Best and Worst Anime/Manga Endings

Doom103

Saint Seiya had the worst ending for a manga, ever. BECAUSE IT WOULD GO ON, ON OVA AND MOVIES, HA-HA.

Hokuto no Ken had a good ending, to redeem itself for the last arc, and a better one on the manga

YGO's ending pissed me off, but it wasn't all bad, though.

The worst ending is Death Note. It was great up until that part.
I didn't like the ending of Death Note. It started off pretty well though. Overall I did enjoy watching this series.

Well what did you expect to end like? It was only a matter of time Light would get himself discovered eventually.

Edited by Namie Amuro

Actually, it was the first show that came to mind that didn't have a crappy ending.

This.

Anime and Manga in general seem to have a lot of trouble coming up with good endings emo13.gif

It seems even the most benign adventures always have to turn into a quest to kill god or save the universe from some evil organization (who turns out to be god).

I hated Air's ending. The rest of the series was amazing, but the end sucked.

Really? I quite liked AIR's ending. I mean, obviously there are certain... things about it that are odd, but well:

I went through that series and most series hoping that the Main character works everything out and lives happily ever after, but I still enjoy it when a series dashes those hopes or screws with them...

. But I guess everybody is different, so hey.

I'll admit Bo-bobo's anime ending was bad, mainly because it ended far before it's manga ending. Stupid Japanese soccer moms and demanded the end to Bo-bobo. (that's apparently what happened)

Best ending goes to Char's Counterattack. Worst would definitely be the crap InuYasha ended with.

Really, the whole movie is amazing and the ending, although not what I hope but it's very good. Inuyasha itself is not a good series, and the ending killed it.

I don't like endings which leave questions questions unanswered.

Elfen Lied and Shaman King are examples. D:

I just finished Elfen Lied tonight. I thought it was an excellent ending. It answered most of the little questions, and the "big" one, I think, is left open the "right" way: with implication.

The way I saw it, I was fairly sure it was Lucy/Nyuu at the door, but what I was curious about was what would happen after that.

If you ask me the good endings are the (basically) closed endings and the best version of this is one that has an epilogue chapter (so to speak).

Basically the final battle/conflict ends on the penultimate episode leaving the final episode to tie up all the loose ends and find out what happened to the cast afterwards. Planetes is a good example of this sort of ending. To some extent Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex does too. From what i've heared Death Note has an epilogue chapter in the manga but for whatever reason they didn't animate it :(

The worst tend to be open endings because by definition they're not endings. Spice and Wolf is a good example seeing as the objective of the series isn't completed. Thankfully there are no cliffhangers as those always end up with season 2 resolving them in the worst possible way. Code Geass i'm looking at you.

One series that deserves a mention for completely different reasons is The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya under the chronological order. Someday in the Rain is worst final episode ever, the internet was alight with flames when it aired and to consider they didn't see it as the final episode (its the 9th episode under broadcast order). Were the fames deserved? Well there was a 4 minute scene which was basically silence and with virtually no animation to speak of :lol:

To you people saying Inuyasha the manga is over now and the ending seems a bit cheesy and if was told it correctly; closed...wait, Rumikio Takahashi actually did a closed ending? :huh:

Am I really going to be the first person to put out Cowboy Bebop as having the best Anime ending? That's rather surprising. I'm not gonna lie, that ending was art. In fact, the whole last ten minutes of that show are art, and are probably at least half responsible for why I like it so much. They totally make up for the fact that, in all other respects, the last two episodes had terrible pacing because they were cramed with way to much stuff.

Edited by Commissar Gaunt

You know, InuYasha had to potential to end very strongly, but it is called InuYasha : A Feudal Fairy Tale

Fairy tales tend to you know end happy

I wanted a different ending

When Kagome and InuYasha were in the jewel, maybe Naraku could have had something else up his sleeve. And then InuYasha makes a wish to stop Naruku on the jewel. Who re-calls when they spoke of the origin of the jewe, how there is a preiset fighting an never ending battle inside the jewl, well to asure the worlds safety InuYasha wishes Naraku and himself get sucked into the jewl fighting forever, and avenge Kikyo and protect Kagome...from Naraku

It ends both happy and sad idk I like it, maybe