Have you ever felt unhappy with yourself?

Deity

Have you ever felt unhappy with yourself?  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Have you ever been unhappy with yourself?

• Yes
    • No
    • I am not sure

Just curious, because there are a lot of people who are. I mean, I for example am.

I wish lots of many things could have been different about myself, but then there are the things about myself that I would not trade. So it balances out in the end.

No. There's far worse around yourself than one could ever find in themselves. Anyone caught up enough within themselves to ignore the outer problems needs some help.
Almost that. But I have been unhappy with myself before. Like the time I had a nightmare and almost broke my girlfriend's face when she woke up by reflex, the time... Okay, there are a lot of times.

No. There's far worse around yourself than one could ever find in themselves. Anyone caught up enough within themselves to ignore the outer problems needs some help.

So you think that considering something about yourself a problem automatically means that that person ignores other problems? lol, How cute.

I am who I choose to be. If I were unhappy with myself I'd attempt to change. My life is pretty easy. I would feel unhappy about being unhappy with myself in fact, knowing the shit that happens to other people and what other people are like. Also, I'm totally not lying. Everything I do is basically what I chose to do and I always stick with that choice. I don't look back on what I do and say "Oh shit, I shouldn't have done that. Ugh, I'm so terrible." I look straight ahead. So what? I made a few stupid mistakes. I just look back and laugh at myself. I don't think myself of higher than other people though. I'd prefer to be closer to the middle actually. Where I don't get attention. And as for the things I can't choose, what's the point of being unhappy about that? It isn't my choice. It isn't my fucking fault. Saying that I've been unhappy with myself is a lie because if I'm not happy about something I'm completely neutral about it this doesn't include annoying people though.

If you're looking back upon an action and are displeased with it, that is regret, not unhappiness. I never feel regret.

Unhappiness is ordering something at a restaurant only to find out it isn't as tasty as the other thing you normally order; an unhappy change that you can live with and forget. However, you'd regret stabbing the waitress because she spilt something on you. I mean seriously, she'd probably live and end up suing you; regret for leaving loose ends.

Yes, sometimes. Seeing as there's fuck all I can do about things that's happened, I just need to put my chin up and keep going, as I have been for years. One thing seems to disappear, only for other problems to appear. Or you think everything is going smooth, then suddenly everything's up on the rocks. Not alot can be done about it. Just keep trucking.

So you think that considering something about yourself a problem automatically means that that person ignores other problems? lol, How cute.

While self-interpretation is always a plus, it's negative when you read things in the entirely wrong way, and spout cute, incessant responses that not only show you warped the original text, but also are trying to sketch out a statement that never was. In no such part was there a statement signifying an automatic and instant transition--lest you include your response.

That's the cute part.

While self-interpretation is always a plus, it's negative when you read things in the entirely wrong way, and spout cute, incessant responses that not only show you warped the original text, but also are trying to sketch out a statement that never was. In no such part was there a statement signifying an automatic and instant transition--lest you include your response.

That's the cute part.

That's honestly what I got from it, actually. Why would I waste my time warping something that you have to say, what possible goal would that accomplish?

I do so enjoy this.. "attack" of sorts as opposed to you considering that maybe, just -maybe- you could have been a little more clear. But tough, intelligent individuals like yourself may or may not have time to waste on such pleasantries.

It was a perfectly clear statement. Which is why it's so strange to see you fret over it as much as you have so far--including your injections of smart comments that you so carefully lay out, I'm sure, as you've done throughout your postings. To the point of trying to declare it misleading.

In other words, what a way to completely blow off your first response and try to remain in control.

Edited by Celice

Just keep trucking.

I was skimming and totally misread that.

On topic: I have been unhappy with myself, everyone has. I brush it off and move on. I'm not going to go around playing a game of "Who's the Unfortunate one?"

That's honestly what I got from it, actually. Why would I waste my time warping something that you have to say, what possible goal would that accomplish?
Good question. Why would you say something like "So you think that considering something about yourself a problem automatically means that that person ignores other problems?", when you have no evidence he does?

Celice said "Anyone caught up enough within themselves to ignore the outer problems needs some help." This does not mean that you need help if you've ever recognized a problem in yourself, unless, of course, you warped what he originally said.

It was a perfectly clear statement. Which is why it's so strange to see you fret over it as much as you have so far--including your injections of smart comments that you so carefully lay out, I'm sure, as you've done throughout your postings. To the point of trying to declare it misleading.

In other words, what a way to completely blow off your first response and try to remain in control.

lol.. Did you just tell me what I am thinking and doing while also telling me that something is perfectly clear, when it was not to me, like that is supposed to magically make me get it in the first place?

Oh how you scathe me, I will now go write a long entry in my LJ about this.

@Yokai, again, I simply stated what I got from it. I am amazed people are so eager to argue about something so trivial though.

Edited by Death

I think what would be more appropriate in my case is if you asked have I ever been happy with myself.

Of course, happy and satisfied are different things. I'll probably never be satisfied with myself, as I will always look for ways to improve, however, there are times that I am happy with who I am.

ol.. Did you just tell me what I am thinking and doing while also telling me that something is perfectly clear, when it was not to me, like that is supposed to magically make me get it in the first place?

Oh how you scathe me, I will now go write a long entry in my about this.

@Yokai, again, I simply stated what I got from it. I am amazed people are so eager to argue about something so trivial though.

lol, How cute.

Edited by Celice