Loch Ness

General Spoon

What do you think about the Loch Ness monster?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. I think that Nessie...

• Exists, and is still there
    • Existed, but isn't there anymore
    • Never existed, and is made up
    • Eh, I dunno. There might be something there.

I love Nessie, though I don't know if the monster exists IRL.

I saw legend of the waterhorse and I thought the ending was ok, when the waterhorse makes it out to sea.

Not at all. I believe he was killed by an invasion of aquatic chupacabra!

That's like the holocaust to us dinosaurs, don't joke about it you fucking asshole.

It's my cousin. I know some jackasses put together a hoax for pictures, but she's there and her name is Elmira.

That's like the holocaust to us dinosaurs, don't joke about it you fucking asshole.

It's my cousin. I know some jackasses put together a hoax for pictures, but she's there and her name is Elmira.

Fuck you fuckers. Us undiscovered mammals are clearly superior to your kind. You should all have fucking died at the end of the Cretacious period. I'm not kidding, we will cleanse you and your kin from this land if it is the last thing we do!

The last thing you will see in this world is my massive raptor penis coming for your eye.

Enjoy your last few days.

As if. If I had to I would leap into your urethra and crawl into your testacles, devouring them from inside in order to prevent you from reproducing and filling the world with your disgusting brood.

That is how much I detest you filthy inferior shitcunts!

I don't believe there was anything there. If something was there, wouldn't it have shown its face to the general populace by now? And if so, why haven't any investigations by scientists on the subject made any world headlines that I've heard about yet?

I believe that 'Nessie' was there.

And by 'Nessie' I mean an illusion caused by the humans' annoying imagination.

I see things that aren't really there all the time. I normally don't give them names though.

Sustainable breeding population of at least a dozen giant monsters leaving behind no conclusive proof of their presence nor their impact on the the local ecology, or one incredibly long-lived specimen? Hmm, you know either option is so incredibly plausible I can't pick between them.

Cryptozoology is fun to think about, but my answer to all these sort of questions is "maybe". Find some proof and I will be more than happy to believe it.

I read a book once. I don't remember it, but it make a pretty damn convincing argument that there could be a sustainable breeding population of around 100 smaller (not giant) monsters that would easily be able to get by eating salmon and other fish.

Still, I lack of a live specimen isn't helping Nessie. Not even so much as a body.

Found the book. The Monsters of Loch Ness, by Roy Mackal.

Edited by Navarre

I believe in Loch Ness, yes. The lake, that is.

That would have been almost let-you-off-with-a-punch-to-the-face funny if the OP has actually said "Do you beleive in Loch Ness?"

But considering he didn't, that just makes you ... an imbecile.