.

Adept+Killer helps. That might have been why it didn't take me long, but even after that, I sort of had a problem on figuring out what else Marcia could do. Was gonna have her move down to help with the swordmasters, but all she did was throw a javy at one so Mak could kill it. Beyond that, I had a problem trying to deduce what else I could have her do. Mainly because by then, Geof and Keiran were already blitzing to the boss.

I remember completing that chapter lightning quick, and I think it might have been because she killed that halberdier early, and thus was able to help kill the swordmasters, helping Danved and Mak get back up with Keiran and Geoff.

Adept+Killer helps. That might have been why it didn't take me long, but even after that, I sort of had a problem on figuring out what else Marcia could do. Was gonna have her move down to help with the swordmasters, but all she did was throw a javy at one so Mak could kill it. Beyond that, I had a problem trying to deduce what else I could have her do. Mainly because by then, Geof and Keiran were already blitzing to the boss.

I remember completing that chapter lightning quick, and I think it might have been because she killed that halberdier early, and thus was able to help kill the swordmasters, helping Danved and Mak get back up with Keiran and Geoff.

Where are there swordmasters (that mattered) in 2-3? I forget. Anyway, Adept doesn't exist in 2-3, so Marcia would be stuck either with Danved's killer or Geoff's brave or steel lance or steel greatlance. Well, you could also use iron greatlance or some sword.

http://www.fireemblemwod.net/fe10/guia/parte-2-capitulo-3.htm

Check out the "D" and where it is. That's your speedwing Halb.

I put my npcs on roam

I generally put them on Target, with the destination as somewhere in the top courtyard near the door. Since I don't bother to raise anyone in the CRKs, I go for a pacifist clear, keeping as many enemies alive as possible (for BEXP). When they are on Target, the yellow units don't stop to fight, they just charge past everything. The upshot of this, is that there's a bunch of things for the enemies to fight in the top third that are NOT Geoffrey/Kieran, and frequently one of the ally units will helpfully draw fire from the Horseslayer mount.

With Geoff landing on the Arms Scroll square by Turn 2, and the ally units forming a nice screen to distract people, I don't find it terribly difficult to get the boss door smashed early. You want to get up there ASAP so that the Speedwing Halberdier moves, otherwise he'll get boxed in. It helps to have Makalov up there, soaking hits, and Danved is also good for holding the line on the Arms Scroll square (keeping the south reinforcements out).

I ran into some bad enemy AI decisions on my efficient run, so it took me 7 turns to clear, but I'd call that the ceiling.

BTW if an npc healer dies will there still be two on 3-9?

I've never assumed that the two chapters are related, I don't even know offhand how many ally units you get in 3-9.

Where are there swordmasters (that mattered) in 2-3? I forget. Anyway, Adept doesn't exist in 2-3, so Marcia would be stuck either with Danved's killer or Geoff's brave or steel lance or steel greatlance. Well, you could also use iron greatlance or some sword.

http://www.fireemblemwod.net/fe10/guia/parte-2-capitulo-3.htm

Check out the "D" and where it is. That's your speedwing Halb.

OH, this is 2-3! I thought we were talking about 3-9 ;;>> Nevermind me.

does anyone ever run into problems with steel longbows on this map? because often they will kill my Kieran who smashes door or Geoffrey killing the boss, or do you just avoid this by canto?

The guys with the longbows are Death From Above. You need to make really ,really sure that you are either 1) standing outside of their range, or 2) far enough forward that they don't get the accuracy/damage boost from height advantage. I lost a lot of 2-3 runs before I started accounting for these guys. It really helps that the boss moves once you smash his door open, and that Geoff/Kieran both can Canto.

I was scared of putting them on target :facepalm: because the npc healers are very useful, and I didn't want them to get killed.

Maybe I'll have Astrid rescue one and hide.

btw if one of the healers die will I still get two on 3-9?

those longbowers messed up me up last time, I forgot to move Geoffrey and then these two come in and kill him.

Also I want to give Astrid a level up for a chance to get +1 str, it wouldn't be a detriment would it?

and I'm trying to figure out how I can give Marcia the kill instead of Geoffrey without taking long like I used to before.

Edited by Queen_Elincia

I was scared of putting them on target :facepalm: because the npc healers are very useful, and I didn't want them to get killed.

those longbowers messed up me up last time, I forgot to move Geoffrey and then these two come in and kill him.

Also I want to give Astrid a level up for a chance to get +1 str, it wouldn't be a detriment would it?

and I'm trying to figure out how I can give Marcia the kill instead of Geoffrey without taking long like I used to before.

You only get one NPC healer in 3-9.

The guys with the longbows are Death From Above. You need to make really ,really sure that you are either 1) standing outside of their range, or 2) far enough forward that they don't get the accuracy/damage boost from height advantage. I lost a lot of 2-3 runs before I started accounting for these guys. It really helps that the boss moves once you smash his door open, and that Geoff/Kieran both can Canto.

ok, im not the biggest tactical genius in the world when it comes to effiency, so thanks.

the healers dying have no implications on 3-9.

i guess giveing astrid a level wouldnt be bad, but it might not necessarily be good, +1 strength isn't that helpful when your not even doubling.

Astrid is data transfered so maybe I don't need to level her up for better potshotting. Is +1 on a transfered Astrid a better difference?

You only get one NPC healer in 3-9.

are you sure? I remember having two :( or I'm forgetting everything too quickly.

the healers dying have no implications on 3-9.

i guess giveing astrid a level wouldnt be bad, but it might not necessarily be good, +1 strength isn't that helpful when your not even doubling.

she's doubling some things but I think it goes away on 3-9

Edited by Queen_Elincia

The longbow guys are really annoying. It's not bad enough they have 3 range and height advantage so even at 3 range they get +20 hit. Oh no. They have to be snipers. They are guaranteed to have crit on every single one of your units (except perhaps Makalov). I think Geoffrey gets enough lck that his Kieran bond can help him out, ditto Kieran, but otherwise a sudden crit can end many a 2-3 run.

The longbow guys are really annoying. It's not bad enough they have 3 range and height advantage so even at 3 range they get +20 hit. Oh no. They have to be snipers. They are guaranteed to have crit on every single one of your units (except perhaps Makalov). I think Geoffrey gets enough lck that his Kieran bond can help him out, ditto Kieran, but otherwise a sudden crit can end many a 2-3 run.

Why? They don't move, do they? It's just a matter of staying out of range.

Why? They don't move, do they? It's just a matter of staying out of range.

They move. Quite happily, in fact. Both of them. Otherwise my Geoffrey wouldn't have died on some thicket. Or at least, I'm pretty sure he was more than 3 away from their starting position. I haven't played that chapter in a while.

It was annoying since it ruined a run in which I got the arms scroll on my first try.

They move. Quite happily, in fact. Both of them. Otherwise my Geoffrey wouldn't have died on some thicket. Or at least, I'm pretty sure he was more than 3 away from their starting position. I haven't played that chapter in a while.

It was annoying since it ruined a run in which I got the arms scroll on my first try.

that sucks X_X they definitly move though which is the only reason that stage is hard at all. unless the horseslayer or random crit gets you

A side effect of Int's run should be BK moving down. He's essentially in Upper Mid, close to High at this point for 1-E, where he's not necessarily the best unit, as 1-9 is a very vague for tiering purposes and 3-6 he's too far behind to do much. I'd say move him around or below Big T because of the similar situations.

Also, is there going to be a Sothe (T) version on this list?

I advocated a while back that we should put Sothe (T) on the list, and that since Sothe (T)'s stats were actually worse than base FE10 Sothe, that we should put him underneath the un-transferred version. Red Fox was not amused.

I don't much about about the BK. In an efficient run, he's required in 1-9, very useful in 1-E, and good for a random kill or three and some walling in 3-6. These three items are enough to put him almost anywhere on the list, depending on the argument. He's a stupid character to tier, and I don't care where he goes.

Fixed Mode kills the hell out of Sothe (T). If that's the standard, it's not even worth tiering the transfer version. Random Mode Sothe (T) has potential, but I don't think we're changing the rules just for Sothe (and it barely makes a difference anyway).

I still haven't got a good answer why we shouldn't beyond "that's not how we did it before." Fixed mode is used because it offers the best bonuses without rng abuse. There can be up to 15% growth adjustment due to bands, enemy, and weapon adjustments, which helps reach caps. Sothe's transfers aren't dependent on the cap system, however, they are based on his averages, which we use for any character in any game to determine what stats they have at what level.

Fixed mode is used because it offers the best bonuses without rng abuse.

No, Fixed Mode is used because it gives us a concrete answer to the question "what stats will unit X cap in PoR?". Rather than put up with silly arguments about how Nephenee has a 23% chance to NOT cap SKL in Random mode, we can easily show that she has a 100% chance of hitting the cap in Fixed.

No, Fixed Mode is used because it gives us a concrete answer to the question "what stats will unit X cap in PoR?". Rather than put up with silly arguments about how Nephenee has a 23% chance to NOT cap SKL in Random mode, we can easily show that she has a 100% chance of hitting the cap in Fixed.

Which is irrelevant to Sothe.