Do you find FE6 forgettable?

Do you find this game forgettable?  

57 members have voted

1. 1. Do you find this game forgettable?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe
    • Abstain

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That depends; what are your reasons?

Well, like I said before, it's a 1999 SFC-only game.

Gaiden is more known than Thracia, perhaps.

Well, like I said before, it's a 1999 SFC-only game.

Gaiden is more known than Thracia, perhaps.

Not my reasons at all. My reasons are it was really easy than suddenly became hard then easy again. As well as I remember most of the chapters in other games but like only three or five chapters from this game.

Also there's a cartridge of the game out now, as well as the ROM and translation patch.

Not my reasons at all. My reasons are it was really easy than suddenly became hard then easy again. As well as I remember most of the chapters in other games but like only three or five chapters from this game.

Also there's a cartridge of the game out now, as well as the ROM and translation patch.

Well, to me it it easy-hard-easy-hard-hard-easy.

But, back then it was forgettable, IMO.

Yes, because that annoying field music played for like 14 chapters straight, then I gave up because the music was so repetitive.

At least it got good afterwords. The first map music was the only one I didn't like. Second, third, forth, and fifth was swell! Especially that "Beneath a New Light" one!

• 2 weeks later...
B. Lilina and Roy's love is so disgustingly generic that it makes the game easy to remember (for some reason >_>)

That and also the chance for Roy getting hooked up with tons of girls in this game O_o

Nope, I don't find this game forgettable....no....the stories sheer crappiness has made it so I can never forget....no....it's ass suckiness just burns, burns, BURNS into my mind!!

I still don't understand why people don't like it to this degree.

I still don't understand why people don't like it to this degree.

I think it has something to do with people playing it after they played FE7. Lots of folks treat it as a sequel and expect it to be as polished as a game that came after it. The support conversations are another point of criticism. Then you have the fans of the SNES era who view it as a step back for the series. Blah, blah, blah.

Zealot sucks, Marcus is the king of pre-pomoted paladins in FE6 but in FE7 Isadora is cooler.

LOL at this post.

Percival would like to have a serious talk with you.

there are Fir, Thate, Thino and a lot of hot girl around. How can I forget them!?

You might remember the character but not the game they come from. Also Miredy and Yuno and Guinevere.

I think it has something to do with people playing it after they played FE7. Lots of folks treat it as a sequel and expect it to be as polished as a game that came after it. The support conversations are another point of criticism. Then you have the fans of the SNES era who view it as a step back for the series. Blah, blah, blah.

While I do admit it is a downgrade after the SNES ones, I don't think it's a terribly bad thing. If anything, it went back to its basics ( up to the story and characters, as a lot of them share a similarity with an Akaneia counterpart ) and added a few nice things here and there, like a mounted healer, decent axe users and different types of magic, just to name those.

I did play it after I played FE 7, and even though it's less polished, the bigger challenge is what got me hooked to this game and made me treat FE 7 as inferior to FE 6.

Of course, there are a few things bugging me, like the lack of defend/escape missions.

This is kind of off topic, I haven't played this game, but I played its prequel FE7 and also FE8. even though i didn't really like FE8 I liked FE7 alot. I haven't gotten this game, and plan to get this game in the future, if i can manage to import it. Now, I have heard that a lot of people didn't like this game or were dissapointed in it. After watching the end to FE7, I have really wanted to play FE6, as its the games sequel ^_^ . I want to see how the future for Elibe turns out, but I don't want to end up getting bored with this game :o . If anyone here has played FE7 first, than FE6, would you say that it was a dissapointment for a sequel?

I want to know, just in case, so that i don't end up playing a bad sequel to a game that i think is really good.

I think everything about FE6 (aside from the plot and female charater art - Miledy and Tate are hot, but... that's it) is better than FE7, personally.

Edited by Nathan Graves

This is kind of off topic, I haven't played this game, but I played its prequel FE7 and also FE8. even though i didn't really like FE8 I liked FE7 alot. I haven't gotten this game, and plan to get this game in the future, if i can manage to import it. Now, I have heard that a lot of people didn't like this game or were dissapointed in it. After watching the end to FE7, I have really wanted to play FE6, as its the games sequel ^_^ . I want to see how the future for Elibe turns out, but I don't want to end up getting bored with this game :o . If anyone here has played FE7 first, than FE6, would you say that it was a dissapointment for a sequel?

I want to know, just in case, so that i don't end up playing a bad sequel to a game that i think is really good.

Try using a rom instead. Its free, easier, and there are links to translation patches on the forums, somewhere (General FE Sticky Topic maybe?).

@Below post: Wimps.

Edited by Delmud