URFBOWND

Not Changed by VASM :(

I have Mother 3 (imported cartridge, not the ROM ;]). I actually just beat it Monday, after much procrastination. I found it quite enjoyable although I guess I didn't like having to always have a translated script nearby.

I have Mother 3 (imported cartridge, not the ROM ;]). I actually just beat it Monday, after much procrastination. I found it quite enjoyable although I guess I didn't like having to always have a translated script nearby.

There is a translation patch already.

As for Earthbound, the secret is at the Bar Cafe's walls. Or balcony, don't remember.

I played Mother 2, and stopped about the part where there's ghosts in the tunnel or something like that. Mother 1 too, but only for an instance.

The Mother series, outside of its music, has little that actually resonates with me. Though I've been thinking about trying the games another time.

Earthbound's good. I only recently figured out you didn't have to beat the second of the "seven caves of RPG standard" without Paula. That was hard lol.

O. M. G.

Huge Earthbound fan here! i have the SNES cart and boy i love it! its one of the best RPGs ever made in my opinion..i love the simplicity and the crazy enemies!

its all about Moonside! "HEY parking meters! And youre walking around!" one of the greatest game quotes ever!

Just here to say "YES". The Earthbound series is wonderful. I'm happy to say I played the SNES game before I turned 10, me and my bro bought it at a store for $8 without any knowledge of what it was (no instruction book or anything).

Never played mother for NES but I should try it sometime.

Buy bottle rockets. Specially the big ones.

Don't forget the rabbits foot since bottle rockets accuracy is deternmied in the difference between Jeffs speed and the enemy. The multi-versions are basically 20 bottle rockets fired at once and the damage is summed for the total. Higher speed=more hits=more damage.

But yeah, they're your main boss killers. The fact bosses can go down in 2 turns in Eartbound really gives me that 8-bit vibe to the game.

The Mother series, outside of its music, has little that actually resonates with me. Though I've been thinking about trying the games another time.

You should. It seems odd that you being a Dragon Quest fan can't get into them as they are basically the same thing. Also, Mother 3, NOW!

I would recomend everyone skip Mother 1 unless you are using the Easy mode patch. And even then the games messed up difficulty curve may still mess you up (simply put they're are not enough bits of wepaonry or armour so your equipment makes leaps and bounds in strength but too infrequently).

Otherwise the slow pace really kills it for me. I end up just jamming fast-forward down. I want to listen to the music but the pace of the thing...its like with most old RPGs to be honest...plus the Japanese version had an even slower walking speed :(

Ah, and for newcomers on Mother 3/Earthbound 2, there is a rythm system when you do an attack.If you press A sychronyzed to the music, it will do more hits and more damage, until you miss the beat.

Or something like that.

You should. It seems odd that you being a Dragon Quest fan can't get into them as they are basically the same thing. Also, Mother 3, NOW!

I was going to mention that bit about Dragon Quest. I guess the addictive music, and charming story and graphics (bleh) is what gets me over the humor aspects of Mother.

Otherwise the slow pace really kills it for me. I end up just jamming fast-forward down. I want to listen to the music but the pace of the thing...its like with most old RPGs to be honest...plus the Japanese version had an even slower walking speed sad.gif

The walking speed for the first game? If so, maybe I should look into increasing it... :o

Ah, and for newcomers on Mother 3/Earthbound 2, there is a rythm system when you do an attack.If you press A sychronyzed to the music, it will do more hits and more damage, until you miss the beat.

Or something like that.

But you can only do that when an enemy's asleep. Plus you have to remember the beat.

But you can only do that when an enemy's asleep. Plus you have to remember the beat.

You can even do it when they're awake, you just don't get the beat to help you.

If you press a semi-randomly you can often get a pretty fair combo going (I have gotten 16 before without sleep).

Mother (NES) will always be a classic RPG. See, you can make RPG games without most of the cliches and knights and swords! I think the reason I love Mother was that they decided not to follow the mainstream idea of RPG games of the 80s and early 90s.

The walking speed for the first game? If so, maybe I should look into increasing it... :o

The US version has the debug running button enabled which doubles the walking speed but I felt it was still a bit slow.

To anyone doing the combo system in Mother 3. What emulator were you using? I'm trying to work out if my input is laggy or if I just suck :lol: I played through using No$GBA 1.72 and heared no end of people having problems with Visual Boy Advance (though less problems with Visual Boy Advance GX).

I was able to get combos and even some 12 hit ones but I couldn't shake the feeling something was off.

Mother (NES) will always be a classic RPG. See, you can make RPG games without most of the cliches and knights and swords! I think the reason I love Mother was that they decided not to follow the mainstream idea of RPG games of the 80s and early 90s.

What about the humor and the epic final battle?