Hey guys, want to hear why Link can't be a girl?

General Spoon

A female Link would be fine. I'd buy the game as long as it didn't fail miserably. But that hopefully won't be an issue because most of the recent-ish Zelda games have been good, though they've all had their flaws (like Phantom Hourglass being so short, etc.)

lunc cant b uh gurl bcuz den wii wood hav 2 stap bein sexits

A female Link would be fine. I'd buy the game as long as it didn't fail miserably. But that hopefully won't be an issue because most of the recent-ish Zelda games have been good, though they've all had their flaws (like Phantom Hourglass being so short, etc.)

Phantom Hourglass' huge flaw is that you have to continuously go back through the temple of the ocean king over and over, but I didn't mind it's length at all.

lunc cant b uh gurl bcuz den wii wood hav 2 stap bein sexits

Phantom Hourglass' huge flaw is that you have to continuously go back through the temple of the ocean king over and over, but I didn't mind it's length at all.

Don't forget the "close the DS" puzzle. It took me about 20 minutes to get that one, and I've played Lost in Blue! (for those who don't know, everytime you cook something in Lost in Blue, you close the DS for an amount of time to "cook" the meal)

Don't forget the "close the DS" puzzle. It took me about 20 minutes to get that one, and I've played Lost in Blue! (for those who don't know, everytime you cook something in Lost in Blue, you close the DS for an amount of time to "cook" the meal)

I had thrown away those memories of the close the DS puzzle. I must now destroy you for bringing back up those painful, painful memories. No, but seriously now, why do people have such a problem with the mere idea of Link being female in the future?

I had thrown away those memories of the close the DS puzzle. I must now destroy you for bringing back up those painful, painful memories. No, but seriously now, why do people have such a problem with the mere idea of Link being female in the future?

Actually, it wouldn't be that hard to make Link female. Just add boobs, and that should do it :rolleyes:

Edited by Marty

Actually, it wouldn't be that hard to make Link female. Just add boobs, and that should do it :rolleyes:

But that would require for Nintendo to change Link even ever-so-slightly!

Everyone knows that Nintendo only makes a few sets of polygons/pixels and just recolors them/make them look a little prettier for later games! How did you not know this!?

IIRC, that was done already, and it didn't sell or something.

it was part of the CD-i games made by some third-party developer. all of those games didn't sell because they are considered "bad quality" by the majority of the Zelda fanbase. so that title shouldn't be used as an excuse to not have a game with a playable zelda

I wouldn't mind, as long as they made her normal like Link has been throughout the series (AKA, silent, green tunic and hat with the white leggings, boots and gauntlets, and is good with the sword and bow. Nothing stupid, like being overtly cute and typical.).

Wouldn't mind a game that didn't star an incarnation of the hero of time either. Like a mage (admit it, it would be cool. instead of a bow and magic arrows with various equipments, you just had magic spells. Like a spell where you switched places with an object. There WAS that one version of the hookshot in Oracle of Ages.) or something.

Either way, these characters would have to be hard-asses in some way. Hell, remember the band of warriors from TP? Even the dorky guy had guts. More guts than the guards at least because he at least had the guts to STEP OUTSIDE THE CITY. For knights, you'd expect a lot more out of them, wouldn't you? XD

Saves Link?

Did'nt that happen in one of the CDI Zeldas...true they're bearly official so they don't count...

Verbal Link wouldn't be bad, if they kept his japanese voice.

At least the adult Link.

As far as voice acting in the Zelda franchise goes the weird thing is it wouldn't be something new to the series.

It was done in the part of Zelda Four Swords only the Japanese got becuase the treehouse didn't think it was worth the time to do the voices given their estimate of the games sales...and to think I got thast version of this yet only played it once...I should really try to get some people involved in a multiplayer session.

Also the BS Zelda games featured it...well more commentry/tips/taunts by the old man, Zelda, Ganon (only in the first one) and the like...you can find complete playthroughs of the Zelda games as well as a number of other games

But yeah Link has never had any voice acting aside from the grunts you get post-OOT.

Actually there IS a Zelda game with a playable female protagonist. In BS Zelda which was never released in America, it was basically a remake of the original on the SNES and you had the choice of being a female.

The best analogy to think of is its like playing Zelda with your Mii. Only you can select your Mii to be Male or Female.

I'd say its not really a remake as the two broadcasted quests were completely new dungeons (but like the NES Zeldas were with their two quests, shame old overworld).

It might just be me, but most of Link's incarnations look kind of effeminate already. Changing his gender wouldn't be that big of a leap to me.

I always found that funny. You're got this man wearing a tunic, tights, earings and has long blonde hair. What next, Lipstick?

Part of me thinks if Link is a woman shouldn't Zelda be a man (oh god i'm being reminded of "Is Sheik a man or woman?" and the pages of debates it produces back in the day and still does to this day).

Though a Female protagonist might signal the end of the series. Why? Remember Wonder Boy (and its liscensing issues which mean it is the most seen game on the virtual console). Well the last game; Monster World 4 had a female protagonist. To be fair Monster World 4 did drop the Wonder Boy title though the fact Monster World 1-3 and the familiar gameplay makes it clear it is a Wonder Boy game

I wouldn't mind, as long as they made her normal like Link has been throughout the series (AKA, silent, green tunic and hat with the white leggings, boots and gauntlets, and is good with the sword and bow. Nothing stupid, like being overtly cute and typical.).

Wouldn't mind a game that didn't star an incarnation of the hero of time either. Like a mage (admit it, it would be cool. instead of a bow and magic arrows with various equipments, you just had magic spells. Like a spell where you switched places with an object. There WAS that one version of the hookshot in Oracle of Ages.) or something.

Either way, these characters would have to be hard-asses in some way. Hell, remember the band of warriors from TP? Even the dorky guy had guts. More guts than the guards at least because he at least had the guts to STEP OUTSIDE THE CITY. For knights, you'd expect a lot more out of them, wouldn't you? XD

so pretty much you want to play as Zelda?

Not that there's anything wrong with that. i think it could be really cool. her name is in the title, yet we rarely see her do anything legendary or really worth noting.

and i'd really only enjoy voice acting if everyone in the game talked (including Link) and the game had a real plot. Not a pseudo plot where you're adventuring post fact of all the serious plot and destruction (Ocarina, though i do love the game).

So i guess i'll pose another transgender question:

what if they made a game where Ganon came back female...or the person who inherited the triforce of power?

i mean, look at the Wind Waker World. Ganon is dead (and i don't care if it counts as a spoiler, if you don't know that yet, then stay out of zelda threads). And he shouldn't be coming back. That means a new entity should be receiving the Triforce of Power.

I wouldn't mind playing a game where you play that character.

They could make it like a way better (and longer) version of Fable, where you can become either good or evil based on your decisions at key points of the game.