America has a new president

General Spoon

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I missed it. What did he do?

when he was making his oath, he got overexcited and got ahead of himself, which caused him to completely mess up on what he was supposed to say

when he was making his oath, he got overexcited and got ahead of himself, which caused him to completely mess up on what he was supposed to say

Yes which is not a very good start. Though I wouldn't let this determine how successful he will be as Americas new President.

I literally facepalmed...

Well everyone makes mistakes. He will learn from it I suppose and he will ensure that it will not happen again.

Or I may be wrong. I guess we will have to wait and find out.

I didn't get to see it because my English teacher is mean like that, but it's a great historical moment.

i'm pretty sure we'll be forced to watch the moment for the next few days, if you don't mind it not being live or something...

Because he's fine when it comes to reading off a teleprompter.

If it has to be memorized or it's read to him, then dear lord is he gonna screw up.

It's common for all speeches to be read from a teleprompter or something of the sort.

Stop being butthurt because McCain didn't win.

Well, if I'm not mistaken, it was the judge reading it to him that screwed it up first. But yeah, didn't look too nice as a first impression for people who didn't realize that. XD

I still loved his speech, though. Not to mention that composition they played right before it. "Air and Simple Gifts" I think it was called. Then again, I'm probably the only person I know who paid more attention to the music than the actual ceremony.

Also, kinda ironic that I had to watch this all in class and I live in Canada. Don't recall us ever having this much attention for our own politics. Which is kind of sad. XD

Hmm, I missed the oath part. But I found his speech to be very powerful, I have high hopes for President Obama.

Yes his speech is very powerful but I still have doubts whether he would be able to carry out his duties as a President. The public have very high expectations. A little too high