Has Anyone Ever Promoted Ardan?

thanibomb

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It isn't stupid, it just isn't the sort of thing that works out when trying to look at things objectively. If it floats your boat, fine, more power to you. Just don't expect everyone to agree.

Actually, I was kind of wondering what you'd say about that, considering I myself gave the best rings to him. I thought that if you were too quick to respond, you might've made a sarcastic comment or somethin. Then I would've been quick to point out that I only used three rings, not all of them :P

Edited by FionordeQuester

Even with the Odo and Sety scrolls, Marty is only looking at ~8 skill and ~9 speed before promotion. That's assuming you give them to him at level 1 and keep them on him at all times which seems a bit unrealistic. Even then, there are characters who are doing better without scrolls.

I'll admit, Marty can be a pretty impressive character. I scroll abused him the last time I played. It was pretty fun too, because his HP and defense were so high that I could send him into almost any situation without having to worry about him. Marty just isn't worth it when trying to play efficiently.

It's not unlike giving Arden all of your rings to make him a good character.

Amen.

Marty is only bottom tier because even with scroll abuse, you never know how good he can be. But from those Bottom guys, if you are lucky, he's the best.

Fine.

but with 40 and 45 growth he is getting a little more then 8.

speed at 9 and skill at 8-

promotion

speed at 15 and skill at 13. that is pretty decent.

• 1 month later...

I tried a solo with him. Hey, at least that 90+ kill Hero Lance killed Eltshan and had like 18 speed. I'm going through an all footsoldier playthrough right now. He'll be promoted by the time I get through the arena in Ch. 3. I was fun using him with a Bow, Lance, Axe, and Sword.

• 3 months later...
He is "good" as in that his Def will kick ass (enemies sometimes refuse to attack him, and he has Great Shield), and he will be able to weild four weapons, with A in swords/lances and B in axes/bows. He's like one of the three people who can use the Hero Axe, so if you don't mind crippling Lex a bit he can use that, and also the Hero Lance, since Fury has enough other stuff to rape with, such as Silver Lance, and Fin/Cuan should be gone by Ch4 so no one else can use that. And he can use Hero/Steel/Killer Bow against all the Pegasi and Wyverns you're going to encounter.

But obviously he'll need the Leg Ring to keep up always, he will still fail against Mages, his accuracy will be shaky at best and without the Pursuit Ring he will never one round anything but weak things when using Hero weapons.

You can't say he 100% fails but he sure as hell makes it to 98%.

Fixed. Sorry about the really late edit. Maybe someone already did, damn.

At any rate, yeah, Ardan is pretty terrible. Now, if it was like some of the later games, where you could TEACH him skills... well, actually, I would use it up on people who just become gods, not decent after it.

Edited by SupremeRulerOfJugdral

IT'S HARD TO LEVEL UP PEOPLE LIKE AIDEEN AND LACHESIS WHEN YOU HAVE A MOUNTED STRIKE FORCE

D:

BUT NOISH AND ALEC ARE MEH. AND SO IS BEOWULF. FIN DOESN'T EXIST IN CHAPTER 4 AND FURY ISN'T PERFECT EITHER. SO YOU MUST MEAN SIGURD ONLY.

So uh, Lex stopped existing?

Regardless, there's absolutely no excuse for healers not to gain EXP every turn. If they can't keep up at all, they can healspam on people suiciding in the arena. I'm sure you have some loser around to do that with (Ardan anyone?).

Lachesis takes the Relive staff for 20EXP per use. And Sylvia. And the arena.

Edin has Warp Staff. Ethlin has Return Staff, and her arena.

There's your levels D: Toss in the Libro Staff later on. If Edin has Azel as a lover, she gets the Return Staff if memory serves, so there's even more experience. Since it's likely there's going to be a slew of characters that have the same movement as her, save the Leg Ring, she can rescue units without really keeping them from moving as far as possible. There's also the Elite Ring.

So you can make sure they promote, or make sure they promote ._.

Edited by Celice

Yes. Well, I would assume the correction would be interpreted regardless, my having mentioned the Return Staff with Ethlin earlier on and that I mentioned you could rescue with it :/

Edited by Celice