About Troubadours....

Liz

i was bored the other day, so i did what i always do when i'm bored, and researched stuff. i decided to look up troubadours.

i found out troubadours were always males, and came of humble origins.

there was a female version of troubadours, called trobairitz, who were nobly born.

just an interesting fact i thought you would like to know

EDIT: i would also like to add that they were composers and performers, so in a way they were similar to the bard class in the fire emblem games. actual bards were poets and scholars of the medieval period.

... Are you sure you're looking at the old Norse, or something else?
Main Entry:

trou·ba·dour

Etymology:

French, from Old Occitan trobador, from trobar to compose, from Vulgar Latin *tropare, from Latin tropus trope

1 : one of a class of lyric poets and poet-musicians often of knightly rank who flourished from the 11th to the end of the 13th century chiefly in the south of France and the north of Italy and whose major theme was courtly love — compare trouvère 2 : a singer especially of folk songs

they weren't from northern europe.

yeah in FE, troubadors are only females (don't know about FE 1-5, so correct me if i'm wrong)

they weren't from northern europe.

Seems I was thinking of the Valkyrie :/

That is interesting. Thanks for that Miss. Haruhi. I guess they screwed up in Blazing sword. (I think.)

...Why would they have screwed up? There's no reason why they can't adapt the name for their own uses. If so, then Bern and Thracia, for a small example, are entirely wrong in placement and story and they were screwed up as well.

Lots of names from FE were taken from actual things. Ostia is the name of a port city in Italy, built up during the Roman Empire, Pherae was also a city in Rome's territory, The Romans called France Gallia (I find that they used it for the beast laguz ironic, because whenever the Romans referred to the people of Gaul they always described them as very 'hairy', Latin class FTW!!), and correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that Daein was a name used to refer to the Ancient greeks that I read in the Iliad. There are others, but I don't feel like finding them.

At my school, we have troubadors...I don't remember exactly what they do, but they're all girls.

I guess they don't ride horses tike their FE counterparts.

I'd like to see a real town or place which got their name into Fire Emblem.

an interesting addition:

the songs that troubadours and trobairitz would sing are oddly similar to the Galdrar that the Herons sing

another source of inspiration for the Fire Emblem games

the songs that troubadours and trobairitz would sing are oddly similar to the Galdrar that the Herons sing

Are you talking about the ending credits song that plays for Souen (FE9). 'Cause if memory serves, it's just backwards Japanese.

Are you talking about the ending credits song that plays for Souen (FE9). 'Cause if memory serves, it's just backwards Japanese.

i didn't mean the actual words, i meant the style in which they are sung