Hey guys, want to hear why Link can't be a girl?

General Spoon

Click here to read (I'd say listen but the thread died two years ago) it.

Damnit, these people fail at life. And I know what it means to fail. As soon as they started saying that a female Link would need need to be lesbian, I couldn't stand the fail anymore, and bailed. And that was on the first page of the topic.

So then, I guess we could talk about them failing, or give our opinions on a female Link. Personally, I don't see why the Hero of Time can't be reborn as a female. I don't remember anything in Zelda games about the Hero of Time always being male, but whatever. EDIT: (Okay, I suppose that a reason could be that Nintendo might give a female Link the same treatment they gave Zero Suit Samus in Brawl...)

Edited by Marty

Click here to read (I'd say listen but the thread died two years ago) it.

Damnit, these people fail at life. And I know what it means to fail. As soon as they started saying that a female Link would need need to be lesbian, I couldn't stand the fail anymore, and bailed. And that was on the first page of the topic.

So then, I guess we could talk about them failing, or give our opinions on a female Link. Personally, I don't see why the Hero of Time can't be reborn as a female. I don't remember anything in Zelda games about the Hero of Time always being male, but whatever. EDIT: (Okay, I suppose that a reason could be that Nintendo might give a female Link the same treatment they gave Zero Suit Samus in Brawl...)

I'm actually a little surprised he hasn't. Although I'd prefer to have a verbal Link as opposed to having a female one.

Edited by Hibari

Although I'd prefer to have a verbal Link as opposed to having a female one.

Uuuum, verbal Link=this: animation_debut2.jpg

I think there's a reason Link doesn't talk......

Anyway, I'm not sure about a straight up Link being a girl, but like it's been said, a female main character of a different sort. Still, it would be a nice idea to change it up a bit on main characters.

A Zelda story where Zelda does something fucking useful is good enough for me.

Saves Link?

I don't see why she always needs saving when she has magic, occasional ninja abilities and is the triforce of wisdom. Seriously, it's Legend of Zelda, not of Link.

Edited by Bohemund

Uuuum, verbal Link=this: animation_debut2.jpg

I think there's a reason Link doesn't talk......

Anyway, I'm not sure about a straight up Link being a girl, but like it's been said, a female main character of a different sort. Still, it would be a nice idea to change it up a bit on main characters.

Oh God I forgot about that. I take it back. I take it back.

Now it's brought up, a female hero to the Legend of Zelda games would be quite welcome. It doesn't have to be a female version of Link, just another blonde haired, green tunic-wearing girl who happens to be good with swords and bows... It would just be coincidence.

Edited by Raven

I'm actually a little surprised he hasn't. Although I'd prefer to have a verbal Link as opposed to having a female one.

you are an IDIOT! do you not remember the videos i showed you in school! *sees kintenbo posted a pic of fayggit link*

Verbal Link wouldn't be bad, if they kept his japanese voice.

At least the adult Link.

Edited by Skasha

While browsing Legends Alliance, I found an interesting justification for Link being a female.

If Ganon is expecting a young boy to be the hero, he could be killing them off. This new Link is spared because she's a girl, but she's still the Hero(ine) chosen by the goddesses.
Edited by Marty

Now it's brought up, a female hero to the Legend of Zelda games would be quite welcome. It doesn't have to be a female version of Link, just another blonde haired, green tunic-wearing girl who happens to be good with swords and bows... It would just be coincidence.

Actually there IS a Zelda game with a playable female protagonist. In BS Zelda which was never released in America, it was basically a remake of the original on the SNES and you had the choice of being a female.

Interesting. I believe the sex of the Hero of the Legend of Zelda series isn't really all that important. Like being male or female in the Pokemon games (Yes, I have chosen "Female" before).

Some people may see a male Hero as cool, and a female Hero as sexy. Sex sells. Do the math, Nintendo.

If they did release a new 3D Zelda game with Link as a female, it would most definitely raise eyebrows.

Female Link for SSB4.

Interesting. I believe the sex of the Hero of the Legend of Zelda series isn't really all that important. Like being male or female in the Pokemon games (Yes, I have chosen "Female" before).

Some people may see a male Hero as cool, and a female Hero as sexy. Sex sells. Do the math, Nintendo.

If they did release a new 3D Zelda game with Link as a female, it would most definitely raise eyebrows.

Female Link for SSB4.

i am not opposed to the idea of female "Link." It would garner some attention to an already established and hailed series. But i mean for the same reason it would be a risk to change that. We've seen here and on the other board that there are a lot of people opposed to the idea. But would that opposition stop them from buying and playing the game.

i doubt it.

I wouldn't mind playing as a female "Link," and i never remember hearing that the Triforce of Courage always goes to a male. Sure the title is Hero of Time, but is every Link really the same person? And that goes into a WHOLE other debate.

But i wouldn't want them to over do the sexuality of her. I mean, she does not need to be Lara croft in a tank top. I would hope that Nintendo would alter the standard male appearance so that she comes off as classy, not trashy (though, Tomb Raider has somewhat cleaned up. though i've never played one.).

I really don't know what she would look like exactly. She'd probably where green.

The only real opposition i have against this would be how it would impact another Smash Bros game, if the series continues and it probably will. It has become one of Nintendo's trump cards). Because having a female Link would only further justify the presence of a second Link....if not making for a third. And that is just stupid, and i would fight that. And if it had to be done, i would prefer it be executed like Wario's two costume, which i thought was ingenious and should have been applied to other characters.

Though, as interesting an idea of a female Link is, i would rather be able to play as Zedla, or even Ganon. Imagine a Zelda game where you switch from character to character through episodic installments?

Ever since the two appeared in Smash (though i still hate Ganondorf's moveset), i've figured that it wouldn't be too hard to develop actions, weapons, tools, and magic for them to in a Zelda world.

Sure it might mean that each character gets only a few items, but where does he store all those items?

he doesn't have a Bag of Holding, does he?

and some of them are just kind of useless outside of the dungeon they are gained in, like the spinning top in Twilight? Oh, a few random heart pieces, some big rupees, and in the final dungeon for a stair case? i could have gone without it

And and episodic game could greatly expand the play experience, like say you got to choose at certain points which character's story you wanted to follow, and thus create different endings made according to your decisions.

Imagine that, the first Zelda game with some serious replay value since the original Legend of Zelda in 1988.

but that's just me.

Edited by microwavefriendly

i am not opposed to the idea of female "Link." It would garner some attention to an already established and hailed series. But i mean for the same reason it would be a risk to change that. We've seen here and on the other board that there are a lot of people opposed to the idea. But would that opposition stop them from buying and playing the game.

i doubt it.

I wouldn't mind playing as a female "Link," and i never remember hearing that the Triforce of Courage always goes to a male. Sure the title is Hero of Time, but is every Link really the same person? And that goes into a WHOLE other debate.

But i wouldn't want them to over do the sexuality of her. I mean, she need to be Lara croft in a tank top. I would hope that Nintendo would alter the standard male appearance so that she comes off as classy, not trashy (though, Tomb Raider has somewhat cleaned up. though i've never played one.).

The only real opposition i have against this would be how it would impact another Smash Bros game, if the series continues and it probably will. It has become one of Nintendo's trump cards). Because having a female Link would only further justify the presence of a second Link....if not making for a third. And that is just stupid, and i would fight that. And if it had to be done, i would prefer it be executed like Wario's two costume, which i thought was ingenious and should have been applied to other characters.

Though, as interesting an idea of a female Link is, i would rather be able to play as Zedla, or even Ganon. Imagine a Zelda game where you switch from character to character through episodic installments?

Ever since the two appeared in Smash (though i still hate Ganondorf's moveset), i've figured that it wouldn't be too hard to develop things for them to in a Zelda world.

And it could greatly expand the play experience..or what if you got to choose are certain points which character's story you wanted to follow, and thus create different endings.

Imagine that, the first Zelda game with some serious replay value since the original Legend of Zelda in 1988.

but that's just me.

this, though (not being sexist) I'd rather have link as a dude (if I ever get to produce my LOZ game it will make SOOO much more sense)