Should we make backstories for the characters?

Yes, but why have the failure lead? I think that Navarre could do a better job of leading then Ricardo.

Remember, Ricardo got locked up because he tried to raid a castle...hey wait. Which castle was he locked up in, and what castle were we talking about him, Navarre, Kashim and some others raiding?

I think it was Orleans where he was locked up. Not sure.

Of course, that's not the last time he gets locked up. :\

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah. I wouldn't want this guy leading me. We'd probably get locked up.

Yet the funny thing is, he could let himself out. Thieves need no keys.

Rickard's just lazy methinks. Or he wants to see BIG BRO JULIAN <3.

Now for Darros.

Darros is not his real name, but rather a false name given to him by the pirates he joined by request. You see, his real name is John, and he's a father of three. Yeah it's a normal name compared to everyone else here, but he' himself is pretty normal anyways. Just a man who got under bad circumstances. Lived in Macedonia in the boondocks, grew up with a normal life, married the girl he grew up with, had children...pretty normal life. But war has a funny thing of just popping out of nowhere in medieval times. A skirmish there had gone by, blazing down any crops the place had. Being a farmer himself, this was possibly the worst thing that could happen to him and his family. They had no food. He had to get money to buy some somehow, since his town had been basically under steady observation by the Macedonian royal family. They basically started emptying the place out and having the citizens move back to the capitol. But few could make the trip, John's family not being one. A new town was made to accomodate for these people, which was basically a hellhole by the coast as it was a locked down town. All food had to be shipped in. John had to start doing work by being a hired hand. He was to be hired if anything needed to be done. Kept him with steady work, got him money and got him and his family food.

Funny thing about being on the coast is that it's easy for pirates like the Gauarda Pirates to come in and raid. During their raid, they took down what little troops there were, as the troops starting easing their guard. John managed to safely get his family to flee, in exchange he would stay to fend them off while they ran...at least that's what he said...You see, he felt he no longer had any choice. Where would they run? John couldn't have them following him where he was going...pirates don't tend to have the best treatment of women and children in mind...

He begged mercy and to join them. They gladly allowed him, as he seemed not to be a threat. What was he gonna do, tell on 'em? Thus he was given the name Darros. He had to join raids, months at sea, barely able to survive. Things he never dreamed of doing...He had to keep whatever he did at minimum. Even then, he couldn't live with himself with this way of life. Was around this time the Guarda Pirates started to get back to their staying grounds at Talys...

and Beck

Beck...is not exactly right in the head. Used to be an Akanian blacksmith and tinkerer. He was always...well...he didn't seem right. He was always fidgeting, always messing around with something and never really talked to anybody. He seemed paranoid, like he believed something bad would happen. He was once noted by being frightened off by the very sight of Prince Hardin...

He had fled to the woods, but he had left designs for a weapon never seen before. The ballistae. Was relatively new at the time, but others had built it and perfected it. Others had later designed it's ammunition without him as little was heard or known of him. Mad inventor, worshipper of the dark dragon, even a wolfman, many stories were made of him, and none ventured into the woods where it was said he resided. The truth was he had found an old rundown shack to reside where he hunted and further developed his new invention. With the wood around him, he constructed his own, the whole time believing that an unholy army would come to take him and the town, among various other paranoias of people in general. He had even discovered a new projectile for it, The Thunderbolt. The people however, assumed him dead...No one knows how or why he got the way he was, so it's assumed he was born with it...Odd where you can find genius sometimes.

Also, who's against death quotes for the generic lines most units have?

Wolf: Urgh! ...Blood?..I...It can't be mine!...Heroes don't..die like this...

Sedgar: Grk! Rrgh...All this...w..work...for nothing...S-Someone...please...t...take care of Thomas...

Roshea: Gah! Aghh...I ...I can go on!...I..I'm..good for...

Vyland: My sinful lineage...The earth, cleanse my dirty blood...l..long live...Akania! Long live...the prince!...

Next I'll go more in-depth with Ogma's group. In the mean time, can someone give me all info on Jeorge, Astram and Midia? Would be much obliged.

Edited by Grandjackal

Jeorge apparently helped Gordin and I think Ryan not suck at archery as badly sometime in between Book 1 and Book 2. Jeorge and Astoria are also brothers. That's all I know.

Jeorge apparently helped Gordin and I think Ryan not suck at archery as badly sometime in between Book 1 and Book 2. Jeorge and Astoria are also brothers. That's all I know.

Man, that's it? Well...it's something at least. Didn't know Jeorge and Astram were brothers. I always thought they were close friends.

lol @ Beck. I can just imagine him being a mad scientist... he even has the looks of the TMNT 1980s Cartoon's Baxter Stockman!

"Marth! We must go back!"

"Back where?"

"Back... TO THE FUTURE!"

It doesn't look like I can find any more on Midia, so I guess I'll summarize what we do know

- She and Astoria are lovers, presumed to have been for a long, long time. (Astoria's recruiting)

- She and Nyna are unusually close, especially for a soldier-princess bond. This may be in part why

She's the only Archanean soldier who directly questioned Hardin in book 2.

(BS FE translation)

- Her methods of combat are more like guerrilla warfare than standard knight chivalry, and she has the mouth to go along with it. This gives her a personality that naturally clashes with Camus, who is on the opposing side, believes strictly in the Geneva Conventions (lolololol but you get my idea) and ALSO has quite the mouth. (BS FE translation)

- In spite of her "rebellious noble" personality style, she is one of the most loyal Archaneans.

- Also notable is that she's one of the few female Paladin classes. Tomboyish, likely.

Anyway, I started up translating Story three of BSFE. It feels like Rickard, Navarre, Castor and Lena are oozing with personality in it. And yes, Rickard is TOTALLY gay, Castor's TOTALLY a sleazeball, and the stern, serious Navarre having to deal with these two is incredibly hilarious.

lol @ Beck. I can just imagine him being a mad scientist... he even has the looks of the TMNT 1980s Cartoon's Baxter Stockman!

"Marth! We must go back!"

"Back where?"

"Back... TO THE FUTURE!"

It doesn't look like I can find any more on Midia, so I guess I'll summarize what we do know

- She and Astoria are lovers, presumed to have been for a long, long time. (Astoria's recruiting)

- She and Nyna are unusually close, especially for a soldier-princess bond. This may be in part why

She's the only Archanean soldier who directly questioned Hardin in book 2.

(BS FE translation)

- Her methods of combat are more like guerrilla warfare than standard knight chivalry, and she has the mouth to go along with it. This gives her a personality that naturally clashes with Camus, who is on the opposing side, believes strictly in the Geneva Conventions (lolololol but you get my idea) and ALSO has quite the mouth. (BS FE translation)

- In spite of her "rebellious noble" personality style, she is one of the most loyal Archaneans.

- Also notable is that she's one of the few female Paladin classes. Tomboyish, likely.

Anyway, I started up translating Story three of BSFE. It feels like Rickard, Navarre, Castor and Lena are oozing with personality in it. And yes, Rickard is TOTALLY gay, Castor's TOTALLY a sleazeball, and the stern, serious Navarre having to deal with these two is incredibly hilarious.

Lol, Beck slowly wheeling a huge wooden hack job ballistae to the Back to the Future theme.

Tomboyish? From what I read of her translation, it's more tough as nails hardass than just tomboy. Katua's more tomboyish I'd imagine. Midia might have battle scars, but I'm pretty sure Katua's been in a barfight before XD

Hmm...I'll think up something for Rickard's group after Ogma's group.

Speaking of Draug, He is an Armorer from Talys who's armor is known as being so effective that those that wear it will be as hard to kill as the walking dead HA! and people wonder how the name fits... . This would explain why he's an armor knight, but not exactly a professional one. He makes the armor, not wear it. He's militia.

I'm not very knowledgeable of much before FE6, but I have to challenge this, based on the prologue chapters of FE11.

In the FE11 prologues, Draug's first appearance is at the end of Prologue 4 while everyone is still in Altea. He states that Malledus had ordered him to prepare a ship for departure so they could "slip away discreetly by sea", meaning he has a direct affiliation with Altea. He also refers to Gra as the enemy, and Marth as "sire". Also, in the event that Norne joins, Draug says that "she caught wind of our struggle", which I believe implies that he is directly tied into the events at Altea, and further implies his affiliation with Altea's military, and that Norne is from Altea as well.

Think of it what you will, but I felt that it should be brought up.

Edited by The Blind Archer

I'm not very knowledgeable of much before FE6, but I have to challenge this, based on the prologue chapters of FE11.

In the FE11 prologues, Draug's first appearance is at the end of Prologue 4 while everyone is still in Altea. He states that Malledus had ordered him to prepare a ship for departure so they could "slip away discreetly by sea", meaning he has a direct affiliation with Altea. He also refers to Gra as the enemy, and Marth as "sire". Also, in the event that Norne joins, Draug says that "she caught wind of our struggle", which I believe implies that he is directly tied into the events at Altea, and further implies his affiliation with Altea's military, and that Norne is from Altea as well.

Think of it what you will, but I felt that it should be brought up.

This doesn't change anything. Malledus could have sent a carrier pidgeon (lol) or something. Remember, between prologue III and prologue IV, Marth and his knights were hiding, waiting for the right time to make a run for it. They could have only been hiding for a few days, or a few weeks.

Doga would likely still call Marth sire, since Marth is a prince and all. And Norne could easily catch wind of what her business partner is doing. And he'd call it his struggle too. What is he going to do, tell Marth that its his struggle? Lol no.

Meh. It doesn't say anything about him currently being a knight. He could've quit after he learned what he felt he needed to learn to open his weapon shop/forge thingy.

He should have. It would have lessened the fail in Book 2.

And would've been nice to recruit Barst instead.

What is he going to do, tell Marth that its his struggle? Lol no.

Our struggle indicates he's a part of it. If he wasn't directly tied to it, he would've said your struggle. He could've had nothing to do with it, but still been informed of it, so yes, he would tell Marth that it's his struggle, because he wouldn't be involved in it beyond being the getaway guy.

The fact that he says "our" indicates his direct involvement, imo.

If that isn't a clear cut explanation of how I'm reading it, look at this:

"What does your new house look like?"

vs.

"What does our new house look like?"

Our struggle indicates he's a part of it. If he wasn't directly tied to it, he would've said your struggle. He could've had nothing to do with it, but still been informed of it, so yes, he would tell Marth that it's his struggle, because he wouldn't be involved in it beyond being the getaway guy.

vs.

He simply decided it was part of his business now. Left his business for the time being and left the militia to become a knight. Knights can have their own business too ya know. Hell, most knights were farmers realistically, many were just plain thieves.

Or he IS a knight who has an armory business for when he's not being called to duty. Either way it's a minor change at best.

As for Nagi, well...It's a funny story...

Now for Ogma's group.

As we know, Ogma had been captured by the enemy and forced to be a gladiator for their entertainment. How did he escape however? Well...How did he become friends with Barst?

You see, they had met rather quickly after his imprisonment. You see, Barst was an actual gladiator (explains his future choices in life...no money, how else was he supposed to make any?). Barst was no prisoner however. He and his brothers were from Talys, but what money was to be made as a soldier of Talys? It's a backwater kingdom. He'd get paid bollocks no matter what. Barst is a more ambitious person, while his two brothers had no problem just being woodcutters in said backwater kingdom. He wasn't gonna be stuck as a hick living a hick life...

He became a gladiator at an area that had been captured by Dolhr. This was early in the war mind you, Marth's rebellion had not yet started. Not for a while at least. Was around the time Ogma got imprisoned. He got Barst's attention immediately. Barst wasn't stupid, he knew damn well being a gladiator would be a dangerous job. He needed all the help he could get. Ogma looked like the toughest dude around, so he ended up befriending the unfortunate bodyguard. For their time as gladiators, they made sure to survive their time, even made money on the side (well..Barst did, but he got paid so well for his talents that he could share what he had with the prisoner and still be well off).

A thing Barst never understood however, was chivalry. Ogma had demonstrated it as a gladiator and the behavior stunned Barst. This man would knowingly receive punishment for disobeying an order to kill a weak opponent because he believed that a weak foe should not die if he had the chance to live, so they can become something better, to do better with themselves. Barst had never seen such behavior before. He then learned of Ogma's predicament...

Barst decided Ogma did not deserve this life when he had it so good before. Thus the idea hatched in his head to break his new friend out...

Cord was the only one of the three brothers to have gotten any schooling. He was lucky, their parents only had enough money to give him any real chance at a future. Cord had done well and shown himself to be a dilligent student, and had tried to teach his brothers to read and write. Barst went well with it, but...Bord couldn't grasp it well. They came from a family of woodcutters, it could be considered lucky two of the three managed to learn how, considering how backwater and poor they were. Cord had to stop with Bord with his frustrations and temper. Bord was a wood cutter and that's all he cared about. If it kept him alive, he was perfectly fine with it and he didn't want anyone pushing more onto him when he didn't need it. Cord pushed himself further however. Managed to even learn about magic and how it works. He was lucky too, he didn't do well as a wood cutter.

Back to the present, Barst had sent a letter to his brothers his request to help Ogma out. He couldn't think of how though...Cord was a smart guy however. He thought an easy one and very effective. Ship wood to the arena they were at! He wrote back, saying they should be prepared where they ship food and armor into the arena. The guards were confused until Cord explained that the arena would make more money if they were to make their own bows and arrows, could even sell whatever's left to Dolhr from surplus. The guards let them pass, but little did they know that weapons were hidden in the shipment. Getting their axes from the wood, Ogma having to make due with a chipped sharp shard of wood during their escape (you see, in history there are many stories of badassery that is beyond measure. Ogma is one of those moments in this world's history), they easily took down the guards. Ogma and Barst were battle-hardened, Bord was just a big strong dude and Cord was just quick enough despite not being exactly strong. They managed to escape easily.

Once escaped, Ogma was determined to help save the kingdom of Talys he had once served. The two other brothers wanted nothing of it, but Barst didn't decide to break this man out for no reason. Ogma helped him in the arena, Barst was repaying the favor. Cord thought they were nuts, but Bord was won over. It was the first time he had seen Barst act as if he had meaning. If it was to help his brother feel meaning, Bord would gladly help. He barely knew this Ogma, but Bord would help for his brother's sake. Cord wasn't too willing, but he decides to help for his brothers' sakes and couldn't do wood cutting well enough to keep himself fed . This rebel group would become known as The Brotherhood.

The rest...is history.

Edited by Grandjackal

vs.

How's this sound?

"Hey Marth, its your stuggle, and she caught wind of it."

Doesn't this sound even a little rude to you?

Beck...is not exactly right in the head. Used to be an Akanian blacksmith and tinkerer. He was always...well...he didn't seem right. He was always fidgeting, always messing around with something and never really talked to anybody. He seemed paranoid, like he believed something bad would happen. He was once noted by being frightened off by the very sight of Prince Hardin...

He had fled to the woods, but he had left designs for a weapon never seen before. The ballistae. Was relatively new at the time, but others had built it and perfected it. Others had later designed it's ammunition without him as little was heard or known of him. Mad inventor, worshipper of the dark dragon, even a wolfman, many stories were made of him, and none ventured into the woods where it was said he resided. The truth was he had found an old rundown shack to reside where he hunted and further developed his new invention. With the wood around him, he constructed his own, the whole time believing that an unholy army would come to take him and the town, among various other paranoias of people in general. He had even discovered a new projectile for it, The Thunderbolt. The people however, assumed him dead...No one knows how or why he got the way he was, so it's assumed he was born with it...Odd where you can find genius sometimes.

Didn't Beck say that he was a retired Ballistician for some army to Marth?

Didn't Beck say that he was a retired Ballistician for some army to Marth?

Just read it actually. Well with this, he IS in a way...but can we really rely on a crazy persson to mean exactly what he says?

Sure, he looks a bit off, but he sound a bit more like a hick, imo, in his conversation.

Not really a crazy guy.

So being a hick automatically makes him not crazy?

What bizzaro world do you live in? XD lol