Wi-Fi Cheaters Thread

shane3x

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No it doesn't. The RNG is VERY easy to abuse.

Do tell. The random seed is reset every power cycle (or determined based on the frame you hit the button) and there is no way to tell wheat the RNs currently are. You may be able to burn RNs but its of no benefit when you don't know either way.

Resetting the game until you get good level ups isn't RNG abuse. If anything it is RNG brute (as in brute force) because there is no burning numbers to only keep the good ones like FE7 (8+6?) RNG abuse. Maybe i'm just weird for wanting to keep the RNG abuse term for games where the RNs are fixed (the random seed is save contents*), can be partially seen and so can be manipulated to meaningful advantage

*-The complted playthroughs data and the current file data...there might be more

I suppose you are abusing the fact the random seed is actually random (or random enough as in set by things beyond human control) but I can't shake the whole association with the FE7 RNG abuse.

And that's why I bought up the things only achieved via RNG abusing, i.e 32 move.

RNG abusing 32 move.

Do tell. typo? sarcasm?

meant to say things NOT achieved by RNG abusing

Blahblahblah. BLADE ROLL!

Aren't you being awfully nitpicky? It's more or less the exact same thing: Abusing the game in one way or another to achieve the highest stats possible. Via abusing battle saves/arenas, it's time consuming rather than difficult. All you need is a character not having a 0% growth in an area, and they're guaranteed to max that.

Edited by Sweet Tooth

It is possible to RNG abuse with map saves (have not tested with quick saves, but if it works for quick saves, then it will work for arena abusing as well).

Changing the date on your DS, saving the time settings then quickly resetting and turning on the game will net you predicable RNs if you load up a map save. Map your RNs, then reset and then use those RNs to your advantage.

Edited by Chainey

If anyone cares, I just ran into one of those hackers.

That's nice to inform us and all, but including some info like the player name, team name, why you think he is hacking etc... would be helpful.

That's nice to inform us and all, but including some info like the player name, team name, why you think he is hacking etc... would be helpful.

Player called himself Edward. I didn't get a good look at his team name. But I don't find it likely for Elice to be a Level 1 Bishop around endgame. (Even with good stats.) But I could tell he was hacking because, well, it's not everyday that you see her carrying the Maph/Imhullu tome. (Or anyone else with capped stats all around.)

EDIT: Forgot about the battle record feature. The team this "Edward" used was called "~Rule~"

Edited by Little Al

Player called himself Edward. I didn't get a good look at his team name. But I don't find it likely for Elice to be a Level 1 Bishop around endgame. (Even with good stats.) But I could tell he was hacking because, well, it's not everyday that you see her carrying the Maph/Imhullu tome. (Or anyone else with capped stats all around.)

EDIT: Forgot about the battle record feature. The team this "Edward" used was called "~Rule~"

It is possible to get Elice 20/20 by the end of the game, it just requires a lot of babying. The Imhullu tome does confirm he was hacking though.

Maybe I'll compile a list at the start to make it easier for people to see all names mentioned here.

It is possible to RNG abuse with map saves (have not tested with quick saves, but if it works for quick saves, then it will work for arena abusing as well).

Changing the date on your DS, saving the time settings then quickly resetting and turning on the game will net you predicable RNs if you load up a map save. Map your RNs, then reset and then use those RNs to your advantage.

This is just the news I wanted to hear :) . It is a bit of a hassle to back up the save at each step with quick saves but indeed it is possible.

One bit I don't understand is changing the clock. I understand it changes the RN state but the rest of your post suggests the state is set as the game boots up. I need to clarify the italiced bit.

If that the soft-reset *L+R+Start+Select* or hard reset (turn off DS, turn DS back on)?

If it is soft-reset, changing the clock while being able to help in the future (since provided map and playthorugh count are not part of the state you can get back to the state) is still marred in huge uncertainty (you can work them out perfectly by finding certain things like attacks hitting, growths increasing or not etc...except, we don't fully understand how the RNs are used up) due to there being no way to currently view the DS memory.

What i'm saying is the changing clock step is only required if you want to return to that specific RN state later on which you did when testing it to make sure the clock was the dominant RN state setting

I guess the possibility of being able to return to certain RN states ultimately make it more abusable than the GBA FE games (the GBA FEs just have better technology currently with memory viewing emulators...do any DS emulators even work with the clock yet?) but for now it is a bit of a shot in the dark.

Let's see here.

No canto.

No dancers.

No again staff (this will break book 2 wifi, btw).

No movement stars.

Yep, it'd be hacking.

The reason why I asked is because I fought against someone like that online, and simply put, with that thing I asked about, that person was, well, you know.

Edited by Little Al

I'll add him to the list. I've found another one. His player name was Zyle and his team was called Dark Hearts. All units had max stats and movement, Horace (who was a sorcerer) had Imhullu and Starlight had 99/13 uses.

I am versing my first cheater now.

Name: D J

Squad: lol

reason- ALL maxed stats, weapons with 99/X durability, units move as many times as they want, and attack the darkness with torch, 33 movement (The latter may not be a cheat.)

Edited by Asvel

My brother faced a dude that had all his people have 80 HP. The game eventually froze itself.

Maybe he just bumped the ds/game card and it froze, then again 80 HP people is haxed for sure. Does he remember anything about the person?

I wonder if its possible to cause your opponents game to fatal error. Is it?

I doubt that, sometimes how im holding my ds or how im sitting causes my ds to bump against something. Hard enough to freeze the game sometimes.

I am versing my first cheater now.

Name: D J

Squad: lol

reason- ALL maxed stats, weapons with 99/X durability, units move as many times as they want, and attack the darkness, torch, 33 movement (The latter may not be a cheat.)

I know you can RNA to get more movement but I don't quite see how that works. I'll add it to the list.

This hacker was fun. All stats maxed out, Items like Door key were forged, All items had 99/X uses, All units could move multiply times during the same turn.

His player name was bao stinks, team name was BBB