• RPG
    • Platformer
    • Shooter
    • Board game
    • Fighting
    • Racing
    • Sports

What's your favorite game genre?

For me it's tough between RPG and Platformer but I'm saying RPG.

Did I forget some? If I did tell me and I'll add it.

Edited by luigi bros

I looooove fighting games so much.

They are all so different from each other, the variety of characters is great and also all the differnt types, there are 3D fighters and in there you have games like Naruto Ninja storm which is very free roam and then you have Soul Calibur which is a little more stiff and teken which is different too and then you have 2D and even there Street Fighter si differnt from Guilty Gear and from KoF, them smash is nothing like any the variety is always great and I love the competition in fighting games, I'm a sucker for competition ^_^

FIghting games ftw

I love RPGs, but not the RPGs that gamers think of. I'm not talking about a FFish game. I'm talking about any game in which you play as at least one character who go on an epic journey with a story from begining to end with at least one twist and a great atmosphere. This could include many genres, but RPG stands for Role-Playing Game, so I chose that one.

Edited by Yourgranny

I love RPGs, but not the RPGs that gamers think of. I'm not talking about a FFish game. I'm talking about any game in which you play as at least one character who go on a journey with a story from begining to end with at least one twist and a great atmosphere. This could include many genres, but RPG stands for Role-Playing Game, so I chose that one.

Those games are almost always RPGs. There are many different types of RPGs, JRPGs, SRPGs, and every other possibility. The type you're thinking about are usually JRPGs.

Those games are almost always RPGs. There are many different types of RPGs, JRPGs, SRPGs, and every other possibility. The type you're thinking about are usually JRPGs.

Sweet! Thanks Wist! I knew those were called something. I always just called them adventure games LOL!

I don't see "Driving" there. Racedriver GRID is awesome. It should represent all driving games ever.

I love strategies too, but if I had to pick between them, I'd have to go with driving.

I'm also good at shooters. That's third on my list.

Strategy by far. And that inculdes inside all its sub-genres : Wargame, Puzzle Game, Gestion game, Tactical-RPG ; as well as any game with strategy touches.

I also love plateformers, beat-them-up, and light gun games a lot.

My least favourite genres are RPG and Sports. There's only a select few RPG games I like (the Mother saga, Star Ocean 2, Lunar 1 & 2, and some Tales), and as for Sports, except for very rare exceptions like Wimbledon and Ultimate Soccer, the only sub-genre I like in there is Racing games.