Most Loved/Hated Class

thanibomb

Nah, Eliwodd, in comparison to Lyn, is more tankier, while Lyn has more hit rate, more SKL, and more luck, and she has a long range weapons upon promotions.

The only thing she really loses to Eliwood is Movement.

Eliwood has 1-2 range options upon promotion. Lyn has 1 range or 2 range. She also loses move by 1 and Eliwood's low stat caps don't hinder him except against bosses in the last 2 chapters.

Hit rate is never an issue and Lyn's skill advantage is like 1 or 2 more crit. Her only real advantages over Eliwood are earlier doubling and Mani Katti, but her durability totally blows and doesn't get much better with supports while Eliwood gets +1 defense for every level of support with Hector.

Eliwood doesn't really want to be promoting in a HHM ranked run... or rather, he has to bring twice as much utility to the team as any other character that wants a promotion item (his promotion item costs twice as much), and he's just not that good. Hector's promotion is at least free.

Edited by dondon151

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dondon151 to be fair, you're pretty secure with funds. You get like 300K to spend, if you promote like 7 characters and Eliwood you still have a good 210K left before you drop to four stars. It's not a total non-issue, but it's not that much of a penalty towards Eliwood or Lyn.

At any rate, I'd go with the one that gets good boosts off the Hector support.

@the forged weapons- that must cost a fortune.

Cuan/Oifaye- they are decent certainly not a jeigan or easy mode marcus.

Decent gains, a divine weapon for a short time, such.

Oifaye is a good weakener.

Most prepremotes in fe4 are better than non prepremotes.

(shanan, sety, (altenna is sort of a prepremote) briggid, (fin sometimes))

I agree.

How is Alteena a prepromote?

Doesn't she join you at a high level, like 16 or something?

She starts out at level 17 if I'm not mistaken. Only three levels away from promoting. She's almost promoted.

Edited by Musashi

Doesn't she join you at a high level, like 16 or something?

Yeah but she's not a prepromote because she isn't promoted. If a unit joined at level 30 or 20 in other games and weren't promoted they wouldn't be a prepromote.

Yeah but she's not a prepromote because she isn't promoted. If a unit joined at level 30 or 20 in other games and weren't promoted they wouldn't be a prepromote.

*looks at Wallace*

dondon151 to be fair, you're pretty secure with funds. You get like 300K to spend, if you promote like 7 characters and Eliwood you still have a good 210K left before you drop to four stars. It's not a total non-issue, but it's not that much of a penalty towards Eliwood or Lyn.

At any rate, I'd go with the one that gets good boosts off the Hector support.

Hmm, you're probably right, but it does seem logical that Eliwood should contribute to twice as much to the team as the next worthy character because his promotion item costs twice as much.

I'm not too clear on Funds, but you're allowed 300K to spend? That seems a bit much =X