Bad News for USA :(

"Characters: Many groups play a part in a story but undoubtedly the story's protagonist, Prince Marth, will be the focus for most. Marth has been featured in the Super Smash Bros. series and has been extremely popular within those games, but this is his first time starring in a Fire Emblem game in the United States. At Marth's side is a support of fearless fighters, including the brave Caeda, a princess of the Talys kingdom. Other major characters include the evil sorcerer Gharnef and the sole surviving descendant of the royal House Archanea, Princess Nyna. "

Wtf? Why not Shiida? I hate NOA...

Are they even keeping this? I seriously doubt it. It was probably just an inital translation error. Brawl and the EU version have Shiida, so I really doubt they aren't going to use it.

Are they even keeping this? I seriously doubt it. It was probably just an inital translation error. Brawl and the EU version have Shiida, so I really doubt they aren't going to use it.

I wouls have thought not, for the same reasons, but I just checked the NOA site for it, and saw it. I know it doesn't affect gameplay, but it's still annoying.

I wouls have thought not, for the same reasons, but I just checked the NOA site for it, and saw it. I know it doesn't affect gameplay, but it's still annoying.

Did you see a screenshot with the character called that? If the answer is no then NOA might have forgotten to update the blurb they wrote months ago.

Remeber, Europe got the same Caeda blurb...

Guys, I think now it is a good time to bitch about something that doesn't even effect the gameplay at all.

^I assume this was sarcasm, and in that case, I agree.

I wouldn't care if they had changed her name to Veronica or Emily or something. To quote Shakespeare, "What's in a name?" In this game, effectively nothing.

By the way, guys, a note on that NP article (Feb. 2009) can be really confusing. It's this one, namely.

The fifth title... was broadcast over the Super Famicom Satellaview network..

Now, I assume the first thought most FE fans have is "that's wrong. Thracia was on the Nintendo Power." - however, that's the trick here. The fifth game was not Thracia, it was BS Fire Emblem. (Thracia being handed the "5" title by tradition thus throws a monkey wrench into everything.)

And for comparison's sake, release date info I got, for the BS Fire Emblem:

1997/09/28

1997/10/04 BSファイアーエムブレム アカネイア戦記編

第1話 パレス陥落

1997/10/05

1997/10/11 BSファイアーエムブレム アカネイア戦記編

第2話 赤い竜騎士

1997/10/12

1997/10/18 BSファイアーエムブレム アカネイア戦記編

第3話 正義の盗賊団

1997/10/19

1997/10/25 BSファイアーエムブレム アカネイア戦記編

第4話 始まりのとき

And Thracia's release date is seen as 9-01-1999. So Nintendo Power is technically correct, but the lack of details makes things seem pretty poor.