DBZ is being reanimated.

bunny: spider bitten

Rockin HD Biatch.

The image cells are also being expanded to 16:9 with added detail.

And they're making it shorter. The first 219 episodes are being compressed into 100.

For those who don't know, that means they are taking everything before the time skip and compressing it. Filler is being cut, Namek taking 5 minutes to blow up will actually be closer to 5 minutes, and so on.

kinda sad that Toriyama hates the series that ended up being the most popular he ever created.

The fact that Dr. Slump doesn't get half of the love that DBZ gets is sadder.

DBZ sucked after Freeza.

That's like saying Pokemon sucked after season 1, only with even less truth since DBZ's later seasons weren't quite as similar as Pokemon's.

I liked the Buu saga the best, though. And is there a source for this information?

kinda sad that Toriyama hates the series that ended up being the most popular he ever created.

Usually, creators wind up getting upset and start hating a series when fans keep bringing up their older works time and time again. That's ironic as well that one of the series he hated became the most beloved he ever created. Also seeing how his company drove him to make more and more DBZ he must had gotten tired.

in an interview, he said it was mostly because he hated drawing manga, because he was being forced to continue drawing it, and because he thought that it was pointless to continue it when it was practically impossible to continue making Goku stronger and stronger which is why he came up with the whole Super Saiyan thing in the first place

That's like saying Pokemon sucked after season 1, only with even less truth since DBZ's later seasons weren't quite as similar as Pokemon's.

I liked the Buu saga the best, though. And is there a source for this information?

Freeza's saga was great; every episode in that particular one hinted at Freeza being just off the charts in terms of abilities and power. And while it was kind of corny, the last bits were great.

Then he was pressed, and kept going with the Cell saga. And it was alright, I guess. I liked Trunks as a character when he first appeared, but by the end I wasn't liking it as much as I had beforehand. And then came the Buu saga, which in and of itself just felt ridiculous, lame, and not fun to watch. If Dragonball in general had hit a decline after Freeza, it hit rock bottom with the Buu saga.

Or it would have been rock bottom, if it didn't keep going again.

you mean GT? i think GT was an improvement from the Cell and Buu saga. at least it didn't have the same formula from the past seasons.

but that's just my opinion.

Not really, Freeza was beating the crap out of everybody in his 2nd form.

Then Piccolo powers up, Freeza turns into Alien and kicks his ass.

It kept going until it was Goku x Freeza's last form WITH 1% OF HIS STRENGHT. It was awesome.

Then, it came Cell, which was made of the DNA of some other guys here and there, and was cheap, with all the regenerating shits and giggles and also multi forms.

Then Buu. It started pretty promising, with Gohan as the main character, but then, he was ditched out to be a minor character again and it was all about Goku taking out multi forms of a regenerating pink alien that can also absorb the powers of the other fighters by turning them into chocolate and eating them. And there was Uub.

Not really, Freeza was beating the crap out of everybody in his 2nd form.

Then Piccolo powers up, Freeza turns into Alien and kicks his ass.

It kept going until it was Goku x Freeza's last form WITH 1% OF HIS STRENGHT. It was awesome.

Then, it came Cell, which was made of the DNA of some other guys here and there, and was cheap, with all the regenerating shits and giggles and also multi forms.

Then Buu. It started pretty promising, with Gohan as the main character, but then, he was ditched out to be a minor character again and it was all about Goku taking out multi forms of a regenerating pink alien that can also absorb the powers of the other fighters by turning them into chocolate and eating them. And there was Uub.

Executive meddling all the way.

Freeza's saga was great; every episode in that particular one hinted at Freeza being just off the charts in terms of abilities and power. And while it was kind of corny, the last bits were great.

Then he was pressed, and kept going with the Cell saga. And it was alright, I guess. I liked Trunks as a character when he first appeared, but by the end I wasn't liking it as much as I had beforehand. And then came the Buu saga, which in and of itself just felt ridiculous, lame, and not fun to watch. If Dragonball in general had hit a decline after Freeza, it hit rock bottom with the Buu saga.

It's said Toriyama wanted to stop after Goku x Freeza. Goku is the legendary Super Saiyan and dies in Namek, the universe is safe, etc.

But it was selling a bit too well.

Edited by Anborn Arsar

To be fair, Mr. Satan is probably one of the most awesome characters in the anime.

EDIT: And the high-point of the Cell Saga, along with Trunks.

Edited by Oushin

ironically, my favorite part of the buu saga was when Videl was training to fly. why? because you actually saw improvement and the power wasn't all talk like everybody else.

"Its over 9000!" ok, so?

Executive meddling all the way.

It's said Toriyama wanted to stop after Goku x Freeza. Goku is the legendary Super Saiyan and dies in Namek, the universe is safe, etc.

But it was selling a bit too well.

that would've been the healthiest ending to the series.

or at least to the Goku saga.

To be fair, Mr. Satan is probably one of the most awesome characters in the anime.

EDIT: And the high-point of the Cell Saga, along with Trunks.

Indeed.

I was talking with some people about how many characters kept on getting obsoleted, even Gohan got obsoleted, but then I realized... Mr. Satan ended up the opposite, going from comic relief to actually being an important character.

Gohan was supposed to defeat Boo.

Toriyama's superiors were not amused.

I was talking with some people about how many characters kept on getting obsoleted, even Gohan got obsoleted, but then I realized... Mr. Satan ended up the opposite, going from comic relief to actually being an important character.

Mr. Satan still was the comic relief when he was important. And maybe he and his dog are the only characters that didn't die.

Mr. Satan still was the comic relief when he was important. And maybe he and his dog are the only characters that didn't die.

Incredible people actually like him, he's very funny though.

Incredible people actually like him, he's very funny though.

What? He's one of the most sympathetic characters in the anime.And actually is strong, but the main characters and villains are so off the charts he looks like a weaklingg