riariadne

Karel or Harken?  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Your choice?

• Karel
    • Harken
    • I don't care.
    • Depends who I need.

So, which one do you like better? I haven't got this far, and I'd like advice on who to choose. I like Swordmasters, but I want the Brave Sword, so it's a tough choice for me.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Harken...i dont like the version of the level where Karel comes in..its a pain in me butt...besides Harken comes with a Brave Sword and its more useful than a Wo Dao since i usually dont have swordmasters when i play that game..

the Karel version of that level is something that happens way too often due to the fact i tend to promote Priscilla earlier than that...plus the Harken version, Jerme drops his light brand i believe..so thats even more reason not to train your mages IMO

Karel sucks, Harken doesn't. Harken has actual supports, Karel has none. Harken comes with the Brave Sword, Karel comes with a Wo Dao, which sucks.

The only thing you could have against Harken is his making you wait 8~ turns before you kill a few promoted enemies or open a few doors.

Edited by Harold

Harken...i dont like the version of the level where Karel comes in..its a pain in me butt...besides Harken comes with a Brave Sword and its more useful than a Wo Dao since i usually dont have swordmasters when i play that game..

the Karel version of that level is something that happens way too often due to the fact i tend to promote Priscilla earlier than that...plus the Harken version, Jerme drops his light brand i believe..so thats even more reason not to train your mages IMO

You can get either character on either version of the chapter.

You can get either character on either version of the chapter.

nyet...never happened :P

its one or the other..atleast im pretty sure it is...if so, where and how does Harken show up in the Kenneth version?

nyet...never happened :P

its one or the other..atleast im pretty sure it is...if so, where and how does Harken show up in the Kenneth version?

You can't kill more than 2 promoted enemies in 10 turns.

It's a negligible amount, though.

I prefer Harken because he's actually pretty decent and also comes with the Brave Sword. He also happens to be my favorite Hero in the game. Don't tell Raven.

Edited by Fireman

Hmm, I will go with Karel, seeing as throught out my countless play throughs, he has been the most beneficial. And, I know that Harken may have better stats, and I know that personal experiance means nothing, yet, Karel is still cooler. LOL

Harken.

Better stats, combat performance, and makes Isadora awesome.

Isadora? Awesome? In most of my play throughs, she has been medicore at best. However, one PT when I went nuts over cavalry, I did get her a little okayish.

Edited by Erk23

As character I like better Karel "I need to kill" than Harken "I failed to protect lord Elbert sob sob" but well it seems that Harken is the better unit (or that's what the people around here say, and they know their stuff B) )

Still in my current playthrough I chose Karel because I want his supports with Dart, very funny the C level support.