Tier list!!!

riariadne

Yeah I'm making a tier list again, don't expect it to be perfect. Tell me if I forgot anyone.

H4x

Hector

Raven

Oswin

Matthew

High

Nils/Ninian

Florina

Priscilla

Lowen

Sain

Kent

Upper mid

Lyn

Legault

Pent

Guy

Geitz

Erk

Lucius

Mid

Canas

Serra

Harken

Rebecca

Eliwood

Dart

Fiora

Lower mid

Dorcas

Bartre

Jaffar

Rath

Heath

Marcus

Low

Karel

Wil

Nino

Louise

Renault

Fail

Wallace

Vaida

Unranked

Athos

Karla

Farina

Edited by Reinfleche

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

H4x

Oswin

Hector

Raven

Matthew

Nils/ Ninian

High

Florina

Rebecca

Sain

Kent

Legault

Upper mid

Lowen

Pent

Lyn

Guy

Priscilla

Serra

Geitz

Lucius

Mid

Harken

Canas

Fiora

Eliwood

Marcus

Dorcas

Lower mid

Erk

Bartre

Jaffar

Rath

Heath

Karel

Nino

Low

Renault

Wil

Lousie

Fail

Wallace

Vaida

Absent

Athos

Karla

Farina

I moved Oswin to the top. He has to be the best character in the game. I moved Lowen above everyone else in upper mid. He gets the most defense out of any other calvary unit. He will lack in supporting with anyone but prepromos. That is why that I keep him in upper mid. Pent goes above Lyn, he is actually alot more useful than her. Starting with A level in Anima and Staves, as well at a good level. Lyn is above Guy, because she gets more avoid, and I put Serra above Geitz, because she has alot more availibility than him, and that she grows alot more crit than any other magic user. Also many enemies have low resistence thus making her usefulness go up more.

This list looks like its beyond repair. Erk in lower mid? Missing characters like Dart? My god....

Here's the most recent gamefaqs one for every mode except for HHM:

-God-

Hector (Not main Lord)

Ninian/Nils

Serra

Priscilla

-High-

Matthew

Kent

Erk

Sain

Oswin

Lowen

Raven

Eliwood (Not main Lord)

Pent

-Upper Mid-

Harken

Hector (Main Lord)

Lucius

Florina

Guy

Lyn

Marcus

Eliwood (Main Lord)

Legault

Fiora

Canas

-Lower Mid-

Vaida

Geitz

Dorcas

Hawkeye

Rebecca

Heath

Isadora

Bartre

Wil

Rath

-Low-

Jaffar

Karel

Louise

Renault

Nino

-Bottom-

Dart

Farina

Wallace

Karla

Hasn't been updated in forever, but its a better list to work from. We could use Swordsalmon's too...

Edited by IOS

The top tiers are good, but the lower ones are disaster.

There is no way sain/kent are better than lyn.

Lyn gets a slight lead, has better growths in skill, speed, luck, similar growths in hp and defense.

They ust have 15-20 growth in str extra. That is negated by the mani katti, and overall better critical.

Florina is better than nil/ninian who should be seperated.

Nils is gone 1/2 the game and ninian can hardly "motivate" before level ups without being ohko be almost any foe.

Florina has good gains all around and has mobility, "hit and run"

Lowen has terrible gains save def and hp, but joins after you would has trained sain/kent. Prologue awol.

Eliwood up one becasue you have to use him.

Lastly- athos and karla up several tiers.

Athos is like a galzus or sety, he joins late but with good stats and no training. he can save your team in the last chapter if you training was bad. S in all magics as well.

Karla- you get wo dao, good str growth and balanced stats. Better sub for karel and- if you did not use Guy?!

Speed has good gains but starts low- but she can double most enemies anyways.

Eliwood Normal Mode fails. If you want to make a tier list, at least make one that has any discussion value to it. ENM isn't worth discussing, while HHM is.

Eliwood Normal Mode fails. If you want to make a tier list, at least make one that has any discussion value to it. ENM isn't worth discussing, while HHM is.

then point out the differences between enm and ehm.

I never even mentioned EHM. If he wants to make a tier list, let him make a tier list for HHM, since it has more discussion value than any of the other modes.

Non-HHM modes = everyone semi-decent one-rounds everything after they surpass L10 or so

I don't see how you can even put EHM in the same tier list as ENM. They are two totally different modes from ranking perspective. In Hard Mode, EXP rank is a bitch, and funds is a joke. In NM, funds is less of a joke, but EXP flows like water through everyone.

From my personal ranking experience (strategy-wise, not "Florina always gets good Def for me") and earlier debating experience...

-Top-

Matthew

Serra

Ninian

Guy

Raven

Hector

-High-

Sain

Kent

Lowen

Erk

Oswin

Priscilla

Eliwood

Marcus

Pent

Geitz

Harken

-Mid-

Florina

Dorcas

Lucius

Lyn

Legault

Fiora

Athos

Canas

Isadora

-Low-

Rebecca

Rath

Karel

Jaffar

Bartre

Dart

Hawkeye

Wil

Louise

Heath

Vaida

-Bottom-

Nino

Farina

Wallace

Renault

Karla

Edited by Mekkah

Then here's Reikken's tier list for HHM:

-Top-

Matthew

Ninian/Nils

Serra

Raven

Guy

-High-

Priscilla

Erk

Oswin

Lowen

Sain

Kent

Marcus

Pent

Harken

Eliwood

-Upper Mid-

Lucius

Florina

Geitz

Hector

Legault

Lyn

Fiora

-Lower Mid-

Heath

Hawkeye

Vaida

Dorcas

Jaffar

Canas

Rebecca

Isadora

Rath

-Low-

Karel

Bartre

Louise

Renault

Wil

Nino

-Bottom-

Dart

Farina

Wallace

Karla

Many things that make Matthew so great in Hector Mode are gone in Eliwood Mode. Instead of being there in Ch11 and Ch12, in both of which he makes quite huge contributions, he starts being available in Ch13. His thief bonus for EXP is no longer great since you drown in EXP, and his funds bonus through Silver Card is gone (though you could argue the things he does steal/pick now throughout the game are relatively more valuable). I suppose you could say he now supports a Hector that doesn't cap out at 20/0 for a while, but meh.

I don't really want to argue about ENM/EHM/HNM tier lists, but just felt like pointing this out.

Actually, come to think of it, ENM also drops Door/Chest Keys whereas HHM does not, making Matthew even worse off. For stealing things, there really isn't much other than Lockpicks and Vulneraries early on, until Pirate Shop rolls around and you get to steal Speedwings and Pure Waters.

I never even mentioned EHM. If he wants to make a tier list, let him make a tier list for HHM, since it has more discussion value than any of the other modes.

Doesn't mean it has no discussion. All you ever do on my lists is say they're bad, and make a similar list saying its 10 times better!

The top tiers are good, but the lower ones are disaster.

There is no way sain/kent are better than lyn.

Lyn gets a slight lead, has better growths in skill, speed, luck, similar growths in hp and defense.

They ust have 15-20 growth in str extra. That is negated by the mani katti, and overall better critical.

Florina is better than nil/ninian who should be seperated.

Nils is gone 1/2 the game and ninian can hardly "motivate" before level ups without being ohko be almost any foe.

Florina has good gains all around and has mobility, "hit and run"

Lowen has terrible gains save def and hp, but joins after you would has trained sain/kent. Prologue awol.

Eliwood up one becasue you have to use him.

Lastly- athos and karla up several tiers.

Athos is like a galzus or sety, he joins late but with good stats and no training. he can save your team in the last chapter if you training was bad. S in all magics as well.

Karla- you get wo dao, good str growth and balanced stats. Better sub for karel and- if you did not use Guy?!

Speed has good gains but starts low- but she can double most enemies anyways.

Yes way sain and kent are better than lyn. Weapon triangle control upon promotion is better than bows, as much as it saddens me to say it. Also, horseys provide extra movement, and lyn promotes pretty late.

Nils and Ninian are the same exact character. They share stats as well as exp when they switch, and they have so much speed that it doesn't matter. 14 speed at lv 1? WIN.

I need more proof to move Florina up.

KARLA ISN'T IN THIS MODE! THAT'S A LIST OF CHARACTERS WHO DON'T BELONG ON THE LIST!

Athos can't be ranked because the sety archtype characters are general unranked. I should change the name of the tier to unranked.

ALSO, sorry for posting so many times in a row, mods if you could make this 1 post it would be appreciated.

I don't understand why Matthew stealing Silver Card automaticallly makes him the best character in the game. Sure, it can give him points, but theoretically, you could have him just steal everything until you get Legault and then use Legault for everything. I just don't think he's worthy of being best in the game.

Also, Priscilla should be higher on all the lists. Depending on how much Serra was raised in LM, she is the biggest contributor to the experience rank, which we all know is a bitch. 7 move with healing allows her to get to most people with ease, fast supports with great characters like Raven and Guy, and Valkyries have that nifty class experience bonus as well as being mounted magic users, which we all know are complete ownage in this game. I'd say she needs to at least be at the bottom of top, but I can't specificy a position with 4 lists.

I don't understand why Matthew stealing Silver Card automaticallly makes him the best character in the game. Sure, it can give him points, but theoretically, you could have him just steal everything until you get Legault and then use Legault for everything. I just don't think he's worthy of being best in the game.
The difference is also that Matthew with earlygame stealing provides you with promotion items

You mean

- allowing you to use powerful weapons with little penalty, because he steals the Silver Card

- allowing you to promote many characters with little penalty, because he steals the Silver Card

- allowing you to promote DART without raping Funds, because he steals the Silver Card

- him and Legault both can loot chests, but Matthew allows you to steal the Silver Card that allows you much, much flexibility of Funds that it makes characters usable and has the potential to make Tactics a little easier (because you plow enemies faster)

isn't worthy of being best in the game?

isn't worthy of being best in the game?

Not exactly. I said it definitely earns him points, but I don't think one act in a single chapter is enough to make a character the best in the entire game, no matter how much it helps. If he was also one of the games best fighters and had an early, less costly promotion, I would probably agree, but he doesn't. He can stay in top tier for sure, but top of top? That doesn't sound quite right.

Lying is bad, you know.

Lowen actually starts with more Speed than Sain. This means that he'll be doubling faster. They have very similar growths for Speed, Lowen having 30% and Sain having 35%. Sain only beats Lowen by one point in speed at level 20/0.

Lowen and Sain also have very similar stats for skill. Sain only starts beating Lowen at 20/2 by 1 point. That's pathetic.

Lowen wins HP and Defense, and Sain wins Str. Those are givens. They both have suck Res, but Lowen's is a little better. Lowen has a little higher Luck, too, so he'll actually be dodging more than Sain (counting supports).

He's useable for the early chapters of Hector mode, which are filled with enemies. Lyn mode has, what, 3 enemies a map? Serious power-leveling there, lol. Sain also has to share his experience with the likes of Lyn, Erk, Kent, Florina, Dorcas, etc. What competition does Lowen have? Characters who won't be used like Rebecca or Bartre? Lowen also starts a level higher than Sain.

Lowen is basically garanteed Eliwood A, since it's fast, they join at the same time, and FireXAnima is almost as good as FireXFire. Lowen can also grab either a Marcus B or Harken B. He's not going supportless.

Sain, on the other hand, has a bit of trouble with supports. Not only is his affinity the worst in the game, his partners are meh, also. He's obviously getting a Kent A. His B support is a bit shaky, though. His best candidate would be Fiora, who may or may not be used.

Thus, Lowen is sex.