FE3, Book 2 tier list

General Spoon

• Replies 535
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Except we've already established it a billion times.
Really?

Alright then. Down he goes.

=Top Tier=

Sirius

Paola

Katua

Oguma

Marth

Linda

=High Tier=

Nabarl

Feena

Chainy

Minerva

Wendel

Cecil

Kain

Roddy

Luke

Marisa

Maric

=Mid Tier=

Yubello

Elren

Kashim

Yumina

Julian

Sheeda

Abel

George

==Low Tier==

Astoria

Doga

Samuto

Gordon

Machis

Ryan

Medea

=Bottom Tier=

Alan

Ricardo

Chiki

Warren

Banetou

Roshe

Astoria

=Bishop tier, based on hawtness=

Lena

Maria

Elice

Nyna

=Fail=

Est

Samson

=Worse than Est=

(Insert large gap here)

Sheema

Edited by Chainey

These are some rough things I can say off the top of my head... may or may not change tomorrow.

Luke > Cecil > Cain = Rody (ie, the latter two is up for dispute)

Merric should move down a tier if only because of availability. Top of mid really is fine.

Astram is listed twice. I would push him down, but not an entire two tiers because of early Miracle Sword.

Ricardo is probably more useful than Ryan or Gordon in an efficient run.

Abel > Shiida due to Str issues I suppose.

Anyone who wants to question, leave a reply and I'll get back to it tomorrow.

These are some rough things I can say off the top of my head... may or may not change tomorrow.

Luke > Cecil > Cain = Rody (ie, the latter two is up for dispute)

Merric should move down a tier if only because of availability. Top of mid really is fine.

Astram is listed twice. I would push him down, but not an entire two tiers because of early Miracle Sword.

Ricardo is probably more useful than Ryan or Gordon in an efficient run.

Abel > Shiida due to Str issues I suppose.

Anyone who wants to question, leave a reply and I'll get back to it tomorrow.

Cain below Rody if just for availability.

Merric sounds fine.

We're not sure where to put Astram. Killing him is killing him, but he gives an awesome prize for it that's worth more than keeping him alive. Somewhere between Low and Fuck 'Em.

Ricardo? Sounds good to me.

Abel isn't too bad either. Shiida's....Shiida. Not like her support with Marth helps her any.

We're not sure where to put Astram. Killing him is killing him, but he gives an awesome prize for it that's worth more than keeping him alive. Somewhere between Low and Fuck 'Em.
For the last time, I'm never, ever going to put him in screw 'em tier just because of the Miracle Sword. Just consider it a major flaw of his, because it sure isn't a crippling one.

Low tier is fine, though a decent spot in Bottom is okay too.

Edited by Chainey

I challenge Elren>Julian, though

Julian's around for significantly longer, actually has a pretty damn good start this time and can use steel off the bat so he's really almost as good as Ogma until Ogma promotes. Not to mention Julian's still owning Elren when Elren comes up.

I'm gonna put him above Yubello for that matter, since Yubello has a much shakier start than he does.

=Top Tier=

Sirius

Paola

Katua

Oguma

Marth

Linda

=High Tier=

Nabarl

Feena

Chainy

Minerva

Wendel

Cecil

Kain

Roddy

Luke

Marisa

Maric

=Mid Tier=

Julian

Yubello

Elren

Kashim

Yumina

Sheeda

Abel

George

==Low Tier==

Astoria

Doga

Samuto

Gordon

Machis

Ryan

Medea

=Bottom Tier=

Alan

Ricardo

Chiki

Warren

Banetou

Roshe

Astoria

=Bishop tier, based on hawtness=

Lena

Maria

Elice

Nyna

=Fail=

Est

Samson

=Worse than Est=

(Insert large gap here)

Sheema

Just saying, him dying is a factor here. No need to get all butt-hurt about it.
Right. It IS a factor, and that's a good reason for characters to go lower on the tier list as opposed to Mid.

Having a whole tier just for one specific problem is pushing it, so I'm reserving it for characters that are truly useless, with the exception of Samson who I would still like to put into Bottom tier.

NG brought up Abel>Shiida. Anyone else agree?
Most definitely. Edited by Chainey

Right. It IS a factor, and that's a good reason for characters to go lower on the tier list as opposed to Mid.

Having a whole tier just for one specific problem is pushing it, so I'm reserving it for characters that are truly useless, with the exception of Samson who I would still like to put into Bottom tier.

Fine fine. But Samson In my opinion shouldn't move. You recruit him basically the same way we recruit Sheema and brings nothing special. He's not the ass kicker he used to be.

Most definitely.

Most definitely most definitely. Lessdoit!

Now that I look at it, his HP is really mediocre, but all of his other stats are much better than Sheema's with the exception of Defense (which isn't going to matter much for the last chapters of the game) and he actually gets something called Movement, so he'll be able to move around and do stuff.

He'll likely want Sheema's Power ring, but in my opinion he'll be taking less from your team by taking the power ring than by babying him with EXP.

While he's still not a very good unit (Bottom tier, remember that), I think there's enough in him that there's a tier gap between him and Sheema.

Chiki and Julian should be at least in the fuckin' High or Upper-Middle Tiers. Sirius as a high tier character is a joke! Wendel should be demoted to bottom tier!

Well, there are a few things that I agree with this statement, and they are.....

Chiki should be moved up to Mid Tier: Agree

-Chiki is actually useful for the most difficult chapters in the game, like 18, 19, and 20, she is also pretty helpful in the last two chapters. I would probably put Chiki in mid tier above Julian because she gets doubled by nearly anyone, has bad skill, joins quite late. I would put her in mid Tier abouve Julian, because she is actually useful for the most difficult chapters, though you will have to deploy her with care if you are having her use the Divine Dragonstone.

Julian: Disagree

-Julian should go just below Chiki, because his durability is worse than hers, and the only thing advantegous about him is..earlier joining time, able to open door/treasure/and bridge.

Sirius as a joke in high tier: Disagree

-Sirius is fine where he is, his base stats is solid, especially useful for those difficult earlygame chapters like 4,5, and 8. So, he should stay where he is.

Wendel Bottom tier: lol Disagree

-Wendel is fine where he is. His growths aren't bad, comes at the right time. Easy to level up having the ability to use Staves alone with tomes right away, no requirement of a Bishop Ring are pluses for him.

Edited by Laylea

Chiki is never going to be Mid tier.

Care to back up your claim as to why that she should stay below?

No, because you won't listen.

I know this because you never listened to SweetTooth's reasons, which he's repeated multiple times.

EDIT: But I will give one reason that he hasn't given: By the time you actually get Chiki, the hardest parts of the game are already over.

Edited by Chainey

That's true. But using Chiki as anything BUT a benchwarmer hurts funds, so the only way you can get the 18k is if you don't use her at all, so while she's not technically hurting turncount, if you want her not to screw you over, she cannot EVER enter play.

I've seen this contridiction already a few pages back, and that it says that she hurts funds. I don't really see this debateable, but whatever.

She actually is useful for taking out those damned Dragonknights in Chapter 18 when you force the Orulean squad to retreat. Those DragonKnights have Silver weapon, come in a group of 10, and can dish out 26 Damage neglected by Def of course. What about Chapter 19 when your up against a Paladin squad that will all attack you at once with Silver and Killer weapons. Though Chiki won't be much help to this part, but she is downright useful for taking out those annoying Elephant arches and Worm Priests at the Akaneian castle staying away from the castle within two spaces and having the other units covering the forts up, so that you don't get swarmed by a Paladin squad. Everyone else will likely get killed by the Elephant shooters and Worm Priest, as their defenses are alot lower than Chiki's. She is also useful for taking out many of the enemies in Chapter 20, which they are ALL at LV20 each.

Well, she doesn't have to move up to Mid Tier, but this is just my contridiction. Some points have been proven, but what about that I've just stated?

Edited by Laylea

If you're having trouble with the Dragon Knights on that chapter, then you're doing something wrong. You realize that by having Marth enter the house, it causes the Dragon Knights to come immediately, and not in a full pack either like if you would wait, right? They come in pairs of two or three each turn, and are incredibly easy to manage. By having Marth enter the house, you also no longer have to deal with the Social Knights which become free EXP.

What about Chapter 19 when your up against a Paladin squad that will all attack you at once with Silver and Killer weapons.
Then the Paladins will be killed, and they aren't hard to kill either. Your units will likely be able to take hits from Silver, especially since the Paladins aren't going to double you and you still have a stat called HP to tank with.
She is also useful for taking out many of the enemies in Chapter 20, which they are ALL at LV20 each.
Every other unit is going to be useful for taking out many late game enemies, especially since it's so easy to max out key stats in FE3 even without orbs.

If you're having trouble with the Dragon Knights on that chapter, then you're doing something wrong. You realize that by having Marth enter the house, it causes the Dragon Knights to come immediately, and not in a full pack either like if you would wait, right? They come in pairs of two or three each turn, and are incredibly easy to manage. By having Marth enter the house, you also no longer have to deal with the Social Knights which become free EXP.

Sure, it can be possible without her. If you REALLY want to sell her Dragonstone be my guest. She is just there to make those very difficult chapters alot easier. As for fighting the Orulean Squad, it isn't recommended, at all. Because they stand right beside you at the star of the battle, and without wasting Again Staff uses

Which should be used for the battle with Hardain and Medeius

like what was stated in Vengences walkthrough he said that it is very likely that you will lose some units this way. He's right. It is recommended to force them to retreat.

Then the Paladins will be killed, and they aren't hard to kill either. Your units will likely be able to take hits from Silver, especially since the Paladins aren't going to double you and you still have a stat called HP to tank with.

It can be possible with someone like Oguma, Navvarre, and maybe Kain to take out those Paladins and Bolgannon mages. =] As for the Worm Priests, and Elephant shooters, I'm sure that the Ihhg tier characters can have a chance at doing, though Chiki makes this taks far easier, and that her joining time isn't too bad either. That is why that I think that she should go in Mid Tier.

Every other unit is going to be useful for taking out many late game enemies, especially since it's so easy to max out key stats in FE3 even without orbs.

Indeed it is easy. It is very likely that many characters in good tiers will likely cap in several stats at just like around 15/5. Something like that. Chiki is just there to make those chapters 18,19,20, Dragon Valley, Final alot easier, nothing more.

Edited by Laylea

I'm not asking Chiki to be in Top Tier. But Bottom Tier is too much. You don't need to waste a single coin to use her Divine Stones. And she is still very powerful. She should be High Tier imo or at least, upper Mid Tier.