DBZ is being reanimated.

bunny: spider bitten

you mean GT? i think GT was an improvement from the Cell and Buu saga. at least it didn't have the same formula from the past seasons.

GT is one of the worst anime I've ever seen; it managed to take a franchise that was failing, set it afire, and then piss on the ashes.

Villains were ridiculous and somehow even cornier than they were in the past, fights were boring, they tacked on another SSJ form that looked utterly horrible...

The list goes on and on.

GT is one of the worst anime I've ever seen; it managed to take a franchise that was failing, set it afire, and then piss on the ashes.

Villains were ridiculous and somehow even cornier than they were in the past, fights were boring, they tacked on another SSJ form that looked utterly horrible...

The list goes on and on.

that may be true. after all, i was a bratty little kid back then, so i probably have the wrong idea about the show.

but meh, i'm not willing to watch the anime again.

I might end up watching this if it's an episode a week simply because that's not a very big time commitment.

Though it occurs to me that the Garlic Junior Saga might be getting cut as it was basically filler. Sad, I remember liking it. Reason was probably how the whole thing lasted like, 9 episodes instead of more than 50.

Mr. Satan still was the comic relief when he was important. And maybe he and his dog are the only characters that didn't die.

Kaioshin (the young one, not the old one) is the other exception, although he fused with Kibito (who did die during the Boo saga) near the end of the manga.

Kaioshin (the young one, not the old one) is the other exception, although he fused with Kibito (who did die during the Boo saga) near the end of the manga.

And although he was a quite important character, he was also left aside.

What was the point of Gohan getting through another training from hell, getting that ohso awesome sword, then being ditched out, AGAIN. He was a mere coadjuvant in GT, to make matters worse.

What was the point of Gohan getting through another training from hell, getting that ohso awesome sword, then being ditched out, AGAIN. He was a mere coadjuvant in GT, to make matters worse.

The point was him beating Boo, just like he did with Cell.

However, as I said, Toriyama's superiors were not amused.

GT didn't exist.

Edited by Anborn Arsar

The point was him beating Boo, just like he did with Cell.

However, as I said, Toriyama's superiors were not amused.

So he basically told his idea to his superiors, they noded and it still got animated?

Doesn't stop it from being bs in the anime.

So he basically told his idea to his superiors, they noded and it still got animated?

Doesn't stop it from being bs in the anime.

... no. He told the idea to his superiors (or they noticed where he was going), and they forced him to make Goku beat Boo instead.

And then Gohan's training from hell was useless.

... no. He told the idea to his superiors (or they noticed where he was going), and they forced him to make Goku beat Boo instead.

And then Gohan's training from hell was useless.

I still wonder why it was animated, with all the nodding and stuff to this idea.

I still wonder why it was animated, with all the nodding and stuff to this idea.

Well... if you sheck Wikipedia, you'll see that the manga ended in 1995, and the anime ended in early 1996. Besides, there were fillers to prevent the anime from catching up with the manga.

My guess is that Toriyama's superiors only noticed what was happening when Gohan was already undertaking his training from hell in both.

Well... if you sheck Wikipedia, you'll see that the manga ended in 1995, and the anime ended in early 1996. Besides, there were fillers to prevent the anime from catching up with the manga.

My guess is that Toriyama's superiors only noticed what was happening when Gohan was already undertaking his training from hell in both.

The manga also had the training from hell?Only read DB(better than DBZ)

Speaking of specials, only that and Bardock's special were good. Everything else sucked. :|

Do movies count as "specials"?

The manga also had the training from hell?Only read DB(better than DBZ)

Well, I didn't read it, but I presume so.

Do movies count as "specials"?

Technically no. Specials (Trunks & Bardock) have a solid place in the canon storyline. The same can't be said of the movies (which is why they suck, I guess).

Technically no. Specials (Trunks & Bardock) have a solid place in the canon storyline. The same can't be said of the movies (which is why they suck, I guess).

Yeah, I'll just pretend that Goku didn't have an 0ber cousin and another brother.

Though I consider Cooler.

Wait a minute, how exactly did Toriyamas superiors force Toriyama to continue the manga? Did they threaten to fire him or something?

depending on your contract, once you sign your series into a publishing company or something, your creation practically belongs to them and they can do whatever they want with it, and that includes continuing the series without the creator.

Look at our comic strip authors recently. Bill Watterson had to go through a lawsuit in order to claim his ownership of the comic series Calvin and Hobbes. i wouldn't be surprised if it was a similar situation here.

Edited by Ananke

Oh, wait I was including them with movies. Yeah, the movies were pretty bad imo..

Bad and/or overrated.

Why give Brolly 3 movies!? HE EVEN TURNS INTO A FREAKING SWAMP MONSTEEEEERRR.

Oh, wait I was including them with movies. Yeah, the movies were pretty bad imo..

I dunno, as a kid The World's Strongest and The Tree of Might I always liked. Supporting characters seemed to have a bigger role, from what I remember, and the plots usually seemed pretty cool.

I watched up until Buu was revealed. I loved the Freeza Saga, the Cell saga was ok until Cell started changing forms. Then Buu had tension as to what the hell were they trying to awaken...The fights seemed a bit anticlimactic, but then Buu's shell opened...and up went the smoke...what will it change to?...

...It might as well have been a middle finger. I stopped there, as them fighting that...thing....after all the tension, the big huge enemy was that THING? I didn't even know (or care) it had another form or it absorbed power by turning them into chocolate. Them having a serious fight with that thing would be the dumbest thing I'd ever seen.

Poor Toriyama...Must be like putting down a horse that has served as a good racer for years after some snobby punks came and started poisoning it...He got it nice and strong, only to be weakened over time at the fault of punks to the point of a sad state...