Pope: Homosexuality, Climate Change are Equally Threatening to Mankind.

Fox

BBC Article.

Says the Nazi. (Cheap shot).

I think it goes without saying that the word of the pope means virtually nothing to me personally, but that's not what I'm concerned with. To me (and the article points this out as well), this validates the behaviors of those who have rallied to "fight" homosexuality, and I think it will only perpetuate their actions... which includes shit like this.

Fucking unbelievable.

I threaten mankind? sweet dude, I like to be well known for something :lol: the whole argument seems to be moot because they're like "homosexuality is not a sin, homosexual acts are" ...bull! <_<

Yeah, you threaten mankind and . . . (cracks knuckles) as my Christian duty, I shall kill you. Because, God truly wants me to hate and destroy His own creation despite hating and judging somebody for their viewpoints on love is a sin itself. Also that whole "Homosexuality is a not a sin, but homosexual acts are" is what got me. It's like a freakin "WTF"! They're against it, but not homosexuality, which basically creates a paradox.

This really shouldn't come as such a surprise, seeing such ideas coming from the RCC. Meh...

And I really don't think WBC needs much more than just attention to keeps itself active, much less approval from an unrelated but relatively powerful church.

Well, maybe he's saying that a climate change isn't such a big deal, and people should let it do what it wants?

Plus, this is the catholic church guys. Why are you acting like this is a surprise?

Christianity the destroyer.

And the sad thing is that's not supposed to be how it is, even according to a previous pope! A friend of mine has writings from Pope Leo the 13th that says something to the effect of "Christianity is not a fundamentalist religion". (I forget exactly what wording he used, but I know he was talking about the fact that the people who wrote the Bible were not thinking of science when they did write it but more as a spiritual guide.)

The even sadder thing is that this is the Roman Catholic Church, which usually has a much more low-key community than most other Protestant churches that I know of. The fact that it's the pope saying this kind of saddens me to the point that I'm actually glad I left the Catholic church a few years ago.

But the saddest part of all? This gets coverage, yet nobody seems to notice that homosexuals in Saudi Arabia get their heads lopped off! :angry:

Well, if the entire planet is 100% homosexual, then yeah, we're in trouble. But it's more like .00001% of the planet is homosexual, so I say let them be. I'm completely neutral in this matter. It is wrong to spread hateful propaganda though. Bad pope, bad!!!

Super Mecha Death Christ will straighten him out!!!

I give it 5 years until someone actually shoves one of those signs up the ass of a member and I don't care if I have to be the person to do it.

I say shorter time than that.

I mean, if somebody tried to plant a bomb in one of their vans in the past, you don't think they would try to do what you just mention.

As much as I disagree with hating homosexuals, I must indeed point out that the Catholic church does not represent all of Christianity . . .

Huh? How is that?

In the very least, WBC has already been Rickroll'd XD

Well, if the entire planet is 100% homosexual, then yeah, we're in trouble. But it's more like .00001% of the planet is homosexual, so I say let them be. I'm completely neutral in this matter. It is wrong to spread hateful propaganda though. Bad pope, bad!!!

Super Mecha Death Christ will straighten him out!!!

While I have never agreed with the idea of 1 in 10, I'm quite sure that we're more than 1 in 10 000 000... :mellow:

Bugging people about homosexuality will do you no good because I don't think you'll get homosexuals to procreate unless you physically force them to. Hence any protest is moot in my book (although it'd already be otherwise).

Fun fact: In most Ancient Greek cities (Athens being one of them), everyone had a wife and everyone had to make kids (but not too many either), but only because they were being forced by law (hence half of them going gay due to the frustration).

Edited by Claus Mortis

I give it 5 years until someone actually shoves one of those signs up the ass of a member and I don't care if I have to be the person to do it.

That gives them exactly what they want. They're not so different from internet trolls: they want attention. Violent attention especially allows them to play martyr, particularly in a nation where free speech is such a big deal.

The Catholic Church is not ALL of Christianity. In fact a majority of the other branches despise the Catholic church.

The majority of other Christian branches do, yes, have their conflicts (or outright hatreds) with the Catholic Church, but their stance on homosexuality is rarely any more enlightened.

Edited by Der Kommissar

That gives them exactly what they want. They're not so different from internet trolls: they want attention. Violent attention especially allows them to play martyr, particularly in a nation where free speech is such a big deal.

The majority of other Christian branches do, yes, have their conflicts (or outright hatreds) with the Catholic Church, but their stance on homosexuality is rarely any more enlightened.

I understand that they aren't enlightened on it either, but this topic is about the pope and the Catholic church.

I understand that they aren't enlightened on it either, but this topic is about the pope and the Catholic church.

...and my point is that other branches' dislike for the Church is irrelevant to the discussion because their views are no better.

Edited by Der Kommissar

...and my point is that other branches' dislike for the Church is irrelevant to the discussion because their views are no better.

My point was this topic was made about the pope and the catholic church, not Christianity.

Yes, on the subject of which you mentioned that the Catholic Church doesn't speak for all Christians, to which I rejoined that this is an immaterial distinction on the subject of homosexuality, considering the majority condemnation of homosexuality by Christians at large.

Edited by Der Kommissar