New Zelda?

Rehab

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I try my best :D . If this isn't Zelda I'm going to kill myself with Knife.

Hey hey, our conditions are different. I'm only killing myself if it's HM. Your killing yourself if it's anything other than Zelda. I think I have a greater chance of winning. :)

Whatever it is, it should be revealed in just les than five day's time...

It looks very Zelda-like to me, personally. I'm hoping it is.

Just less than 5 day's time?

It's currently at 42 hours remaining, and it was at 50 hours or so remaining when this thread was posted.

Now, 48 hours is 2 days, so that means just less than 2 days remaining.

Just less than 5 day's time?

It's currently at 42 hours remaining, and it was at 50 hours or so remaining when this thread was posted.

Now, 48 hours is 2 days, so that means just less than 2 days remaining.

Are you sure? I just calculated it out to be 4.62 days (and something over 5 yesterday).

Are you sure? I just calculated it out to be 4.62 days (and something over 5 yesterday).

Whoops, I assumed it to be Hour:Minute:Second.

Now that I look at it, right now it would be 88 minutes which is... yeah.

I remember when the whole Commadervideo virial marketing was going round a few weeks ago the Nintendo fans were squaking theirs heads off that it had to be Pikmin 3. Well guess what; it was some WiiWare game with Atari Graphics.

So i'm not going to beleive some coincidental triangles. What about the rainbow feather and outside triangle? Rainbow, wait a second it Must be Chrono Trigger 3 why? In Chrono Trigger the best weapon is the rainbow sword and in Chro...*looks up into* oh, forget it, I got my Chrono Cross facts wrong, Prism weapons not Rainbow weapons :(

There is also another similar virial markeitng going about. SEGA are behind it, some blue mushroom that makes the infamous Mario sound effect...of course people are squaking this has to be Mairo & Sonic in the Rushroom Kingdom.

I don't follow these things very much as I get swept into the hype train based off the strangest of facts. Its best to take back seat and watch as everyone goes, "wha? I've never heared of this shit before, gib meh Zelar! FUCKYOUNINTENDOFUCKYOUNINTENDOFUCKYOUNINTENDO"

Edit: Here is that SEGA one. Hmm, its going to be a day later...

Bah, these countdowns suck, at least Let's Tap had awesome music on its countdown...

Edited by Starwolf_UK

I remember when the whole Commadervideo virial marketing was going round a few weeks ago the Nintendo fans were squaking theirs heads off that it had to be Pikmin 3. Well guess what; it was some WiiWare game with Atari Graphics.
Wha? The Commandervideo viral had absolutely no hint that it could be Pikmin. Anybody who thought that deserves the extreme disappointment of disillusioning themselves.

A Wiiware game with Atari graphics? That's so much better than what we could want.

Edited by FE3 Player

Maybe Link decides to settle down with Malon and start a farm or something, where they raise cows and pigs and chickens and farm carrots and onions and other veggies.

:mellow:

I think we're overdue for a Wii Zelda game. I doubt it's a Harvest Moon, didn't we just get a new one of those?

um, one just came out. Twilight Princess and Phantom Hourglass just came out. If a new Zelda game came out in the next year or two, i imagine it would be a lot like Majora's Mask. It would probably use the same character models that Twilight PRincess used, just like how Majora used Ocarina's...and pretty much the same everything. ANd i could really go without that. Majora's mask was cool an all...but i didn't like how "unoriginal" the game felt, even though Zelda games all do rely on a certain dungeon crawler

And how was Majora's Mask a "dark game"? was it because it was apocolyptic? because, if i remember correctly, part of Ocarina takes place in a darker times....and some pretty ground breaking stuff happened in Twilight, like characters died, and not just the ONE we're all thinking about. In the Kakariko village scene, the bomb seller briefly mentions something about other villagers having died.

That's pretty much the darkest thing to occur in a Zelda game.

New zelda game already..

i agree with this. Nintendo, sadly, does not just release their big guns often. If this is anything, it is merely a releasing of the title and possibly a teaser to the game's premise. Shigeru Miyamoto did officially confirm that new Zelda games are in development for the DS and Wii back at E3 in 2008. And i don't think Nintendo would let another company assist in the production of a main console Zelda game. I imagine that Marvelous is helping on the DS one, since Capcom has been working on the hand held ones for awhile now.

And for a premise, i doubt it has much to do with the flood. Or a non-Link hero. Why would they make a Zelda game where you play as someone not Link? and really it doesn't have to be Link, so much as the guy who always has the Tri-Force of Courage, who the games always prename Link.

And the preFlood game i am guessing was actually Twilight Princess. That's the game where if Link failed or didn't exist, then Ganon(dorf)'s resurrection would have been unhindered and he would conquer Hyrule (like he pretty much did). Twilight is part of the time line where there is no flood.

um, one just came out. Twilight Princess and Phantom Hourglass just came out. If a new Zelda game came out in the next year or two, i imagine it would be a lot like Majora's Mask. It would probably use the same character models that Twilight PRincess used, just like how Majora used Ocarina's...and pretty much the same everything. ANd i could really go without that. Majora's mask was cool an all...but i didn't like how "unoriginal" the game felt, even though Zelda games all do rely on a certain dungeon crawler

And how was Majora's Mask a "dark game"? was it because it was apocolyptic? because, if i remember correctly, part of Ocarina takes place in a darker times....and some pretty ground breaking stuff happened in Twilight, like characters died, and not just the ONE we're all thinking about. In the Kakariko village scene, the bomb seller briefly mentions something about other villagers having died.

That's pretty much the darkest thing to occur in a Zelda game.

i agree with this. Nintendo, sadly, does not just release their big guns often. If this is anything, it is merely a releasing of the title and possibly a teaser to the game's premise. Shigeru Miyamoto did officially confirm that new Zelda games are in development for the DS and Wii back at E3 in 2008. And i don't think Nintendo would let another company assist in the production of a main console Zelda game. I imagine that Marvelous is helping on the DS one, since Capcom has been working on the hand held ones for awhile now.

And for a premise, i doubt it has much to do with the flood. Or a non-Link hero. Why would they make a Zelda game where you play as someone not Link? and really it doesn't have to be Link, so much as the guy who always has the Tri-Force of Courage, who the games always prename Link.

And the preFlood game i am guessing was actually Twilight Princess. That's the game where if Link failed or didn't exist, then Ganon(dorf)'s resurrection would have been unhindered and he would conquer Hyrule (like he pretty much did). Twilight is part of the time line where there is no flood.

while i agree that Majora's Mask wasn't the darkest game in the Zelda timeline, its the mood that the games give out which gives it its dark atmosphere. i will laugh at you if you tell me that OoT was darker than Majora's Mask. The only place where you could actually feel the presence of Ganon and the darkness and such was on Hyrule Castle Town Market. Everywhere else people continued along with their lives and would not even mention anything about the supposed Ganon invasion.

however, in Majora's Mask people talk about the moon getting closer and closer. people actually LEAVE Clock Town because of it. and the three-day apocalypse really gives off this desperation feel to the game, as each hour that passes is an hour closer to death. of course, the ocarina's always there to save your behind, but that feeling doesn't go away.

I say Twilight Princess is the darkest game, but not by much. especially since people in Hyrule Castle Town don't even realize that something is wrong. it kinda kills the mood sometimes.

while i agree that Majora's Mask wasn't the darkest game in the Zelda timeline, its the mood that the games give out which gives it its dark atmosphere. i will laugh at you if you tell me that OoT was darker than Majora's Mask. The only place where you could actually feel the presence of Ganon and the darkness and such was on Hyrule Castle Town Market. Everywhere else people continued along with their lives and would not even mention anything about the supposed Ganon invasion.

however, in Majora's Mask people talk about the moon getting closer and closer. people actually LEAVE Clock Town because of it. and the three-day apocalypse really gives off this desperation feel to the game, as each hour that passes is an hour closer to death. of course, the ocarina's always there to save your behind, but that feeling doesn't go away.

I say Twilight Princess is the darkest game, but not by much. especially since people in Hyrule Castle Town don't even realize that something is wrong. it kinda kills the mood sometimes.

I totally agree with you. Though in OoT the darkest part of the game is when you have to go into the Shadow Temple...I was really young playing it and in the dark at 3am O_o

The music freaked me out and it still does.

I totally agree with you. Though in OoT the darkest part of the game is when you have to go into the Shadow Temple...I was really young playing it and in the dark at 3am O_o

The music freaked me out and it still does.

God, the Shadow Temple's music was scary! I just played OoT over the summer, and the music still scares me. You keep expecting something to happen. Like that small room with the Redeads.

God, the Shadow Temple's music was scary! I just played OoT over the summer, and the music still scares me. You keep expecting something to happen. Like that small room with the Redeads.

Yeah same here...I am still too scared to play it....;_;

I kept on thinking some creepy hand might come from the ceiling...o.o

Well, with the amount of new Harvest Moon Wii games coming out already, I'd doubt it's another one. I'm hoping for a Zelda. It's been too long since I've played one.

Maybe Link decides to settle down with Malon and start a farm or something, where they raise cows and pigs and chickens and farm carrots and onions and other veggies.

:mellow:

...You know, I'd probably actually play it if that ever happened. >__>

zelda games have potential to be dark. I agree that Ocarina is not the darkest, though i would also add Ganondorf's castle alongside Hyrule court.

i never understood in Ocarina, why everyone else acts fine....or why the skeleton creatures stopped popping out at night in the future....i always thought that would have been more fitting for when Ganondorf took command than when the country was more peaceful. And everyone acts pretty much the same, except for the Gorons, who become an endangered species.

And i agree about Twilight. i never understood why everyone acts the same when the castle was raided. Then again, If Zant was as powerful as the game claims, i am sure he can shape change, or cast some kind of mirage or charm over the populace.

I kind of wish Zelda games would achieve the depth that accompanies their stories. I am holding out for this one.

And just to make the statement, the games do not need blood to be mature. i am sick of people saying that Zelda needs to grow up and get blood, but talk about about how amazing final fantasy is (the series has its games), but last i checked, Tactics for the ps1 has the most blood of any final fantasy games...just saying.

Oh, and to be honest, i wouldn't pay too much attention to anything that gets released about the new zelda games now. I remember back in 2005, even 2006, footage of Twilight being released, and then most of that was never in the game. I think only the big horse-back battle was in the game.