Radiant Dawn vs PoR

On top of how she's mounted, can hit and run, doesn't really have to suffer through counter attacks, and has decent stats everywhere (not just Speed!)? And you're calling her an average unit?

Doesn't decent imply average? And saying that a bow user doesn't have to suffer through counter attacks is twisting her inability to counter 1 range and gain EXP on enemy phase for 20 levels (or less if you're promoting her earlier).

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Doesn't decent imply average? And saying that a bow user doesn't have to suffer through counter attacks is twisting her inability to counter 1 range and gain EXP on enemy phase for 20 levels (or less if you're promoting her earlier).
She gains the amount you'd normally get from three kills on a regular unit when you kill, and gains the amount you'd normally get from a kill when you hit something. She grows fast enough for it to not matter that much.

Decent implies a bit better than average.

I found Makalov pretty decent in both games, although he's better in RD. Heck, I even used him for Endgame in my last playthrough. He was my Alondite user and he kicked some decent ass.
Makalov's better in PoR.

I think that with some characters the perception about in which game they are better is more based in personal experience. Makalov is one of them IMO. I've read everywhere how absolutely ellite Oscar is in PoR while my Oscar was the definition of SUCK in one of my playthroughs, far outclassed by kieran and Makalov.

I think Janaff was faster than Ulki in PoR, and Ulki was stronger than Janaff. In RD it's the other way round...

NVM i just checked the site you are right

But i think ulki is way better in RD

Edited by Slayer

The biggest changes are for Haar, Shinon, and Astrid. The first two became tons better and the latter got a lot worse. Sothe also recieved a major upgrade, and Paladins and Sages as a whole got worse. Except Calill. She's probably the only one in her class who got better from PoR to RD. Unless, of course, you include Elincia, who also got a major upgrade.

Edited by Red Fox of Fire

I don't think Oscar and Titania are "a lot" worse :/

I never said they were "a lot" worse, just that the class in general isn't as good as it was. As characters, they still are worse than their PoR counterparts where they were among the best characters in the game.

Actually it's the other way around. Makalov's great in POR but horrible in RD.

I'm gonna have to agree with the other guy on this one. Makalov has sucked twice in PoR for me, but kicked ass in RD

As I said before, many times it just comes to personal experience. Some characters just have more chances of becoming great than others. As for Oscar, I didn't find him reliable in PoR, unlike Ike, Soren or Boyd, who always turned into beasts. Sometimes Oscar turned out good, sometimes he turned out really mediocre. In my PoR experience, Kieran has always beena more reliable paladin.

i actually think Oscar got shafted big time but i could try using him again to see whether im right or not...

Calill did get a massive upgrade and Tormod got screwed something fierce..hes actually decent in PoR..

Actually, to be honest, Astrid is basically the same in both games if you ask me...she turned out the same for me..

I think Tomod got Play Time Screwed XD

Denved got Better (I think)

Ena now is Usable

Nasir is Awesome XD

The Laguz in general GOT WAY BETTER

Marcia Got better stats but horrible play time

Tanith got Nerfed especialy without Reinforcements.

Sothe Now can battle.

Volke got playtime Screwed.

I thing Caili, Lucia and Geofrey get way better.

Edited by Gemini-Saga

You ask me, it's like asking if Arnold Schwarzenegger beats the crap out of Johnny Depp.

....In this case, Schwarzenegger is PoR, and Johnny Depp is RD.

RD's structure, design [What's the point of Tier 3 if you're going to make 85% of the cast start at Tier 2?], and BEXP sucked. It'd actually be a great game if not for those three things.

Edited by MightyZagaro

You ask me, it's like asking if Arnold Schwarzenegger beats the crap out of Johnny Depp.

RD's structure, design [What's the point of Tier 3 if you're going to make 85% of the cast start at Tier 2?], and BEXP sucked. It'd actually be a great game if not for those three things.

[/Not Reading the First Post]

I think Tomod got Play Time Screwed XD

Denved got Better (I think)

Ena now is Usable

Nasir is Awesome XD

The Laguz in general GOT WAY BETTER

Marcia Got better stats but horrible play time

Tanith got Nerfed especialy without Reinforcements.

Sothe Now can battle.

Volke got playtime Screwed.

I thing Caili, Lucia and Geofrey get way better.

I have to disagree on Tanith, Geoff, and laguz in general. Tanith? Reinforce, which is overrated IMO, isn't enough to make up for Tanith's mediocre bases in PoR. Geoff? Playtime screwed. Laguz? Forgetting that the cats got the short stick, are we?

Aside from the analogy. I fully agree.

It seems with every step forward the developers took a step back.

For example:

Forward: Alternate attack animations.

Back: Complete loss of fluidity in doubling.

Forward: Pre- and post-battle animations.

Back: Sticking the dialogue in before the battle even started or after the person dies diminishing the appeal.

Also,this is more on the characters by the way. I just wanted to get that out.

Edited by Hibari

Forward: Alternate attack animations.

Back: Complete loss of fluidity in doubling.

Forward: Pre- and post-battle animations.

Back: Sticking the dialogue in before the battle even started or after the person dies diminishing the appeal.

Also,this is more on the characters by the way. I just wanted to get that out.

...What? Loss of fluidity? Considering how terribly boring PoR's animations were, I don't see how that makes sense.

I hardly find that makes a difference.

Gatrie got better. He was so slow in PoR now he's got lots of speed in RD. Too bad he has a low speed cap.

Tormod, Muarim and CRKs got screwed in availability.

Mist got worst cause there aren't any magic swords in RD.

Lethe and Ranulf got worse cause their transformation guage runs out way too fast.

Ulki and Janaff got better.

Tanith got a little worse. She needs a few levels in RD before she can kill anything. At least she could kill things with the Sonic Sword at base level.

Soren got worse cause his speed and cap are lower.

Rolf got better, he's not crap when he starts out and isn't that hard to train in RD.

Sothe's obviously better.

Volke's better, he gets more criticals.

Oscar and Titania are a little worse.

Tanith got a little worse, but for different reasons than that.

Volke got worse because his utility doesn't exist much anymore. In FE9 he could steal and for a long time, in FE10 he barely exists.

Volke was a combat failure in FE9, at least they fixed that for 10. Although in 10, he's outclassed... <_<

I'd think his offense is better than a non-Vague Katti sword user, considering his level's going to be higher and he has better bases than they'd have stats at the time (Mia's going to be 20/7 or something when he joins). Baselard has plenty of might for the final chapter.

Edited by Nathan Graves

...What? Loss of fluidity? Considering how terribly boring PoR's animations were, I don't see how that makes sense.

I hardly find that makes a difference.

I'll admit the animations were a bit stale in PoR, but the way they flowed seamlessly together as oppose to the GBA titles or RD helped to redeem it in my eyes.

Oh, I see what you mean actually. I preferred Dawn's way myself, though but in my opinion they should have more attack animations and make it random (preferably putting a separate RNG in for it lol).

Edited by Nathan Graves

Oh, I see what you mean actually. I preferred Dawn's way myself, though.

Don't get me wrong I loved the new animations, I just felt they could've done something to make it flow better.