Pikmin Thread

Idle blue pikmin act as lifegaurds. If a pikmin falls in the water and starts drowning, a nearby idle blue pikmin will pick it up and throw it to dry land.

blue pikmin are heroes...

Bianchi, why didn't you have any idle blue pikmin?

Idle blue pikmin act as lifegaurds. If a pikmin falls in the water and starts drowning, a nearby idle blue pikmin will pick it up and throw it to dry land.

unfortunately, i didn't have blue pikmins at the time, so the pikmin just died.

and i laughed.

and then i remembered Ai no Uta song, and i felt evile.

so i laughed some more

I didn't like the first Pikmin that much because beat-the-clock gameplay is aggrivating. The second one, on the other hand, is one of my favorite games. I'll be looking forward to the third one for Wii.

I once killed 46 Pikmin because I accidentally left them all in the Forest of Hope at sundown.

Granted, that was the first time I played the game and I had no idea what I had to do. Poor Pikmin ;-;

I once killed 46 Pikmin because I accidentally left them all in the Forest of Hope at sundown.

Granted, that was the first time I played the game and I had no idea what I had to do. Poor Pikmin ;-;

I've lost seventy six in the course of one day, but their lives all went toward the Greater Cause. They were replaced and not missed.

If they were white or purple Pikmin though, then I would have been pissed.

First time playing through Pikmin 2, I tried to break down those electric fences using non-yellows. I lost a good few hundred pikmin that way. In one day. Mind you, I didn't even have yellows yet...

You think drowning 90-something pikmin is bad? Try at least two full squads worth vs an electric fence. Pure genocide.

Edited by Mist

First time playing through Pikmin 2, I tried to break down those electric fences using non-yellows. I lost a good few hundred pikmin that way. In one day. Mind you, I didn't even have yellows yet...

You think drowning 90-something pikmin is bad? Try at least two full squads worth vs an electric fence. Pure genocide.

it was day two, and i had only managed to get 90 pikmin up to that moment.

lol! me and you, we're incredibly evile!!!!!!!! I think you're awesome!

did you laugh when you did it, like me?

I didn't like the first Pikmin that much because beat-the-clock gameplay is aggrivating. The second one, on the other hand, is one of my favorite games. I'll be looking forward to the third one for Wii.

I've heared the port of Pikmin fixes the clock issue somewhat with the game saving each day seperately so if you think a couple of days after things are not going well you can just go back (of course progress from the future won't be kept but it should help a bit)*. Sadly Nintendo broke the price issue massivsely:

$30/€30/£30

Two of those prices are steep considering the game is about 7 years old (16:9 doesn't hide that but helps it wear better) and the bolded one is completely and utterly insane I know the £ is worth jack all but if you're going to play £=€ go for broke and charge us £50 for Wii games and £40 for DS games...don't stealth rise stuff (we've seen first party Wii games creep from £35 to £40)

*-Weird thing is when we first heared about the port that was my initial reaction was "They'll put a time machine into Pikmin so you can't fail". I was close but no cigar.

Hole of Hero's + Massive habit of trying to preserve every Pikmin possible (Having to bring 20 of each color makes it vital because this underground cave has every fucking threat) = I stopped playing. :{