Should we make backstories for the characters?

Well, let's see what we can do with Athena...

Athena is a mother of three: During the time she was home with them, she was stressed and rather shy, she rarely spoke to anybody outside her own house. Despite this she was very intimate and caring with her kids. This explains why she feels so compelled to help the children in 6x.

The kids's father wasn't exactly the same. Remember Michael Douglas in Falling Down? Like that. Except even worse. One night he felt compelled to beat Athena within an inch of her life: No drugs or booze required. She stabbed him with a kitchen knife and promptly ran the hell away.

Now, what was she going to do? Her husband was a lawyer, and a damn good one: He was sure to have some buddies willing to prosecute her for murder. Now, she could stay in town, get arrested, and get shipped off to jail where Bubba, Willie, and Jimbo were sure to be awaiting her for the rest of her life, and they'd be NICE compared to her husband. She had to skip town and find some way to make income for herself: How?

....And that was how Athena became a pirate. Pirate Athena, much unlike normal Athena, is, simply put, a sadist. She has even bound live captives and tossed them into the drink.

After some time at sea, things started backfiring on her. A tidal wave smashed the ship, Athena with it. She struggled to stay afloat, but passed out before long. She woke up in a village with amnesia.

Doing this, in one way or another, possibly in turn to the kindness of the villagers, allowed the normal and pirate Athena personas to "Merge". Athena still doesn't feel overly comfortable around people, but she's fine with short conversations that only cover the necessary bits. Although she's lost her sadistic side, she can be known to have a bit of a temper, but in battle she fights with so much hatred, you'd think she might be a bandit. She's defended that as "her own fighting style" but it still disturbs some members of the army every time they watch her kill somebody.

Anyway, Normal Athena and Pirate Athena have merged into one person: This is why she think's she's more than one person [Not sure what you call this disorder, what do I look like, a shrink?]

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, let's see what we can do with Athena...

Athena is a mother of three: During the time she was home with them, she was stressed and rather shy, she rarely spoke to anybody outside her own house. Despite this she was very intimate and caring with her kids. This explains why she feels so compelled to help the children in 6x.

The kids's father wasn't exactly the same. Remember Michael Douglas in Falling Down? Like that. Except even worse. One night he felt compelled to beat Athena within an inch of her life: No drugs or booze required. She stabbed him with a kitchen knife and promptly ran the hell away.

Now, what was she going to do? Her husband was a lawyer, and a damn good one: He was sure to have some buddies willing to prosecute her for murder. Now, she could stay in town, get arrested, and get shipped off to jail where Bubba, Willie, and Jimbo were sure to be awaiting her for the rest of her life, and they'd be NICE compared to her husband. She had to skip town and find some way to make income for herself: How?

....And that was how Athena became a pirate. Pirate Athena, much unlike normal Athena, is, simply put, a sadist. She has even bound live captives and tossed them into the drink.

After some time at sea, things started backfiring on her. A tidal wave smashed the ship, Athena with it. She struggled to stay afloat, but passed out before long. She woke up in a village with amnesia.

Doing this, in one way or another, possibly in turn to the kindness of the villagers, allowed the normal and pirate Athena personas to "Merge". Athena still doesn't feel overly comfortable around people, but she's fine with short conversations that only cover the necessary bits. Although she's lost her sadistic side, she can be known to have a bit of a temper, but in battle she fights with so much hatred, you'd think she might be a bandit. She's defended that as "her own fighting style" but it still disturbs some members of the army every time they watch her kill somebody.

Anyway, Normal Athena and Pirate Athena have merged into one person: This is why she think's she's more than one person [Not sure what you call this disorder, what do I look like, a shrink?]

Lol, lawyers in medieval times.

To be honest, The first part is iffy. There's just...something that doesn't work.

I would comment more, but I haven't played the gaidens so I wouldn't know exactly what she's like. I have to observe it first. To me, it just doesn't seem to work. It feels...soap opera-y...

Though how she wound up with Multiple Personality Disorder is a nice idea though. Forgot who she was, confused herself with an act, brain in recovery accidentally mashes the two together.

To Vincent: Well...I suppose. Still, it's odd how it seems a lot of people thought so. Oh well. No one's had a problem with it anyways.

Edited by Grandjackal

Raddy's resolve for his friend Ceasar is amazing in what levels it can push him to. He secretly hides his feelings for Ceasar. He knows he wouldn't care (not like Ceasar would utterly fall in love with a guy when he's not that way), but he lately has had a hard time keeping it bottled up. He's made hints to him, but Ceasar being the simplistic dolt that he is, never catches on. Frustrates to no end.

Don't know if anybody pointed this out yet since I don't feel like reading every page to find out sooo....

There is only one problem with that story and it's that it contridicts with the small bit of info nintendo did make for him.

"Lady-Killer - Radd

Radd fell in love during the war, and gave up

his sword to win the woman's heart.

Whether he succeeded, we shall never know."

(That's his character ending.)

Don't know if anybody pointed this out yet since I don't feel like reading every page to find out sooo....

There is only one problem with that story and it's that it contridicts with the small bit of info nintendo did make for him.

"Lady-Killer - Radd

Radd fell in love during the war, and gave up

his sword to win the woman's heart.

Whether he succeeded, we shall never know."

(That's his character ending.)

No way in hell Ceasar's a chick either. Hnnn....Well no supports, no pairing with Ceasar XD He's bi? Maybe he lost hope on the idea...Ceasar's supposed to be thick as a stump.

What about Toms and Michelan? I mean, we know they're Akaenian knights, but...not much else. The only thing I see is that Toms looks like Mr. Clean and Michelan owns his own tire company.

Go back a page. You'll find theirs there with Thomas's

Hm, Roger's story seems to contradict what's stated by the game as far as where he's from. In his recruitment convo with Sheeda, he says that Grust is his home, and that he's always lived there. It's part of the reason he's so reluctant to join at first. Port Warren is in Akaneia, which is quite far from Grust...

Still, it's nothing a few name changes and the removal of the Raddy and Ceasar mentions wouldn't fix.

Hm, Roger's story seems to contradict what's stated by the game as far as where he's from. In his recruitment convo with Sheeda, he says that Grust is his home, and that he's always lived there. It's part of the reason he's so reluctant to join at first. Port Warren is in Akaneia, which is quite far from Grust...

Still, it's nothing a few name changes and the removal of the Raddy and Ceasar mentions wouldn't fix.

OR he's reluctant due to knowing this group is currently IN Warren. If they found out of his cowardice back in town, he'd never be allowed back! He simply made up being from Grust on the spot.

Simple. He may be a loser, but he can be a worm at times.

Edited by Grandjackal

Kashim next? We already know quite a bit about him, compared to most of the cast. He's fighting with pirates to get money for his sick mother, and it seems like Sheeda and him have known eachother for awhile. Childhood friends, maybe?

Edited by Navarre

Castor's not too bad. He has a small role in the BS games (okay, that's not that good) and he's got quite a bit of history explained in the FE3 designer's notes. Just don't forget that he's officially a

swindler/cheat in Book 2 (I thought so, but I couldn't remember what Sagi was slang for)

Edited by VincentASM

Castor's not too bad. He has a small role in the BS games (okay, that's not that good) and he's got quite a bit of history explained in the FE3 designer's notes. Just don't forget that he's officially a

swindler/cheat in Book 2 (I thought so, but I couldn't remember what Sagi was slang for)

Where are these designer's notes and stuff that people are pulling random backstory facts from?

Edit: Oh look, there's a designer's notes section on the main site. Why don't I try there?

Damnit, its Japanese hell.

Edited by Navarre

Where are these designer's notes and stuff that people are pulling random backstory facts from?

Edit: Oh look, there's a designer's notes section on the main site. Why don't I try there?

Damnit, its Japanese hell.

Using Babelfish it says Wolfguard on the first designers \notes used to be enslaved under the old law system and Hardin freed them. Gee makes me feel bad for them.

Because as for that settling finally the alone hero appeared in the royal family is.

He helping older brother king who is sickly reforms national system.

The people of the mounted police are released from slave status, furthermore the young people of king family are received in horseman group of the self and position as a lord is given, disabled nobility is banished.

Nobility obtaining the boost of [akaneia], rebellion is planned, the military force of Crown Prince young king where, but the mounted police tribe was attended in the subordinate individual being defeated they reach, it could not meet civil war and concluded.

That young person who was called the wolf of the grassy plain… name is called [hadein].

Edited by Delsait

Using Babelfish it says Wolfguard on the first designers \notes used to be enslaved under the old law system and Hardin freed them. Gee makes me feel bad for them.

Because as for that settling finally the alone hero appeared in the royal family is.

He helping older brother king who is sickly reforms national system.

The people of the mounted police are released from slave status, furthermore the young people of king family are received in horseman group of the self and position as a lord is given, disabled nobility is banished.

Nobility obtaining the boost of [akaneia], rebellion is planned, the military force of Crown Prince young king where, but the mounted police tribe was attended in the subordinate individual being defeated they reach, it could not meet civil war and concluded.

That young person who was called the wolf of the grassy plain… name is called [hadein].

Wtf does this have to do with Fire Emblem?

mounty.jpg

I think that translation sucks. Can we get a professional?

Which is why we need a human touch to do this.

Basically it says a lone hero from the royal family appearts. He helps his sickly older brother, and reforms the national system, and frees the people of the mounted police(wolf,Vyland,and Sedgar). The young heroes name was Hardin.

Thats the basic gist of it and it fits together with Wolf's dialogue from book 2.

Edited by Delsait

Wolf is understandable, as is Vyland (though he did that just to easier get into the nights, his family being part of the slave trade), and Sedgar...Well, talk about unlucky timing to move to another country. Location location location.

On the note of Castor: I'll see if he has a vocal role in BS Fire Emblem episode 3. That episode has Rickard as the lead along with Navarre and Lena as well... based on Castor's company though you can probably see where this is headed...

On the note of Castor: I'll see if he has a vocal role in BS Fire Emblem episode 3. That episode has Rickard as the lead along with Navarre and Lena as well... based on Castor's company though you can probably see where this is headed...

Oh man...

Rickard's a lead? Wow...Navarre and Lena must be ashamed of themselves to need...him...yucky bad stats.

They're planning to raid a castle, so you'd need a Thief wouldn't you? : P

That or a lot of chest keys.

Yes, but why have the failure lead? I think that Navarre could do a better job of leading then Ricardo.

Remember, Ricardo got locked up because he tried to raid a castle...hey wait. Which castle was he locked up in, and what castle were we talking about him, Navarre, Kashim and some others raiding?