Todays top twenty posters

luigi bros

On todays top 20 posters of the day page it said I had 102 posts for the day, then I posted somewhere else and it said I had 101 posts. Then I posted twice and it said I had 99 posts. Is that a mistake a mistake because it looks like the post count is going backwards.

How did you get 755 posts in a span of a month? lol

It's also possible that some posts were actually deleted <_<

Edited by Nathan Graves

How did you get 755 posts in a span of a month? lol

It's also possible that some posts were actually deleted <_<

That's possible because of reason 2.

I got those posts for two reasons.

1.I'm an active poster

2.My computer randomly double posts.

That's possible because of reason 2.

I got those posts for two reasons.

1.I'm an active poster

2.My computer randomly double posts.

I consider myself an active poster, and the only times I've gotten over 100 posts would be when SE was first announced and when I was discussing Ross vs. Garcia with Tino. Just saying.

Anyway, is it possible that one or more of your posts may have passed the 24 hour mark and thus were no longer counted?

I consider myself an active poster, and the only times I've gotten over 100 posts would be when SE was first announced and when I was discussing Ross vs. Garcia with Tino. Just saying.

By active poster I meant some users have 0 posts; I don't. That's what I meant.

Edit:It's gong up and down but now it says I have 98 posts for the day.

Edited by luigi bros

That's because 24 hours have passed. That's when it starts decreasing.

Let's say you post 24 times in 24 hours, 1 post per hour. You have 24 posts in the past 24 hours (which is what the Posts per Day lists, if I recall correctly). You leave for three hours and then return, seeing you have 21 posts in the last 24 hours.

I hope that explains something (and I hope I didn't mix this feature up with something entirely different).

And on a sidenote, I also have gotten over 100 posts when I returned and when there was this huge Titania/Rolf debate (and I remember some Ross/Garcia stuff as well). I even had my posting rights removed due to "excessive spamming, making well over 100 posts in 24 hours."

Lolz @ not doing research before warning, Arc :P

What Tino said is true. It goes on the previous 24 hours. It doesn't reset every 24 hours, like some people may think.

Post something right now, and the count will be gone in over 24 hours. Same goes for anything you posted just over 24 hours ago.

(and I remember some Ross/Garcia stuff as well). I even had my posting rights removed due to "excessive spamming, making well over 100 posts in 24 hours."

Oh yeah, I remember that. He revoked it in an hour flat, but it was a bit funny.

And on a sidenote, I also have gotten over 100 posts when I returned and when there was this huge Titania/Rolf debate (and I remember some Ross/Garcia stuff as well).

How many posts did you get for that day?

Most of the time when you double post, it's because you hit submit once and you may think that it's not going through, so you hit it again so it puts in two at the same time :/

Oh yeah, I remember that. He revoked it in an hour flat, but it was a bit funny.

It definitely was ^_^

How many posts did you get for that day?

I don't know. But to be honest, I also don't really care how much I post per day :/

Most of the time when you double post, it's because you hit submit once and you may think that it's not going through, so you hit it again so it puts in two at the same time :/

I Blame the lag