How Flare really works.

That comes...where into the fact that Flare doesn't drain HP?

And you, for the record, kinda fail more. At least I know Rolf is bottom tier.

Riiiiiii-ght... WRONG!

Edited by Camtech075

...Or rather, right. Fact: Rolf sucks.

Really? He's just annoying to train. It takes tremendous patience, but is awesome.

Either your Rofls have been cursed by the RNG, or you used him once and decided that he was bullcrap. Or, you simply read the opinions of people who didn't have the patience to try him. (I only did once, he rocked both times)

In any case, you're quite wrong.

Want to create a different topic for this?

ON TOPIC: When exactly did the myth that Flare drains come from?

Edited by Camtech075

Really? He's just annoying to train. It takes tremendous patience, but is awesome.

What? He doesn't turn out nearly good enough to justify all the babying.

He's just annoying to train.

Annoying to train with less than stellar results.

but is awesome.

yes

if by awesome, you mean he is less suck than he was when he first started

that's what makes him not good.

why raise someone who is hard to train, when you could use someone else who isn't as hard to train and would still kill things?

now, don't get me wrong, i like using Rolf, but i won't deny that he is not a really good character to use. underleveled and stuck to bows for forever. too many weaknesses far outweigh the potential benefits.

Edited by Little Red Riding Hood

What? He doesn't turn out nearly good enough to justify all the babying.

Not to you...

Annoying to train with less than stellar results.

yes

if by awesome, you mean he is less suck than he was when he first started

Actually, I mean awesome as in Astrid awesome. They're actually similar characters, both have relatively low defenses, and start as crap, are hard to train, but can be good with training. Astrid wins with a better joining chapter (Although considerably later), and ability to use the Knight Ward. She also has a horse. Why don't we move this Rofl discussion to another forum, as not to clog up this one.

Not to you...

Actually, I mean awesome as in Astrid awesome. They're actually similar characters, both have relatively low defenses, and start as crap, are hard to train, but can be good with training. Astrid wins with a better joining chapter (Although considerably later), and ability to use the Knight Ward. She also has a horse. Why don't we move this Rofl discussion to another forum, as not to clog up this one.

except that Astrid is mounted, can move after attacking, gets to choose a new weapon after promotion, and has paragon.

Not to you...

Oh, come now. I'm merely stating the facts. Rolf needs obscene amounts of babying and doesn't turn out good enough to justify it.

I fail to see why you're comparing Rolf to Astrid. First off, she has paragon. Second, she can get another weapon after promotion. Rolf is stuck with bows. And you pointed out the Knight Ward yourself.

both have relatively low defenses

...Not even.

Astrid has axes after promo, Paragon all to herself, and much better defensive numbers than Rofl. Oh, and never mind access to Sol, undisputedly the best mastery in the game.

Also move, and canto, and the ability to hit and run after attacking.

Rolf has...Rolf...has....none of the above? You're trying to compare Denis Leary to Pauly Shore.

Oh yeah, and since the myth behind this topic has been busted, well, who's gonna care if we go a little off topic?

Edited by Sweet Tooth

Just to clear the Astrid vs Rolf..

http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=5384

Rolf is the worst character in the game, possibly.

We need more proof about this Flare thing.

Also.. Sol is probably better and more useful than Aether. Look at it this way: so many characters can get it. Only Ike can get Aether. You get more use out of Sol than Aether.

Yeah, Aether kills more. But defense > offense, after all.

I could be wrong, just my two cents.

Edited by Shanan

Just to clear the Astrid vs Rolf..

http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=5384

Rolf is the worst character in the game, possibly.

We need more proof about this Flare thing.

Also.. Sol is probably better and more useful than Aether. Look at it this way: so many characters can get it. Only Ike can get Aether. You get more use out of Sol than Aether.

Yeah, Aether kills more. But defense > offense, after all.

I could be wrong, just my two cents.

Whatever.

@Sweet tooth:

Fine. You win. But still, that doesn't mean he's that un-useable without BEXP or boss abuse. It just takes forever. (I think that Ena is the worst character in the game.)

Whatever.

@Sweet tooth:

Fine. You win. But still, that doesn't mean he's that un-useable without BEXP or boss abuse. It just takes forever. (I think that Ena is the worst character in the game.)

being bad for 20+ chapters is worse than being bad for only the last couple of chapters

Edited by Little Red Riding Hood

It would work but it would have no VISABLE effect.

giving soren a knife is pretty much useless anyways, unless you give him like all the energy drops in the game, even then he could only kill thing with like 5hp. giving soren a knife is a waste in PoR, the tome makes more sense. and...has anybody used soren as something other than a wind mage?

In FE9, I enjoyed watching Soren kill

Bryce

with knives. Lol.

And watching him kill with Staves in FE10.

Y' Know, there's a vid on Youtube of Soren killing Bryce with Knives.

I'll try to get the link soon.

Yeah, That's my video, I'm GreatMizuti on Youtube. XD

check above quote for link

Edited by Princess Kilvas

*Searches topic for youtube link showing POR sol activation*

*Finds lame one liner discussion about why Rolf sucks*

Anyway, if this is true, then Soren will actually be durable enough to frontline post promotion when combined with his B Ike support.