Do you Remember When...

TLSothe

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah we were alot better off back in the day. take this topic for instance, ninji and night wouldnt be bitching at each other for one of the two acting stupid. they just wouldn't give a shit but things around here are so fucking tense now there's ALWAYS fighting and extra admins/mods who i still to this day i believe we dont need. Well.........more like admin.

So, you and Lyle didn't give a shit when you guys made, like, 50 topics about arguing with each other, amirite? The ONLY time things are "so fucking tense" around here are when THESE types of topics are made.

BTW, more members = a need for more moderators/admins. <- Fact.

Me remembering?

I remember when rock was young

Me and suzie had so much fun

Holding hands and skimming stones

Had an old gold chevy and a place of my own

But the biggest kick I ever got

Was doing a thing called the crocodile rock

While the other kids were rocking round the clock

We were hopping and bopping to the crocodile rock

Well crocodile rocking is something shocking

When your feet just cant keep still

I never knew me a better time and I guess I never will

Oh lawdy mama those friday nights

When suzie wore her dresses tight

And the crocodile rocking was out of sight

But the years went by and the rock just died

Suzie went and left us for some foreign guy

Long nights crying by the record machine

Dreaming of my chevy and my old blue jeans

But theyll never kill the thrills weve got

Burning up to the crocodile rock

Learning fast as the weeks went past

We really thought the crocodile rock would last

yeah we were alot better off back in the day. take this topic for instance, ninji and night wouldnt be bitching at each other for one of the two acting stupid. they just wouldn't give a shit but things around here are so fucking tense now there's ALWAYS fighting and extra admins/mods who i still to this day i believe we dont need. Well.........more like admin.
I am MatLocke O'Connell and I support this message.

Remember the time when the Written Section was full of great stuff...

...me neither.

And to all you going on about drama: I suggest you take off them rose glasses.

Edited by Shuuda

I agree with Shuuda and Ninji really. Now, I wasn't here in the Summer, but I can say that since I joined I can see a remarkable improvement in this forum.

You know, now no-one is being called "inhuman" or a "fucking moron" or "unlikeable cunt" because they disagree with you about a game and happen to have backed up their claim with evidence. I could continue.

But perhaps it's because we all have differing expectancies... I like a forum that's funny, interesting and intelligent, not stupid. Drama and trolling is fine with me as long as it's entertaining. I don't mind people being retarded as long as I can make fun of them for it.

I agree with Shuuda and Ninji really. Now, I wasn't here in the Summer, but I can say that since I joined I can see a remarkable improvement in this forum.

You know, now no-one is being called "inhuman" or a "fucking moron" or "unlikeable cunt" because they disagree with you about a game and happen to have backed up their claim with evidence. I could continue.

But perhaps it's because we all have differing expectancies... I like a forum that's funny, interesting and intelligent, not stupid. Drama and trolling is fine with me as long as it's entertaining. I don't mind people being retarded as long as I can make fun of them for it.

They're still being called it, just via PMs and on MSN and such. All the people here have learned is to hide their feelings. At least, some of them. Not most, just a few.

They're still being called it, just via PMs and on MSN and such. All the people here have learned is to hide their feelings. At least, some of them. Not most, just a few.

And? MSN is off the forum... And I've never been called any of those in a PM or over MSN. So maybe I just don't stir up retard bile as much, or maybe it really isn't happening. The point is, its off the forums, which makes things better on the whole. Are you guys seriously going to believe that the overall raise in intelligence and maturity on this board has made it go DOWNHILL? Seriously?

And? MSN is off the forum... And I've never been called any of those in a PM or over MSN. So maybe I just don't stir up retard bile as much, or maybe it really isn't happening. The point is, its off the forums, which makes things better on the whole. Are you guys seriously going to believe that the overall raise in intelligence and maturity on this board has made it go DOWNHILL? Seriously?
I'm not really gonna say it has gone downhill. I just made this topic cause I was bored and wanted to see who remembered what. I will say that parts of the place have gone downhill, while other parts have gone uphill.

I'm not really gonna say it has gone downhill. I just made this topic cause I was bored and wanted to see who remembered what. I will say that parts of the place have gone downhill, while other parts have gone uphill.

I'm sure everyone agrees that the FE discussion has gone WAY uphill, so I'll ignore that.

I think that (especially with the arrival of the FESSers) General Discussion has gone WAY uphill, because we have people who can actually argue now. I also think that the Writing section is so much better now that at least some people are accepting Shuuda's help. Far From the Forest might be the one you guys are talking about, but I think it's a lot better because it's a lot less retarded.

Remember the time when the Written Section was full of great stuff...

...me neither.

And to all you going on about drama: I suggest you take off them rose glasses.

Fail. The written works section has tons of great stuff now.

When Hotel MaSu and the Tavern were active?

When we all had fun and little to no drama?

When Judge Judy was Dark Sage?

When Judge Judy and I were friends?

When Cynthia was active? (You should)

When there were only three Mods and one Admin, and we still functioned WAY better?

I remember those.

Please do note, I wasn't insulting anyone in any of my things. I know I've said it before, but Ninji's reactions made me realize it may not be clear. When we were in the summer, and we functioned better, in the eyes of most, it had nothing to do with Jyo not being active, or with the other additions not being added. Honestly, Staff was not involved in that change at all. It's just...complicated.

Does the number of staff really bother some people that much? It's not like they're stealing your oxygen or something o___o

I still remember when people kept asking for more mods. Fortunately those days are far gone at least...

Does the number of staff really bother some people that much? It's not like they're stealing your oxygen or something o___o

I still remember when people kept asking for more mods. Fortunately those days are far gone at least...

No one is ever satisfied....

Don't get me wrong, I see the place as being better than it was a few months ago. As far as I can tell, not as many violations going around and there's been a lack of new rules. The trolling isn't out of hand either... but the place just isn't as happy.

I remember them all, though the bolded ones are complete and utter bullshit.
No they're not. Stop being oblivious.
And activity generally equals less drama and more fun. Yeah no.

Like I said before, the FE boards and all such are better but other than that? Uh, no. There's a lot more drama and unnecessary trolling than before, though I'll admit the drama has lessened recently.

Stop being a tool.

I think you're the ignorant one here. But if I go any further into this, it'll become a huge flame war and I don't want to ruin the good mood right now.

Just know that you're a huge kiss-ass. That is all. *Leaves*

I was gonna respond to Ninji's first comment, but Nightmare said all that I was gonna.

So instead I'll say this: Nightmare, you rock.

I DEMAND MORE MODS!

No one is ever satisfied....

That's a problematic statement. If everyone was satisfied there'd be no need for improvements and the world would stagnate. It's because people weren't satisfied that many advancements were made. I mean isn't that why we have a suggestion board?

That's a problematic statement. If everyone was satisfied there'd be no need for improvements and the world would stagnate. It's because people weren't satisfied that many advancements were made. I mean isn't that why we have a suggestion board?

We should use it more.