Interested in Learning

Deity

*Gets ready for insults*

Anyway, so who would be interested in talking about personal beliefs? We might actually learn from each other. Or at least hear/see what goes on in here.

If you don't want to participate in this sorta thing, then by all means, nobody is forcing you to, but there are a few religious peeps here that could benefit from sharing their views with each other. So I'd very much appreciate it if you people don't come and ruin this.

If we do it in a civilized manner, peeps, I believe that we can pull it off.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Proud Christian right here!

Anyway, you probably already know the gist of it, seeing as it has around 2 billion followers (or so I've heard). But there's one thing I need to get out right now, Christians believe Jesus and God are the same person. I hate it how so many people don't know this, but it is true.

EDIT: Woah what the heck people can be quite immature.

Edited by Yourgranny

This was tried before (sort of) and it failed. It's not gonna work this time either, specially since you're the target of many flames so this thread will just end up being another flame war.

I know this, but I can just ignore those that tend to come and be rude. As to making it happen, there is always a first time for something.

CONGRATS FOR ASKING FOR CIVIL MANNERS IN FAR FROM THE FUCKING FOREST MORON

FFTF might be spam, but nowhere does it say that it isn't for a civilized thread.

Proud Christian right here!

Anyway, you probably already know the gist of it, seeing as it has around 2 billion followers (or so I've heard). But there's one thing I need to get out right now, Christians believe Jesus and God are the same person. I hate it how so many people don't know this, but it is true.

EDIT: Woah what the heck people can be quite immature.

I'd like to know why you think that is true...care to share with me what you know?

I know this, but I can just ignore those that tend to come and be rude. As to making it happen, there is always a first time for something.

Except you don't ignore them.

@bold: Not exactly... and this certainly isn't gonna be the time for a civilized conversation of this subject to happen.

I'd like to know why you think that is true...care to share with me what you know?

Well, I'm not in the mood for arguing, but I'd say probably most Christians believe this. And if you're gonna argue with me, I'll leave.

All right. You may or may not have heard of the Trinity. The Trinity refers to God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit (the good will in all Christians) as being one and the same. Since God can do anything, what's restricting him from being three beings at once?

Except you don't ignore them.

@bold: Not exactly... and this certainly isn't gonna be the time for a civilized conversation of this subject to happen.

Cause they don't ignore me. XD

Why not? Because there are so many of us who think different? That's messed up. How is a civilized topic to remain that; civilized, when nobody follows the rules? If we stick to being nice, hear people out, offer views etc, it can happen.

I'm a Catholic hating Protestant who wants revenge on those bastards who ruined our religion. I want to bomb every Catholic church in the world in replace it with a Protestant one.

In all seriousness, I'm a Pentecostal Christian. I believe in the Holy Trinity (God, Jesus, and the Holy Ghost) but I also believe that God and Jesus are two separate Divine people (bite me Yourgranny). I will however, never force my religion down anyone throats and I do not believe that my religion is the right one. I'm faithful to it, but no religion is right.

Also, I don't give a damn what faith-based religion you belong to or if you don't even believe in a god. I'm not going to fight over somebody else veiwpoints.

Anyways, this is going to end well!

Edited by Proud_Black_Man

Well, I'm not in the mood for arguing, but I'd say probably most Christians believe this. And if you're gonna argue with me, I'll leave.

All right. You may or may not have heard of the Trinity. The Trinity refers to God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit (the good will in all Christians) as being one and the same. Since God can do anything, what's restricting him from being three beings at once?

There are many views I can share with ya on this matter, that however, is up to you. I can elighten those that wish to hear what I have to say, I wont force anyone to.

I'm a Catholic hating Protestant who wants revenge on those bastards who ruined our religion. I want to bomb every Catholic church in the world in replace it with a Protestant one.

In all seriousness, I'm a Pentecostal Christian. I believe in the Holy Trinity (God, Jesus, and the Holy Ghost) but I also believe that God and Jesus are two separate Divine people (bite me Yourgranny). I will however, never force my religion down anyone throats and I do not believe that my religion is the right one. I'm faithful to it, but no religion is right.

Also, I don't give a damn what faith-based religion you belong to or if you don't even believe in a god. I'm not going to fight over somebody else veiwpoints.

Anyways, this is going to end well!

It's good to know you believe, for you are right in one way...Religion really doesn't matter, because in the end, God will not only take those from a single religion, but from others as well that truly believed in his word and obeyed his commandments. All in all, as long as you truly believe in him, his plans, etc, you are more than saved.

I believe that there is a father, a son and yes, the holy spirit, all three seperate things at once, not together. For one thing, an all-father is mentioned through out the bible, as well as his son, Jesus. And the holy spirit, which now adays gives us believers the endurance and good will to go on.

The bible is not just simple words and texts, if you dig deeper, you find the real meanings of many of the things written there. Heck, I love reading it, I always find something to explore, something to enrich my life with. Any problem I might have to face, I go to the bible and there is always something there that helps me break through, as if God himself tells me where exactly to look. This might sound spooky, but sometimes the answer to many of my problems/doubts is given on the exact page that I open my bible.

My religion, like any other, has its doubts, etc. So as long as we stick to believing, telling others about how they can be saved and maintaining our faiths intact, we are more than saved.

So as long as we stick to believing, telling others about how they can be saved and maintaining our faiths intact, we are more than saved.

Haven't you guys been doing that "believing" thing for a while now? Maybe it is time to update your beliefs to current discoveries.

Jehovah's Witness are nothing more than bad salesmen. They come up, advertise their religion with a load of bogus promises (without any proof I might add). Use some scary tactics about how Satan (a figure which has no place in our morally developed modern society) is going to destroy us all. Nothing but a load of stories about how a book written by men is somehow the unquestionable word of a super being Mary Sue.

You want nothing more than to take away all the wonderful progress that mankind has made, and drag us all back to a time where illnesses were possessions of evil, and people who were different were shun as heretics. You want to bring mankind to an intellectual dead end by sticking a "God" label on anything that cannot be explained.

Religious superstition is dangerous to the world. Thank goodness that you have no actual proof, so at least intelligent people will never take you seriously.

I believe that if God did exist, he would be majorly pissed by the bad name religion has given him/her/it. Not to mention all the crap they've done in his/her/its' name.

Here is a fun game to place: why don't I go and count how many lives were saved by religious superstition, and you can go count the number of lives that common sense and science has saved. And no, claiming that we are going to be saved by God does not count unless you can prove it (not that the word has any meaning to you).

Edited by Shuuda

I believe that Primus is God and gave up his body for our planet, that Optimus sacrificed himself to save us all, and that Rodimus is the Chosen One and he shall lead us 'Til All Are One. (And don't believe in the Quintesson heresy. it's all lies)

Edited by Fruitloop Multipuck

I believe that Primus is God and gave up his body for our planet, that Optimus sacrificed himself to save us all, and that Rodimus is the Chosen One and he shall lead us til all are one. (Don't believe in the Quintesson heresy!)

Yeah well, I'm a Megatronist. :lol:

Awwww. I was so looking forward to another religion topic, but I can already tell you haughty sobs are gonna ruin it again. I'm not sure whether to get on board or just keep on flying. You guys suck :mellow:

Awwww. I was so looking forward to another religion topic, but I can already tell you haughty sobs are gonna ruin it again. I'm not sure whether to get on board or just keep on flying. You guys suck :mellow:

Welcome to FFtF buddy. ;)

Sorry, but that's just the way it is.

Religious discussion can only work when the ones discussing share the same religious beliefs. Otherwise, the obvious conclusion is a flame war.

No exceptions.

Edited by Anborn Arsar

Religious discussion can only work when the ones discussing share the same religious beliefs. Otherwise, the obvious conclusion is a flame war.

No exceptions.

Is that Esau too? Dammit! :(