Your first Seisen playthrough

TheEnd

Since we've got a fair amount of FE4 players here, I guess this thread would have more than 4 replies, so yeah.

How was your first Seisen playthrough? Pairings, recruitments, how you beat Yurius, stuff like that.

I'll start (hurr).

My first playthrough was shared with my brother - he started it, and I remember playing it sometime in the second generation. Or something. We didn't know there was a second gen or a lover system, though (playing in Japanese, and I only knew katakana/hiragana back then, so yeah).

Pairings:

Ayra x Alec's sword (not recruited). And the substitutes weren't anywhere near the originals.

Adean x Azel. Lester with low strength and iron bow... yeah.

Lachesis x Dew. The lack of pursuit and non-inheritance of Taiyouken/Sunlight/Sol made me very, very sad. (To be honest, I don't remember if this was my first pairing, because Dew might have died in that first playthrough. Well.)

Fury x grave (not recruited). Regardless, sages are overpowered, so Hawk was still a solid unit.

Sylvia x Alec. Lynn was a generic dancer. Corple wasn't recruited.

Tiltyu x Claude. Classic mistake.

Bridget x Levin. Levin didn't have Holsety, so whatever. Either way, I have no clue how this Pairing came to be.

Recruitments:

No 1st gen enemy units recruited, as far I remember. Jamka, Ayra, Beowulf and Fury killed. Fin "killed" in the prologue... think about my face when we saw him coming back in chapter 7, at level 1. Hannibal and Corple weren't recruited, either. We either picked Johan or neither of the brothers.

Final battle:

No Narga. Celice, Aless, Faval, maybe Shanan, savestate abuse.

I watched my brother and sister play this game, so by the time I play it myself, I kind of already know what I’m supposed to do. But ironically, I never finished my first playthrough, I beaten the game in my second go.

Pairings in the first playthrough:

1st Gen:

Lex/Ayra

Mideel/Edin

Azel/Tiltyu

Holyn/Sylvia

Finn/Lachesis

Deu/Bridget

Levin/Fury

2nd Gen:

Selis/Rana <_<

Arthur/Fee

Sety/Patty

Shanan/Lakche

Skasha/Yuria

Leaf/Nanna

Ares/Lynn

Faval/Tinny

Recruitment:

AFAIK I recruited all of them. But I don’t get Tryfing since I let those Dark Mages killed Palmark. And I killed Alvis with Sety, so no Live Ring either. And I kill Ishtar instead of Yurius in Chapter 10 for the first and last time in all of my playthroughs. xP

Final Chapter:

No, I didn’t finish it remember? I passed Chapter 10, and stopped when I nearing Edda Castle. I decided to reset all over again. With the same pairings, aside from Selis/Rana and Faval/Tinny, in my second playthrough they swapped their partners. >_>

The Tyrfing was quite obvious, so I got it (both times). Secrets like the Hero Axe, Pursuit Ring, Defense Sword and second Life Ring, though? I got none of them.

I've never really cared about 2nd gen pairings. So Celice usually ends up with Rana, for a threesome ending with Yuria.

The Tyrfing was quite obvious, so I got it (both times). Secrets like the Hero Axe, Pursuit Ring, Defense Sword and second Life Ring, though? I got none of them.

I've never really cared about 2nd gen pairings. So Celice usually ends up with Rana, for a threesome ending with Yuria.

I did get the Hero Axe, but not the Pursuit Ring and Defense Sword. And I kind of forgot about Tryfing, at the time I remembered Palmark already kicked the bucket.

But I got my fun in paired those 2nd Gen characters, so I cared about them.

And I HATE Selis/Rana. They are BORING. <_<

I hate Rana's obsession to Selis. -_-

Good idea for a thread, TheEnd

The first time I tried the game I played a few turns of the prologue then quit because it was japanese and I didn't like it at all. So the first complete playthrough was a couple of months later when I gave it a second chance. And loved it more than any game before. excluding Monkey Island 1-3

I used a walkthrough and got all the characters, and I think I even boss abused. I must have, because I remember promoting everyone who could be promoted except Adan. I didn't silence Sandima, so he killed Mideel, but halfway through chapter 2 I thought I might need them all so I redid chapter 1 and still didn't silence Sandima, but at least they all survived. Did not get the Gae Bolg in chapter 3, got the Ichival in chapter 3, did not get Holsety, got the Tyrfing. Recruited Yohalva, I think.

I think I must have followed a guide on pairings, because these are the ones I remember:

Ayra x Lex

Edin x Mideel

Tiltyu x Azel

Sylvia x Levin (though I TRIED to get Sylvia with Claude)

Fury x Claude

Bridget x Jamka

I did rerecruit Yuria, but I did not get Narga... (It is possible I didn't even conquer Velthomer..) Killing Yurius took a looong time, and even with all the savestate abuse I lost half my army in the process. So I considered it a failure :(

Edit:

And I HATE Selis/Rana. They are BORING.

Agreed.

Edited by etellerannet8

I did rerecruit Yuria, but I did not get Narga...

Fix'd?

Agreed.

Thank you. I'm glad I'm not the only one who think like that. Aside from Azel.

Let's see, I'm not fully done with my first playthrough yet, (on chapter 10, so I'm very close) but here's all I've done so far.

My only mistake I can think of in the first generation is not getting the Brave Axe. Lex still performed well, though.

As far as pairings for the first generation:

Adean and Azel: Yeah, Lester is a disaster, but Lana is super special awesome! (I don't like Bow Knights, anyway, even if Midayle did help me time to time)

Ira and Lex: Fast kids with high power and defense as well? Yes please! Their resistance isn't that grand, though. The twins are still amazing, nonetheless!

Lachesis and Beowolf: Hey, Nanna may not have high magic, but at least she'll be able to fight! Delmund is loving the affects of this pairing, that's for sure!

Sylvia and Claude: Yeah, Corple's going to be generic priest, but that might not be a bad thing. Leen will probably be able to take advantage of high resistance!

Fury and Dew: This is probably a big mistake, while I got me a nice enough Fee, Sety is going to have some LOW magic stat. (at least he'll have high defense)

Tiltyu and Levin: Arthur is doing swell! Tinny is suffering from underleveleditis, and the arena isn't helping her. (can't go very far in it)

Bridgett and Midayle: Patty isn't doing that swell, but Fayvle is doing nice.

I think that's all of them.

Second Generation:

Various things: Got me Johalva, he's durable, and the Brave Axe is doing him well. His critical hit looks cool! I managed to promote more people in this generation then the last one. (Lakche and however you spell his name are overpowered, those crazy twins, them)

Pairings so far:

Celice and Lana: Easy to do, that's all I can say. (I wish I was in the game, so I can get her)

Aless and Leen: Once again, super easy to do. (300 points already? Can Aless even get anyone else?)

Nanna and Leaf: It's canon and stuff, thanks to Thracia 776.

Lakche and Johalva: Might as well give him what he wants, to making up for killing his brother.

Patty and Shannan: Not sure how that one happened.

Fee and Arthur: Once again, it happened by itself.

I can't remember any others, if there's any.

Fix'd?

lol

Thank you. I'm glad I'm not the only one who think like that. Aside from Azel.

Yeah. The Jugdral lords like staff users too much.

TheEnd, how do you remember you pairings if you didn't know there was a pairing system?

Expect in fanfics.

You just remind me at a rumour that I heard in FF.Net. Someone said about a theory where Lynn is Levin's daughter, even though he is married to Fury. >_>

Wait, Levin can't tap them both at the same time.

Expect in fanfics.

Argh.. I meant Fury x Claude. I tried to get Sylvia x Claude and Fury x Levin but suddenly Sylvia and Levin got paired so I had to keep Fury and Claude together far into chapter 5...

You just remind me at a rumour that I heard in FF.Net. Someone said about a theory where Lynn is Levin's daughter, even though he is married to Fury. >_>

We need another love triangle. The Lachesis one is so old..

Edited by etellerannet8

TheEnd, how do you remember you pairings if you didn't know there was a pairing system?

We didn't know until chapter 6, when things became obvious. Equipment inheritance, after all. Then I reloaded a chapter 5 savestate and checked them out.

(Also, I meant except, not expect. Durr.)

I once made a bad, bad trollan fanfic in which Levin tappen Fury (fully), Tiltyu (Arthur only) and Sylvia (Leen only).

When you think about it, it wouldn't be absurd if Leen were Levin's daughter by canon, considering how Levin and Sylvia join your army together and how she's a slut.

Argh.. I meant Fury x Claude. I tried to get Sylvia x Claude and Fury x Levin but suddenly Sylvia and Levin got paired so I had to keep Fury and Claude together far into chapter 5...

Sylvia pulled that out on me before, too. I remember having to kill and reraise her to have it the way I wanted. Or something.

Edited by TheEnd

This kind of happened to one of my playthroughs too. Not the first one though.

Levin/Tiltyu is doing just fine, and I tried to make Claude/Sylvia. BUT suddenly ALEC snatched Sylvia away. So I stucked with a sucky Lynn and equally (if not even worse) sucky Courple. <_<

We need another love triangle. The Lachesis one is so old..

Technically there are a lot of triangle pairings in this game, remember?

Mideel/Edin/Jamka (Azel too actually >_>)

Finn/Lachesis/Beowulf

Lex/Ayra/Holyn

Sylvia/Levin/Fury

etc.

I once made a bad, bad trollan fanfic in which Levin tappen Fury (fully), Tiltyu (Arthur only) and Sylvia (Leen only).

When you think about it, it wouldn't be absurd if Leen were Levin's daughter by canon, considering how Levin and Sylvia join your army together and how she's a slut.

Ah yes, in FESS right? I think I remembered that one. And I think I commented on it too. D:

Yes, actually I agree. But how Sety could still inherit his Holsety then?

Edited by Ishtar

Ah yes, in FESS right? I think I remembered that one. And I think I commented on it too. D:

I might have it saved somewhere in my HD. Or my LJ. Either way don't worry, I don't think I want to actually dig it up. I only know I made it to troll Rosa... and maybe you, too. I don't remember if you were in the pro-Holsety!Corple group back then.

Yes, actually I agree. But how Sety could still inherit his Holsety then?

Now that would be a issue, because, in that case, Levin would have probably boned Sylvia before recruiting Fury, making Leen the firstborn. Also, as Althena and Faval show, gender doesn't really interfere in the inheritance, unless there are multiple major bloods involved (Alvis/Diadora), which isn't the case.

However, as an alternative, Levin is unfaithful as fuck. He has a case with Sylvia in the village, but she doesn't get pregnant. Then, after having his way with Fury for the first time, he jumps the fence and has it rough with the dancer. I dunno.

Edited by TheEnd

I might have it saved somewhere in my HD. Or my LJ. Either way don't worry, I don't think I want to actually dig it up. I only know I made it to troll Rosa... and maybe you, too. I don't remember if you were in the pro-Holsety!Corple group back then.

I'm not a pro-Holsety!Courple. But I think you made that to troll me too, since you included Levin/Tiltyu there. And you know I'm a big fan of Azel/Tiltyu. Even though at that time I used my perfect Lex!Arthur as my sig lol.

Now that would be a issue, because, in that case, Levin would have probably boned Sylvia before recruiting Fury, making Leen the firstborn. Also, as Althena and Faval show, gender doesn't really interfere in the inheritance, unless there are multiple major bloods involved (Alvis/Diadora), which isn't the case.

However, as an alternative, Levin is unfaithful as fuck. He has a case with Sylvia in the village, but she doesn't get pregnant. Then, after having his way with Fury for the first time, he jumps the fence and has it rough with the dancer. I dunno.

I try to make a theory regarding Holy Blood, but I always stucked at Levin/Sylvia. Why it was Courple who got the major blood? Why not Lynn?

Another case is Levin/Bridget. Why Faval got his mother's blood instead of his father?

I still have the theory in my FF.Net forum. I think I'll post it here. (In a new thread of course, I wouldn't want to hijack this one too much. XD)

I'm not a pro-Holsety!Courple. But I think you made that to troll me too, since you included Levin/Tiltyu there. And you know I'm a big fan of Azel/Tiltyu. Even though at that time I used my perfect Lex!Arthur as my sig lol.

Fury and Tiltyu are the only worthy wives for Levin. Although Arthur isn't nearly as powerful as Sety (lol sage caps/pursuit), he joins very early and stuff. All in all, he's a worthy inheritor of Holsety, unlike Corple. I don't think I had any reason to troll Tiltyu's pairings.

I try to make a theory regarding Holy Blood, but I always stucked at Levin/Sylvia. Why it was Courple who got the major blood? Why not Lynn?

Another case is Levin/Bridget. Why Faval got his mother's blood instead of his father?

I still have the theory in my FF.Net forum. I think I'll post it here. (In a new thread of course, I wouldn't want to hijack this one too much. XD)

Maybe Lynn was actually Alec's daughter. After all, there's a 4-koma where Sylvia can't tell whether she slept with him or Levin.

Do it, and use the opportunity to carry over this holy blood discussion over there.

I carefully planned my first playthrough, since I didn't want any terrible kids. The pairings are as followed.

EdinxMideel

AyraxLex

LachesisxFin

SylviaxLevin

FuryxClaude

TiltyuxAzel

BriggidxDew

For the second generation, I decided just to pair couples I liked. I recruited Johalva in this playthrough, but Lynn wasn't recruited by mistake.

LanaxDelmud

LakchexJohalva

YuriaxCelice

PheexArthur

NannaxLeaf

PattyxSkasaha

TinnyxSety

ShannanxShannan

Er...self-cest? :huh:

Well, I was trying to just hex edit CelicexYuria, but there were some problems. First, Celice became lovers with Leaf, then Sety (Who wasn't even recruited). Once I finally got Celice and Yuria to become lovers, I noticed that Shannan's lover was himself. It's now my second-favourite pairing.

If Shannan returns to the home castle, he has a conversation with himself. XD

Edited by Swordsalmon

Well, I was trying to just hex edit CelicexYuria, but there were some problems. First, Celice became lovers with Leaf, then Sety (Who wasn't even recruited). Once I finally got Celice and Yuria to become lovers, I noticed that Shannan's lover was himself. It's now my second-favourite pairing.

If Shannan returns to the home castle, he has a conversation with himself. XD

DD:

THAT WAS AWESOME! 8DDDD

But you use hack on Selis/Yuria? Why? Don't you can make them in a normal way?

Nevermind, if you got that Shanan/Shanan as the side effect, you should hack Selis/Yuria more. XD

Edited by Ishtar

This was my first intro into the series. I had a copy of this and Fuuin, booted each, and I got the hell away from the GBA games--the portion of the series I still don't like the most. Clunky, boring, and ugly, and when I tried Seisen, it was remedy to all of these, not to mention it looked similar to similar RPGs of the day. I was hooked on it.

I didn't bother reading any of the pairing suggestions, nor the warnings of enemy tactics, as I would rather experience the game than read of it and then play it. Worst pairing was my Eden and Claude--guess why, as common sense would say. Then also, Lachesis didn't fall in love in time, so I got Tristan and whatsherface. They were alright :/

Mmm...

My first playthrough consisted of:

Noish X Aira

Midir X Edin

Lachesis X Alec

Claude X Sylvia

Levin X Fury

Azel X Tiltyu

Deu X Bridget

Even back then I never used Holyn or Beowulf D:

And I used to think Lex = Suck (damn, how I was wrong.)

I never promoted Deu(10), Alec(7), Noish(8), Fury(12), or Lachesis(5)...

Children generation came: (lolcodeslol)

Celice / Arthur

Saksha X Phee

Lester X Patty

Delmudd X Teeny

Leaf X Nanna

Aless X Lakche

Sety X Leen

Corple X Althena

Yuria \ Rana

Granted, Rana was pissed when Manfloy took her away.

Recruited Johalvier because he was the closest when I mistakenly let Lakche go off on her own, I found him OK and eventually promoted him in chapter eight. Nothing too spectacular, but eh. Now I just kill both brothers to soak up that wonderful exp.

So, final battle:

Yuria fights Yurius, Yuria doesn't kill, Celice fights Yurius, Celice kills.

I kinda forgot my first playthrough. All I know is that Sylvia ended up stealing Levin from Fury. >_>

I think I paired...

AryaxHolyn

AideenxMidayle

BriggidxDew

LachesisxBeowulf

ClaudexTiltyu.

That's what I remember, in any case.

I haven't finished my first playthrough yet, but I had a situation similar to Eltoshen's:

I was planning on LevinxFury (like everyone does on their first playthrough) and thought that since Levin can talk with Fury after seizing Silesia to immediately fall in love, I could see the conversation between Sylvia and Fury earlier in the chapter. Come turn 33 when I had Silesia seized, I saw that Levin was in love with Sylvia =_=

I then backtracked to turn 26 or so when Andre's arch knights arrived and figured that Levin falls in love with Sylvia on turn 31. Luckily I had given Sigurd the Leg Ring, and he was able to capture Silesia by turn 30 so that Fury gets Levin instead of Sylvia.

It was my second FE and it was quite different to the others, so I relied heavily on online guides. Also because it took me something like 7 playthroughs of FE6, without the internet, to discover everything in that game.

Anyway, I think I would have gone crazy without those guides, since there's tons of stuff you can miss or have troubles with (like getting the Bargain Ring in the 1st Generation, all the hidden events, etc.).

Like many people, I also had Sylvia falling in love with Levin, but I had the "genius" idea of killing her and resurrecting her after Levin and Fury were paired.