Happy Yule!

Cynthia

Yes for us Pagans it's a time of celebration and giving thanks to what we have and spending time with the ones we love. Not to mention exchanging gifts.

I for one only asked for one thing, and that was to spend some time with Kayla.

My brother on the other hand, that's another story...

Happy Yule everyone.

Blessed be all of you.

I normally celebrate Christmas on the 21st too, except it's not christmas and the "christmas tree" is actually a good ol' tennebaum with no star on top of it.

Away with all biblical influences XD

The Christmas tree wasn't Christian at the beginning. Before it was used to celebrate the days beginning to get longer again after winter passed, and people put trees with light's in 'em in their houses. The Church hijacked the tradition and was like, "Omigosh, star on tree means the star showing where Jesus was born!" But whatevs. I could list a billion ways Christmas was mutated, but I don't feels like it.

boondocksHuey500.jpg

Huey: "Actually granddad, Christmas is a Pagan holiday. And Jesus may hate you for celebrating it. (Blah blah blah some religious details.) Roman Men gave gifts to each other and beat their wives! They would also get drunk and have sex with each other. They would act so crazy that the Christian church would outlaw Chirstmas until the 1800s when . . ."

[Cutoff to Peanut Gang's teacher talking".

Granddad: "Blah blah gay sex. Blah blah congress!"

(Disclaimer: The transcript of the Boondocks's Christmas episode does not reflects on Snow_Storm's opinion on Pagans, Christians, or the Holidays.)

Yeah, Christmas wasn't really a Christian holiday to start with. Weird.

Also, why? Why did they (my fellow Chirstians) took a religion celebration they were against and change it around? What was the point of that?

Edited by King_Zephiel

Also, why? Why did they (my fellow Chirstians) took a religion celebration they were against and change it around? What was the point of that?

To convert the pagans '~'

They did the same by demonizing Peseidon's trident and altering the meaning of the word "Villain", among other things

And I already knew, your great disturbingness =3

To convert the pagans '~'

They did the same by demonizing Peseidon's trident and altering the meaning of the word "Villain", among other things

And I already knew, your great disturbingness =3

Because we all know that pagans are "evil", "wrong" and "sinful".

I've been working so hard at uni I've barely thought about Christmas myself.

Edited by Shuuda

Well, that was pretty much why the Church did that stuff. It's also why we celebrate Christmas in December. And if you are religous crazy, you don't get presents on Christmas, but on Three Kings Day, when Jesus got presents for his B-Day, but a week late.

I've been working so hard at uni I've barely thought about Christmas myself.

Yeah. Yes they are. I say, as a Christian, I shall convert them all or kill them because I don't agree with their beliefs despite my religious viewpoints says not to hate or kill. Who's with me in taking out these sinful enemies of our faith?

Well, that was pretty much why the Church did that stuff. It's also why we celebrate Christmas in December. And if you are religous crazy, you don't get presents on Christmas, but on Three Kings Day, when Jesus got presents for his B-Day, but a week late.

Strange story, my sister told me and my younger sis that the whole "Three Kings/Wiseman" tale is crap. There were Wisemen, but no true number. Could had been 3 or 3,000 wisemen on the day of Christ's birth.

I still find it confusing to take something you don't agree with or it is agianst what you stand for and twist it around for your personal agenda.