Tactician stars

dondon151

"Tactician bonus: 1 for each star in the Fortune-Tactician window (normal max of 7, actual max of 10), if the user has the same affinity as the Tactician"

tacticianstarshz5.png

I spy 9 stars (taken in Final, all gaidens visited HHM except 19xx, no LM).

Sorry if this has already been asked.

AFAIK, you get 1 star for every 4 chapters you beat, without exception. I can't think of any exceptions that might have caused this.

Do you remember if you did anything out of the norm in that playthrough? Also, do you still have the Tactician data from any other playthroughs that you did?

This is my HHM playthrough using Levin's save, and it's the only playthrough were I actually checked tactician data.

Aside from altering PC stats using the memory viewer, I've also used the code to put a Warp staff in Hector's inventory so I can check what chests contain what items in certain chapters. That's about it, though.

• 2 weeks later...

Verified:

FE7TStars.jpg

link to video

Taken at the beginning of Chapter 32. Hector Normal Mode, preceded by Lyn Hard Mode. Did not play 19xx. Recruited all characters, played Linus' and Jermes' maps.

This was played on my cartridge that had unfortunately reset its cleared data over the summer. Since then I've only played one Lyn Normal Mode (S-ranked), one Eliwood Normal Mode (S-ranked), one Lyn Hard Mode (S-ranked), and the current almost completed Hector Normal Mode (S-ranked).

I'm not sure what else to add.

Edit: I only have eight stars in 31x, that may be worth noting.

Edited by Balcerzak

Assuming you indeed get one star for every four chapters you've played, then this actually should be correct, shouldn't it?

Star 1: after Ch3

Star 2: after Ch7

Star 3: after Ch10

Star 4: after Ch13x

Star 5: after Ch17

Star 6: after Ch19x

Star 7: after Ch23

Star 8: after Ch26

Star 9: after Ch29

Star 10: after Ch32

That means that after Ch32, you should have 10 stars, which means that it can only be "1 star per 4 chapter" if gaiden chapters do not count towards the amount of stars.

Star 1: after Ch3

Star 2: after Ch7

Star 3: after Ch11

Star 4: after Ch15

Star 5: after Ch19

Star 6: after Ch23

Star 7: after Ch27

Star 8: after Ch31

Star 9: after Ch35

But that would mean you can't get 9 stars at all.

So my conclusion is that it isn't simply that you get a star after you've completed four chapters. Perhaps this'll help you a bit in the right direction D:

As I have a (limited) amount of chapter saves, maybe I can help a bit:

Chapter 19: 2 stars to 3 stars

Chapter 21: 3 stars to 4 stars

Chapter 23x: 4 stars to 5 stars

Chapter 25: 5 stars to 6 stars

Chapter 28x/29: 6 stars to 7 stars (note that I'm missing a chapter 28x save)

Chapter 31x/32: 7 stars to 8 stars (I'm also missing a chapter 31x save)

Chapter Final: 8 stars to 9 stars

Anyway I think it's obvious from chapter 21 to 25 that tactician stars aren't given in a linear fashion. It's also evident that LM doesn't add tactician stars, as there are still 10 whole chapters before chapter 19 over which 2 stars can be distributed.

Edited by dondon151