Wi-fi thread

Robert

Brave weapons are not just overpowered, they're broken. That strategy won't work and here's why.

Umbra Card

Enemy sends a scout to spot you

Enemy charges you with brave weapons, utterly destroying all units without being countered (bows), being weakly countered (handaxes, javelins) or have no chance of surviving the attack (mages).

You can still equip your units with silver weapons (or the brave weapons from the weekends you played to train your team) when you construct your team. Then switch to ranged weapons when you know where your opponent's units are.

Silver weapons are in all ways inferior to braves, but that does not mean they aren't viable at all.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

why sure

Ogma:

horseman max stats, max brave sword/bow

Barst:

berserker max stats, max brave

Abel:

paladin max stats, max brave sword/lance

Cord:

berserker max stats, max brave

Cain:

paladin max stats, max brave sword/lance

yawn

Apotrope card I guess?

My team has good units, but no good weapons. I have to wait an entire month to get the brave set.

I now plan on making a team called 'Gaiden' that uses the 5 characters you get in gaiden chapters (Athena, Horace, Etzel, Ymir, Nagi) just for fun. Any reclass suggestions?

Etzel is fine in his default class, since you will need a mage character anyway. Athena as a sniper? Horace/Ymir -> Berserkers?

Are you going to RNG abuse or are you planning to go with whatever the games gives you?

Edited by Tamara

I now plan on making a team called 'Gaiden' that uses the 5 characters you get in gaiden chapters (Athena, Horace, Etzel, Ymir, Nagi) just for fun. Any reclass suggestions?

You will have to RNG abuse... and arena abuse, but it can turn out plausible.

Do you happen to have a team with jeorge?

yeah, I have a team with Jeorge. I cant work my wi-fi though.

for Gaiden team I'm going to arena abuse (RNG takes too freaking long for me though) except for Ymir since last arena is chapter 20 =(

What to do with my awesome Radd (not RNG abused)

His stats are (L20/1):

HP 41

Str 16

Mag 1

Skill 19

Spd 20

Lck 8

Def 14

Res 3

He got really lucky with his str and def, but I don't know what I should do with him now. He will be swordmaster at L20/20, but I was wondering if I should RNG abuse him as a sage/bishop for a while and give him a Levin Sword...

Radd(y) is amazing. He was one of my favorites in fe3.

However, while having nice stats, he was outclassed from my final team by the tri attack.

My Radd died on Gaiden playthrough. Athena is doing good and I don't have anyone else who's going to be on the team yet. Also I think I need to use Athena more.

What to do with my awesome Radd (not RNG abused)

His stats are (L20/1):

HP 41

Str 16

Mag 1

Skill 19

Spd 20

Lck 8

Def 14

Res 3

He got really lucky with his str and def, but I don't know what I should do with him now. He will be swordmaster at L20/20, but I was wondering if I should RNG abuse him as a sage/bishop for a while and give him a Levin Sword...

Eh... if that was your plan it'd be better to do it pre-promote. Radd's natural Magic is 0 Growth. Meaning his top growth is 20% At least Pre-Pro you can eek out a one in 3 (Approx). I'd say try to take more advantage of that luck in Str/Def and make him a Paladin for a little while. If you're not using a mage (or know your mage will get an effective Magic Stat) if you wanna Levin Sword just dump every Spirit Dust on him.

Eh... if that was your plan it'd be better to do it pre-promote. Radd's natural Magic is 0 Growth. Meaning his top growth is 20% At least Pre-Pro you can eek out a one in 3 (Approx). I'd say try to take more advantage of that luck in Str/Def and make him a Paladin for a little while. If you're not using a mage (or know your mage will get an effective Magic Stat) if you wanna Levin Sword just dump every Spirit Dust on him.

If I RNG abuse the hell out of him I could get him to 10 mag and still have a chance of maxing str and def. That was what I was thinking. One unit with all stats maxed (okay, maybe not luck...), to scare the hell out of newbies. But maybe Est would serve that purpose better...

Navarre

HP 59

Str 23

Mag 1

Skill 26

Spd 30

Lck 21

Def 12

Res 3

Now THIS is an RNG blessing. No stat boosters used yet this game. I'm definitely going to incorporate him into my team.

He's got great strength, which is the main reason, above average defense (11.6 is average), above average health by a few points, and all for a small luck trade. I think it's good. I'll have to determine how many defensive stat boosters to give him, though, they might do better on a paladin.

Edited by Vali

But by reclassing he loses 4 speed, and therefore will require a speed wing or 2 to double paladins, which could be better spent on others.

Edited by Vali

Chapter 13 normal, actually. I haven't used any stat boosters and have gotten all of the possible ones so far.

Out of curiosity, which swordmasters can actually put up a good fight against a berserker without massive defense boosters? The lack of avoid, ability to forge insane hit, and loss of 5 in the weapon triangle generally puts the class at a big disadvantage. Thank god there aren't sword slayers.

Edited by Vali

Chapter 13 normal, actually. I haven't used any stat boosters and have gotten all of the possible ones so far.

Don't use them during the story, ever. If you beat the game and keep them, you'll be able to use them when making a squad.

Anyway, if you can't make him a sniper, see if you can get a better Swordmaster and ditch him because that DEF is gonna get him killed with ease.

Make him Sniper. A Swordsmaster usually wants at least 18 def, so it can survive brave axes.

19 DEF is needed to survive. 18 is 30x2. So they will die unless they are on a fort.