Radiant Dawn vs PoR

if this has been done, lock or dispose of in proper manner...

Ever notice that the same characters in both games are completely different?

like Mia for instance..shes pretty meh in PoR but can slay ass in RD..

Or poor Oscar...in PoR hes possibly the best paladin, but in RD he blows...what the fetch?

Makalov, another good example..in PoR hes so bad its just depressing, but in RD hes got the best speed of all the paladins (from my knowledge)

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if this has been done, lock or dispose of in proper manner...

Ever notice that the same characters in both games are completely different?

like Mia for instance..shes pretty meh in PoR but can slay ass in RD..

Or poor Oscar...in PoR hes possibly the best paladin, but in RD he blows...what the fetch?

Makalov, another good example..in PoR hes so bad its just depressing, but in RD hes got the best speed of all the paladins (from my knowledge)

Oscar doesn't blow. He's got an Earth affinity, which means you should stop reading this sentence and start supporting him so he can give Ike some decent dodge and become a Swordmaster on a horse.

Makalov also suffers from a severe lack of playtime.

Haar stopped sucking and became one of the best characters in the game.

Actually it's the other way around. Makalov's great in POR but horrible in RD.

I wonder why they nerfed Rolf's potential in this game; in PoR he was a great unit, but in RD he comes at a bad level. They did the same thing to Astrid, too; she was great in PoR and she was killed by no playtime and nerfed abilities in RD.

And for me, Makalov has always sucked, so I normally don't bother with him anyways. Although, to his credit he is slightly better in RD.

I wonder why they nerfed Rolf's potential in this game; in PoR he was a great unit, but in RD he comes at a bad level. They did the same thing to Astrid, too; she was great in PoR and she was killed by no playtime and nerfed abilities in RD.

And for me, Makalov has always sucked, so I normally don't bother with him anyways. Although, to his credit he is slightly better in RD.

Rolf? Great in PoR? DOES NOT COMPUTE. He requires OBSCENE amounts of babying just to become good, and even then, he doesn't turn out good enough to justify all the trouble.

Rolf? Great in PoR? DOES NOT COMPUTE. He requires OBSCENE amounts of babying just to become good, and even then, he doesn't turn out good enough to justify all the trouble.

What are you talking about, obscene amounts of babying? I never had any troubles with babying him; just use most of your BEXP on him and that's a bunch of easy levels right there.

What are you talking about, obscene amounts of babying? I never had any troubles with babying him; just use most of your BEXP on him and that's a bunch of easy levels right there.

Rolf needs enemies to be lowered to 1-4 HP so that he can kill them. As for the BEXP card, I knew you would try to play that. Too bad that Mist and Marcia, both of who join it that very same chapter, would like some of that BEXP. Sorry, but your BEXP argument is a rather poor one since BEXP can be given to anyone.

Edited by Fayt Raybrandt

I don't see how Rolf could be considered under-levelled in this game but not in POR, or how you can ignore how much win it is to be a marksman, especially in 4-E with the double bow, whereas POR Rolf is at best an average offensive unit with no ability to counter and that's after dealing with all his earlygame suckage.

I did a thread like this before I think.

Gatrie wasn't all that great in PoR, and in RD he's a monster.

Shinon sucked monkey dick in PoR, and in RD he's Jesus.

Astrid...

Kieran ruled PoR, and in RD he's ugh.

Mist was good in PoR, and only decent in RD.

Janaff and Ulki were bad in PoR, and amazing in RD.

Guest FreelancerSealBoy

Yeah I noticed the same thing.

Astrid sucked in RD altough I wasn't fond of her to begin with.

I gotta admit, this time around Lucia wasn't that bad at all. Nothing could hit her when I got her again. She was even killing dragons. In PoR, if I'd tried something like that...well I don't have to tell you.

We all know how much ass Haar kicks in RD...thats a given..

Seriously i found Makalov to be ripper in RD..i found him to be better than Kieran..O_o

Rolf is actually better than Shinon in RD in the respects that hes faster and has better strength..whoa...plus in PoR Rolfs battle sprite was horrible (especially upon promotion) and in RD it seems they fixed that..he looks like hes supposed to..a kid..

i did notice that about Mist..she can be really awesome in PoR but not as much in RD..hell, i gave her Alondite my last playthrough and she couldnt do a whole lot of damage with it..:(

Astrid got raped in RD..shes actually alot better than Titania in PoR...o_O

Titania actually is better in RD as well but still suffers if you dont use her..

Geoffrey doesnt seem to have made an improvement either...

We all know how much ass Haar kicks in RD...thats a given..

Seriously i found Makalov to be ripper in RD..i found him to be better than Kieran..O_o

Rolf is actually better than Shinon in RD in the respects that hes faster and has better strength..whoa...plus in PoR Rolfs battle sprite was horrible (especially upon promotion) and in RD it seems they fixed that..he looks like hes supposed to..a kid..

i did notice that about Mist..she can be really awesome in PoR but not as much in RD..hell, i gave her Alondite my last playthrough and she couldnt do a whole lot of damage with it..:(

Titania actually is better in RD as well but still suffers if you dont use her..

Geoffrey doesnt seem to have made an improvement either...

Umm...I.m pretty sure that Shinon is better,also,about the speed,Shinon not only has a higher base,but a 20%higher growth,Shinon is MUCH faster.

Umm...I.m pretty sure that Shinon is better,also,about the speed,Shinon not only has a higher base,but a 20%higher growth,Shinon is MUCH faster.

hmm.not in my experience...oh well..Shinon ends up getting abit abused...i dont like soloing characters that much..

I gotta admit, this time around Lucia wasn't that bad at all. Nothing could hit her when I got her again. She was even killing dragons. In PoR, if I'd tried something like that...well I don't have to tell you.

I think it's the hair. Long hair gets in your way. She got smart and chopped off those locks and went into badass dragonslayer mode. ; )

Also, Namie Amuro, did you miss the point of the topic?

Shinon joins 12 levels higher with obviously better stats, and the only stat that Rolf manages to beat him in come endgame that actually matters is Strength, and that's only by 3 points. Shinon's also way closer to promoting. There's no way Rolf > Shinon.

Not even close. Titania's one-rounding everything for the first half of the game, and still is able to rape enemies in the second half of the game. Astrid really only gets speed (yay) and is stuck with Bows.

And before that, she's stuck with 2-range, which sucks. She has Paragon, sure, but she has no enemy phase action, so it balances out.

What if there's a group of archers she could kill them and gain a few levels because of paragon.

Except, not really because her bases suck ass considering the atmosphere she's around.

Also, Harold, she's getting 32 EXP per hit, and a full level up per kill are really quick EXP gains. After promotion she gets access to Axes while still having the skill that doubles EXP gain. Nobody gives a damn about the fact that she uses Bows because of how fast she grows on top of how this disability is rectified after promotion.

On top of how she's mounted, can hit and run, doesn't really have to suffer through counter attacks, and has decent stats everywhere (not just Speed!)? And you're calling her an average unit?

Titania isn't even raping enemies in the second half of the game. Her level lead diminishes greatly (a level up every three or four chapters early on, yay? Everyone else is getting a level up per chapter) and her lead in every other stat does as well. At best she'll be around 20/15 when everyone else is 20/10.