Gamers are fickle.

Emeraldfox

If they don't enjoy playing, they need to stop playing. It's that simple.

That's the truth. :D

Everyone likes something different, and everybody is going to play what they like, regardless of whether its shitty or not, and they won't play what they don't like, even if its great, BECAUSE THEY DO OR DO NOT LIKE IT. So I think in the end the complaining is just what they do.

If I think a game is too easy, but find the gameplay and story fun, I'm okay with that. If the game is hard, that makes for a good challenge and I just need to practice to get better or just stop playing the game altogether.

Whining to other people about it is retarded.

You'll always hear me grumble about a game being too easy.

You'll always hear Kiba complaining about a game being too hard.

It's a matter of preference. I can enjoy easy games, but I LOVE playing games when they're incredibly hard and require skill. Some people want the win to be given to them...

To the whiners: Shut the fuck up. If I want a hard ass game in which will make me get gray hairs, then I play a hard ass game. If I want a easy game, then I play a easy game.

If I wanna use cheat devices and cheat codes, then let me cheat! Play the damn game you wanna play and stop harassing folks who play it differently.

The problem with games being to easy example.

In "Game", you start with three "Organs" which represent your remaining life. After killing a boss, you get another "organ." Also, you can get another "organ" everytime you collect five "pieces of organ." Also, you can find "recovery organs" easily to refill your life. So, in "Game," it is not too difficult to increase your "organs" and to refill them. Tack on enemies which don't do over one "organ" of damage, and it is hard to die in "Game."

In "Game", you start with three "Organs" which represent your remaining life. After killing a boss, you get another "organ." Also, you can get another "organ" everytime you collect five "pieces of organ." Also, you can find "recovery organs" easily to refill your life. So, in "Game," it is not too difficult to increase your "organs" and to refill them. Tack on enemies which don't do over one "organ" of damage, and it is hard to die in "Game."

Nintendo is watching....

(sarcasm)

yeah i am sick and tired of the gamer whining..."this game is not good enough for my standards so im gonna bitch all over the internet and mock people who enjoyed the game.." fuck that shit! (excuse the french but this is something that has angered me for some time)

If you dont like a game, dont ruin it for other people who DID enjoy it...

This is why I don't sweat over difficulty. If it looks interesting, I buy it. If it's an easy game, I just breeze on through it and enjoy it. If it's a hard game, I feel the satisfaction of beating it, and enjoy it all the way through. It's just that simple.

This is why I don't sweat over difficulty. If it looks interesting, I buy it. If it's an easy game, I just breeze on through it and enjoy it. If it's a hard game, I feel the satisfaction of beating it, and enjoy it all the way through. It's just that simple.

Exactly.

And there will always be the ones who complain, that's just the way people are.

*insert thinly veined Twilight Princess derailment*

You know, you're not forced to pick up the pieces of heart...be a man and play 3 hearts! Or you can keep being a whining bitch and bringing the bloody topic up every other week.

I think they sholud have made the game like the Ameircan NES castlevanias. You take damage depending on what area you are in so at the start of the game you can take loads of hits then near the end enemies are going to kill you in 4 hits...of course the Japanese versions trhe damage you took depended on enemy. I don't think the enemy layouts or anything were changed to bear that it mind when the game came to America.

Konami generally did that with NES games. Japanese versions of Contra had life bars...

All too often games will be hard for silly reasons or it'll be a case of "Why didn't you give us of the choice of...". Usually a lot of these complaints have genuine reasons to them.

I personally think 8-bit games have too many instant death bullshit bits to them. I think them dying out was a good thing. You can also argue these days is games are now a 20 hour narrative. You don't need to make 1 hours worth of game last 20 by making it impossible.

That aside. This is one of the downsides of the internet. You'll hear these things a lot more. I personally have more of a problem with straight trolling of the game. You can't mention Dead Rising Chop till you drop without a corus of people reminding you about how it has 3 zombies, driving minigames with no animation and all that. The problem is these people cross the line of "the game looks bad no, utterly appaling" into "the game is absolutely shit". There are a few people hoping the controls will make for an interesting spin off but as soon as they mention that they are crucified for "supporting shovelware".

This thread is not going to stop me from complaining about what I feel should be complained about.

This is true for me as well.

The problem is that people cannot handle conflicting opinions to their own, so when someone tries to discuss how and why a game isn't all that great, people get all defensive about it as though the criticism of the game says anything about them for liking it. Some games are good, and others are bad. Those that are bad deserve complaints.

And if someone disagrees, they can always say why. I will always defend Mario Kart 64 (and the entire N64) from its detractors, and I have no issue with telling people just why I dislike Zelda II so much (and it has nothing to do with me not giving it a chance, or being some uncultured buffoon who doesn't like retro games).

and I have no issue with telling people just why I dislike Zelda II so much
And I have no issue making sure that you know you are a terrible person, and that nobody should ever listen to you. Edited by Chainey

That's cool.

Tipz:

- Jump slash Iron Knuckle heads to defeat them with ease unless you're in it for some kind of epic fight. Jump slashing allows your sword to hit them regardless of whether their shield is raised or lowered.

- Attack is the stat you want the most, then Life. Having more attack = enemies die faster = there's less complications = less frustrating game. More Life = more defense = less dying. Magic means more uses of Life spell = less dying.

- You can strike at Iron Knuckle statues to randomly either get a Red Magic potion (helpful for recovering life) or randomly get a red Iron Knuckle to fight. You can actually abuse this for the statues that appear at the beginning of temples (besides the first temple) to grind up (also note that it's perfectly legit to grind in Zelda II) or recover life you may have lost traveling.