OMG it's a tier list

Florete

(but then Narga left and I was willing to take it back, so yeah).

Anyway...someone make a list of changes that was decided on. I hadn't changed anything because I wanted things to settle so I could make them all at once, and since I'm now accepting Oscar > Nephenee it looks like that time has come.

Is narga gone for good? :(

yay!

Oscar(t) > Mia? anybody?

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is narga gone for good? :(

Oscar(t) > Mia? anybody?

Who knows?

I believe that was agreed on, even by me. 23 vs 21 AS really does make a big difference. Boyd (T) was also set to go up.

That mindset, which people think they need all SS weapon types, makes absolutely no sense to me. I have never played through the game using all SS weapons.

I don't think people go for 'all SS weapons', but at the very least, they like to have at least one user of swords/axes/lances/bows. It's not just because of SS weapons, but because if you don't use one of those weapon types, you end up with a bunch of useless weapons in your convoy that you have to sell for half their value.

I don't think people go for 'all SS weapons', but at the very least, they like to have at least one user of swords/axes/lances/bows. It's not just because of SS weapons, but because if you don't use one of those weapon types, you end up with a bunch of useless weapons in your convoy that you have to sell for half their value.

You say that as if selling useless stuff for money for forges, etc. is a bad thing.

Radiant's right for sure, what does making some money hurt?

It's more about the psychological aspect of the average player not wanting to sell items (especially cool Killer/Brave weapons) for half their value, and also wanting a 'balanced' team that incorporates all the main weapon types.

lolololololol easymodefag.

Hahaha. Poor Soren. 8[

It's more about the psychological aspect of the average player not wanting to sell items (especially cool Killer/Brave weapons) for half their value, and also wanting a 'balanced' team that incorporates all the main weapon types.

Yeah I have the habit of selling things I won't use, regardless of their value. 8[ It's probably a bad habit.

Hahaha. Poor Soren. 8[

Meh. It's either debate here or debate on FEP. Debating on FEP involves saying that Edward and Soren aren't great and then starting up hate. When it was active. So, here's about the only place I can debate. I'll finish NM one of these days...somehow...

Yeah I have the habit of selling things I won't use, regardless of their value. 8[ It's probably a bad habit.

Hey, I sell things I want to use later, and sometimes regret it. But usually there's another way to accomplish the same objective.

Hahaha. Poor Soren. 8[

>:D

I sell things too much. in my current draft PT I have 100k gold. & i absolutely love it.

I don't think it's so much that you get half the value as it is that these items are rare and powerful and the player wants to hang onto them "just in case". Even if they sold for their full value they probably still wouldn't sell them.

I don't think it's so much that you get half the value as it is that these items are rare and powerful and the player wants to hang onto them "just in case". Even if they sold for their full value they probably still wouldn't sell them.

This link says it all.

This link says it all.

Damn it, you linked TvTropes. There goes the next few hours of my life.

Also I noticed this:

A severe Nerf was installed after Path of Radiance that led to this trope applying to your best swords or even whole characters in Radiant Dawn. In Path of Radiance, a special scroll offers swordmasters the ability to randomly trigger Astra, a 5-hit combo dealing half damage per hit. A normal swordmaster's max damage with one attack is a critical hit, which is 3x normal. But with Astra, the max is 5 half-damage criticals, or an effective 7.5x normal damage. However, in RD, the ability to critical during Astra was nixed, meaning that you could only do 2.5x normal damage in 5 attacks. On top of that, by the time you have characters with this skill, you've got all sorts of powerful swords that you're afraid to use once, let alone 5 times. The real kicker though is that unlike in Path of Radiance, your characters automatically gain the Astra skill, and it cannot be removed... You are forced between sitting out your super-powerful trueblades, giving them weak weapons that will last long enough but not kill anything, or watching in furious agony as they waste an entire 20-use Infinity Plus One Sword on two enemy generals they could have dealt more damage to in 4 critical hits instead.

Sounds like someone didn't realize that Astra in RD doesn't cut the damage in half. Also, the only arguable "Infinity Plus One" Swords are the Vague Katti and Alondite, the first of which is 50-use and the second of which is infinite. So yeah. Although I guess Tempest Blades may count, as well.

Also I noticed this:

A severe Nerf was installed after Path of Radiance that led to this trope applying to your best swords or even whole characters in Radiant Dawn. In Path of Radiance, a special scroll offers swordmasters the ability to randomly trigger Astra, a 5-hit combo dealing half damage per hit. A normal swordmaster's max damage with one attack is a critical hit, which is 3x normal. But with Astra, the max is 5 half-damage criticals, or an effective 7.5x normal damage. However, in RD, the ability to critical during Astra was nixed, meaning that you could only do 2.5x normal damage in 5 attacks. On top of that, by the time you have characters with this skill, you've got all sorts of powerful swords that you're afraid to use once, let alone 5 times. The real kicker though is that unlike in Path of Radiance, your characters automatically gain the Astra skill, and it cannot be removed... You are forced between sitting out your super-powerful trueblades, giving them weak weapons that will last long enough but not kill anything, or watching in furious agony as they waste an entire 20-use Infinity Plus One Sword on two enemy generals they could have dealt more damage to in 4 critical hits instead.

That's the stupidest shit I've read all day.

basically there going, "No don't get adept, i didn't want him to die D:<"

I know this may sound stupid, but why is Tanith so high? She's above Kieran, who is your second most powerful unit out of the CRK, and Tormod, who has a solid part 1 performance.Tanith arrive as Lv.16 Falco Knight, and she needs EXP to promote, which is kinda in high demand, for some units that could use it better.I'd place her above Callil. Btw, why Calill>Soren? Soren needs less babying than her to function well, and he's more helpful in his chapter than her in the CRK. Oh yeah,this is my first time at this, so even if what I'm saying doesn't make sense please be nice with me :)

I know this may sound stupid, but why is Tanith so high? She's above Kieran, who is your second most powerful unit out of the CRK, and Tormod, who has a solid part 1 performance.Tanith arrive as Lv.16 Falco Knight, and she needs EXP to promote, which is kinda in high demand, for some units that could use it better.I'd place her above Callil. Btw, why Calill>Soren? Soren needs less babying than her to function well, and he's more helpful in his chapter than her in the CRK. Oh yeah,this is my first time at this, so even if what I'm saying doesn't make sense please be nice with me :)

Basically, Tanith beats out Kieran because she's very helpful on 3-11, contributes on 3-E, does fine on 4-P and does amazing in the desert.

Soren does little more than chip damage in HM, which you could argue callil does the same, but when you have barely any units chip damage means alot more.

I tried focusing on leveling Meg so much this time through juuuuust to see if she could become valuable. She's still easily the worst unit on my team. Lol, I have a soft spot for Generals though...

Haar's been my go to hands down, makes sense that it seems that way for everyone lol.

Out of curiousity, the BK is above Tibarn. Should the two be switched around? I know the BK saves a lot of turns in P1, but Tibarn just cleans up P4, and (as far as I can tell) could save more turns than the BK.

Out of curiousity, the BK is above Tibarn. Should the two be switched around? I know the BK saves a lot of turns in P1, but Tibarn just cleans up P4, and (as far as I can tell) could save more turns than the BK.

BK is really hard to tier and it may honestly be worth taking him off. As for Tibarn, while he's pretty great, don't overestimate him; he's not required for most quick clear strategies of 4-5, and with his availability even one map means something (though BK has fewer). As for actual turns saved, there's no way Tibarn saves more than BK, who has practically infinite utility on 1-9. I don't know how many Tibarn saved on his own, but I don't think it's going to be substantially high.

Also, we need a new name for Lyre tier, because that's really boring. Give me some failure suggestions.

Also, we need a new name for Lyre tier, because that's really boring. Give me some failure suggestions.

How about... SSB64 Link's Recovery tier?