I have a Feedback Question

Deity

I seriously suggest this is moved to FFtF before post farming occurs.

Like this post, this is pure post farmage.

Luckily, some of us realize that Post Count is pretty much a non factor.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is stupid Loki if you can't take criticism don't make art, its a part of being an artist. I'm an artist and I've been bombed alot, just fucking deal with it. People are harsh so take it and learn better yourself and prove them wrong. And Lyle your an idiot your argument is pointless

That is my 3 cents

Edited by Doom_Dragon_103

I have to say, people have to be mature enough to learn how to handle criticism. Either that, or DO NOT MAKE A FEEDBACK THREAD.

I read through the thread. What i got from it was "Shuuda is trollin'." "Feedback is supposed to be nice." "There should be no negative feedback." and perhaps the worst of all "Criticism should be censored."

First i'll address the "Shuuda is trollin'" thing. NEVER, and I repeat, NEVER, have I seen Shuuda post something inappropriate in any feedback thread. He always gives helpful tips and suggestions, and never have I seen him lose control granted, his posts do get increasingly nastier as time passes, but that only happens when people get stubborn and state that he is trolling Overall, he is a really good critic. And this goes pretty much with everyone who ever posts negative feedback. Just because that person tells you that there's something wrong in your writing doesn't mean he's trollin'.

"Feedback is supposed to be nice." "There should be no negative feedback" I lol at this statement.

Feedback

1: the return to the input of a part of the output of a machine, system, or process (as for producing changes in an electronic circuit that improve performance or in an automatic control device that provide self-corrective action)

2 a: the partial reversion of the effects of a process to its source or to a preceding stage b: the transmission of evaluative or corrective information about an action, event, or process to the original or controlling source ; also : the information so transmitted

3: a rumbling, whining, or whistling sound resulting from an amplified or broadcast signal (as music or speech) that has been returned as input and retransmitted

NEVER, in that definition of feedback, do i see that it's supposed to be nice. instead, i see that it is a sort of 'evaluation' of the work. But this point is moot, since discussion usually doesn't turn nasty until people say that the criticizer is wrong for posting HIS FEEDBACK!

"Criticism should be censored" receives a huge NO! from me. That is basically censoring the point of view of people who do not agree with the writer. How unfair is that? Why should someone who doesn't agree with the writer keep his opinions to himself when everybody else is fawning about how good his writing is? And it's not only unfair to the criticizer, but for the writer too. He is willingly forbidding negative feedback, which not only prevents the writer to improve his or her writing but also leads him or her to believe that his writing is perfect. Which it will never be, since NOBODY is a perfect writer.

People should be thankful that someone is actually taking the time to read through their fiction and post something relevant that would help them improve their writing. If we allow censorship, we might as well just have some tyrannical mod who won't allow us to post anything at all in the feedback board.

NO TO FEEDBACK CENSORSHIP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have to say, people have to be mature enough to learn how to handle criticism. Either that, or DO NOT MAKE A FEEDBACK THREAD.

I read through the thread. What i got from it was "Shuuda is trollin'." "Feedback is supposed to be nice." "There should be no negative feedback." and perhaps the worst of all "Criticism should be censored."

First i'll address the "Shuuda is trollin'" thing. NEVER, and I repeat, NEVER, have I seen Shuuda post something inappropriate in any feedback thread. He always gives helpful tips and suggestions, and never have I seen him lose control granted, his posts do get increasingly nastier as time passes, but that only happens when people get stubborn and state that he is trolling Overall, he is a really good critic. And this goes pretty much with everyone who ever posts negative feedback. Just because that person tells you that there's something wrong in your writing doesn't mean he's trollin'.

"Feedback is supposed to be nice." "There should be no negative feedback" I lol at this statement.

NEVER, in that definition of feedback, do i see that it's supposed to be nice. instead, i see that it is a sort of 'evaluation' of the work. But this point is moot, since discussion usually doesn't turn nasty until people say that the criticizer is wrong for posting HIS FEEDBACK!

"Criticism should be censored" receives a huge NO! from me. That is basically censoring the point of view of people who do not agree with the writer. How unfair is that? Why should someone who doesn't agree with the writer keep his opinions to himself when everybody else is fawning about how good his writing is? And it's not only unfair to the criticizer, but for the writer too. He is willingly forbidding negative feedback, which not only prevents the writer to improve his or her writing but also leads him or her to believe that his writing is perfect. Which it will never be, since NOBODY is a perfect writer.

People should be thankful that someone is actually taking the time to read through their fiction and post something relevant that would help them improve their writing. If we allow censorship, we might as well just have some tyrannical mod who won't allow us to post anything at all in the feedback board.

NO TO FEEDBACK CENSORSHIP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

;_; and we tried to say this 5000 times to lyle before. Thank you for understanding what we've been trying to get into his head

Indeed.

If feedback is going to be censored, just remove the feedback board since it'll be pointless and all it will serve is to give people +1 in their post count.

Indeed.

If feedback is going to be censored, just remove the feedback board since it'll be pointless and all it will serve is to give people +1 in their post count.

The thing is, it WONT be censored. The only people that are for it are two emotionally unstable people who cant take criticism, and i still worry how they'll get by IRL like that. Like we've said hundreds of times already, "Dont want it? Dont make the topic or post your story"

The thing is, it WONT be censored. The only people that are for it are two emotionally unstable people who cant take criticism, and i still worry how they'll get by IRL like that. Like we've said hundreds of times already, "Dont want it? Dont make the topic or post your story"

Where did I say I didn't want criticism?

Where did I say I didn't want criticism?

You've been arguing in favor of mindless back-patting and compliments for a good portion of this thread. That's not criticism.

You've been arguing in favor of mindless back-patting and compliments for a good portion of this thread. That's not criticism.

No. I've been arguing for the writer's choice to choose whether he wants it or not.

As a writer, I DO want criticism in my thread. However, I could understand if someone else didn't want it for whatever reason they may have.

No. I've been arguing for the writer's choice to choose whether he wants it or not.

As a writer, I DO want criticism in my thread. However, I could understand if someone else didn't want it for whatever reason they may have.

Then why did you keep going like "SHUUDA UR TROLLIN"?

It's not happening, your arguments are going nowhere, so just stop.

Then why did you keep going like "SHUUDA UR TROLLIN"?

Because, while he's providing criticism, he's got an attitude with it, that I feel makes him a troll. Plus, he only seems to criticise so he can insult someone. His intention doesn't seem to be to help.

It's not happening, your arguments are going nowhere, so just stop.

I can see that it's not happening. I really don't care if it does or doesn't, since it won't really affect me, since I want feedback. But I still think it should be the writer's choice.

Because, while he's providing criticism, he's got an attitude with it, that I feel makes him a troll. Plus, he only seems to criticise so he can insult someone. His intention doesn't seem to be to help.

I can see that it's not happening. I really don't care if it does or doesn't, since it won't really affect me, since I want feedback. But I still think it should be the writer's choice.

I've had an attitude with every post i've made in this topic save the ones directed to bianchi. Does that make me a troll?

Yeah, you've said that a shitload of times and no1 says that they don't understand what you're getting at so why do you keep bringing it up? The only thing you're doing with that is just implying that you're not comprehending what Death and every1 else has been saying. Stop it.

Oh for fuck... >_>.

Edited by Levin

I've had an attitude with every post i've made in this topic save the ones directed to bianchi. Does that make me a troll?

Yeah.

Yeah, you've said that a shitload of times and no1 says that they don't understand what you're getting at so why do you keep bringing it up? The only thing you're doing with that is just implying that you're not comprehending what Death and every1 else has been saying. Stop it.

No. I do get what you guys are saying. And I understand that you don't want it to be censored, but I think there's something to be said for the writer's feelings.

This is just my opinion. I'm just trying to explain my viewpoint.

Yeah.

No. I do get what you guys are saying. And I understand that you don't want it to be censored, but I think there's something to be said for the writer's feelings.

This is just my opinion. I'm just trying to explain my viewpoint.

Hahahahhahah.

I can be pissed off and still posting truthful and valuable words, which i've been doing 2 foot jimmy the hero :D

I just looked at the second Lyle quote in levin's previous post, and I must say, I currently have the expression of death's avatar.

what? Because I have a different opinion? Get over it dude.