America has a new president

General Spoon

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Despite me voting for Obama and me all giddily and seeing a black man in office, I was making a few wisecracks in my head when he was fuckin' up the speech like "Yeah, we voted for the wrong guy" and "Liberals always gotta fuck things up!"

I shall support Obama as long he doesn't do anything stupid like keep the soldiers in Iraq, drive the ecomany further into hell, or fuck up with taxes. I am a bit fearful that this guy might be just all talk and hype and wind up just being another politician.

And he fucked the oath up.

Great start.

If you pay attention

When the guy recited the oath he swamped the order of the words so Obama who memorized it recited it the right way, just the guy read it to him wrong

Anyways I love this country I think it's the best place in the world and I love it, so I'm happy that we have gotten past our dark past and moved on to electing different colored people, as ignorant ad it sounds it's true. I can't wait to see all the great things my president will do for my country

Edited by Doom_Dragon_103

It's hard to do poorly when following an act like George Dubulya.

It's hard to do well when leading into one of the most difficult crises in U.S history.

From what I saw on CNN, it's considered that the person reading Obama the oath was the one who goofed up - he slipped up some words. You could tell Obama knew it better than he did.

Poor guy. :(

Yeah, it was the judge who messed up, his speech was good though. That Franklin lady or whatever (wasn't rally paying much attention in the beginning) butchered/fucked up the anthem imo. I am sure Obama will do a good job. Even though I am conserative

I'm not a huge fan of Obama (in fact, I'm quite the opposite), but I am hoping he will do a good job with the U.S. And the little mess up was funny, but he had to recite two or three lines from memory. I probably couldn't do that, so I won't hold it against him. By the way, did he memorize his speech? I highly doubt it, but that would be quite a feat if he did.

And I found the poems afterward hilarious. "Or not" and "Yella will be mella" were particularly funny parts. I'm not a poetry expert, but I was almost rolling over laughing after hearing the first one.

The oath screw-up... not that bad in perspective.

But the poetry... erm...

Let's put it this way: I watched the speech and the poem following it during creative writing class. Following the reading of the first poem, my teacher turned the TV off. "Now class, what did you think of that poem?"

Everyone: GROAN

The poem itself was so-so. The reading... augh.

And he fucked the oath up.

Great start.

John Edwards Roberts did too, to my understanding.

And as for me, I missed the inauguration because of friggin' food poisoning... :(

Edited by Edgard Varése

Obama's a great speaker, I'll give him that, and even though I wanted McCain winning, I'm willing to bet Obama will be a decent president, as long as he handles the war right that is.

I...wasn't too impressed with the lady after him though...seriously, her speech sounded more like she was reading a poem rather than actually trying to tell us something. And the guy after her...man, I could barely understand the guy, let alone actually find what he was trying to tell us (though it sounded like he was reciting something that should be recited at every inauguration).

Two questions, was that woman actually reading a poem, and what exactly was that man trying to tell us (I could hardly understand him)?

I had to write a page essay about literary terms and historical references Obama used in his speech.

:<

I'd actually gladly do an assignment like that. It woul be interesting so that you can see why Obama is suck a kickass speaker.

I asked this on the last page, but I'm afraid people won't notice it so...

Obama's a great speaker, I'll give him that, and even though I wanted McCain winning, I'm willing to bet Obama will be a decent president, as long as he handles the war right that is.

I...wasn't too impressed with the lady after him though...seriously, her speech sounded more like she was reading a poem rather than actually trying to tell us something. And the guy after her...man, I could barely understand the guy, let alone actually find what he was trying to tell us (though it sounded like he was reciting something that should be recited at every inauguration).

Two questions, was that woman actually reading a poem, and what exactly was that man trying to tell us (I could hardly understand him)?

I missed it. What did he do?

It was amazing. After he swore in, 25 KKK members tried to grab him, but he used an instant transmission to teleport behind the crackers and used the Obamehameha to blast them to hell. Then Abe Lincoln statue at the Lincoln memorial came to life and took Obama in the palm of his and said, "You have proven yourself worthy," and granted him everlasting time in office. It was awesome!

I'd actually gladly do an assignment like that. It woul be interesting so that you can see why Obama is suck a kickass speaker.

Actually, most of his speech was sort of a collaboration of many other famous ones in the past with added history and modern day usage. There were some good parts that he made, though, like that "people judge a nation of what they can build, not what they can destroy" or something to that effect.

Besides that, I'm pretty indifferent at the moment. He's bringing our hopes up, inauguration speech or not, he'll have to deliver now.