Paladins or Great Knights

The Choice is yours  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Pick one...

• Paladin
    • Great Knight

Used to like Great Knights better. Promo bonus and caps are slightly better, and from there it's axes vs 2 mov. But vykan kinda convinced me Pally >>> due to 2 mov being quite a lot more helpful than axes, since the flexibility increase is much more helpful than the slight boost in combat.

Paladin. I loathe the Great Knight animation, and the GK sprite is just ugly.

Also, I don't like having to avoid both Armorslayers AND horseslayers.

Edited by Fayt Raybrandt

Used to like Great Knights better. Promo bonus and caps are slightly better, and from there it's axes vs 2 mov. But vykan kinda convinced me Pally >>> due to 2 mov being quite a lot more helpful than axes, since the flexibility increase is much more helpful than the slight boost in combat.

Well tbh it depends on circumstance. For instance, if Forde is supporting Kyle and both are taking a 7 mov unit as their B, then it would be sensible to make them go GK since Forde wants axes to improve his fairly average attack power. However, If you have a Franz-Seth-Forde triangle going, you definitely want Forde to be a paladin so he can keep up with his partners.

Well, yeah, the convo I was referring to was talking about Franz. If Kyle has, say, MK Lute as his support partner, it doesn't matter much whether he goes with 6 or 8 move, so I suppose they'd take the axes then.

i like great knights. Armor/horse-slayers are so uncommon that the point is null, and they're great at tanking, so those are my thoughts. I have more to say about this, but I'll bring it up later.

Of all the secondary promotions, Great Knight has been the only choice I'd go with. I'm not as big a movement nut, so 8 movement isn't as big a deal to me. The only one I'd make a Great Knight is Kyle, though.

I make Franz into a Paladin so he can keep up with Seth. Forde becomes a Paladin as well so he can keep up with Franz. I haven't used Kyle much, so I don't know what I would make him.