Stupid Soren <_<

Mufasa

I never said Ashnard was cool. I just said that Ashnard is more badass than Ike. Besides, "like father like son" is often true therefore Soren will become Ashnard.

Edited by Nathan Graves

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

More proof: Soren is the son of Almedha, so his brother is the new King of Daein and his dad is the late King, Ashnard. Almedha is the daughter of the King of Goldoa, thus making Soren royalty of 2 countries and a Black Dragon Branded, whose grandpa was blessed by the Goddess. Too much badass to handle there.

Edited by Zer0

Just being Dheginsea's niece is enough to make him badass. Being Ashnard's son is freaking overkill.

You mean 'Nephew' right?

Or maybe you don't...

regardless, Soren got his revenge by destroying Lyles tempest blade...<3

Not my blade.

At least you're lucky that he didn't active his "Flare" XD !!

Ahahah even you beat Soren he is still badass for doing you bad thing, that's what you got for killing our little bisho !

Just by curiosity what did he say when you injure him ? (I have been never able to kill him)

And Ike=Soren, Ike is badass in strengh and Soren is badass in magic . End

I'm gonna side with Soren, mostly because I like wind mages a bit too much. Ike is a strong hero, but he isn't much more than that. Soren's story is a lot more interesting.

You mean 'Nephew' right?

Or maybe you don't...

Soren does look like a girl... which is one of the reasons why he's so popular. Girls love pretty boys who look like girls. He looks cute, you just want to hug him and bake him cookies! Though some fangirls prefer rape fanfics over baking. FFnet scares me :(

Edited by Tamara

Though some fangirls prefer rape fanfics over baking. FFnet scares me :(

There is only one rape fanfic afaik. Soren fanfics are usually AU, angst, fluff romance or humor to my knowledge.

There is only one rape fanfic afaik. Soren fanfics are usually AU, angst, fluff romance or humor to my knowledge.

But (excluding some AU at least) they're still all terribly written and have absolutely no sense of realism, character or common sense. In essentially 97% of them you can substitute the characters for cardboard cut-outs. :V

But (excluding some AU at least) they're still all terribly written and have absolutely no sense of realism, character or common sense. In essentially 97% of them you can substitute the characters for cardboard cut-outs. :V

I'm not saying they are good, I'm just stating that there is only one rape fanfic. It's a bit hard to find a good FE fanfic, since most of them are full of Mary Sue self-insert or OCs. =.=

More evidence of Soren stupididty:

Last night I was playing the chapter with Oliver, and I was using Soren again. So I sent Soren into a little alcove to get the chests, and three guys came at him. They all had less than 40% hit rates, and still all three of them hit him, resulting in his death.

Now, I would have let that slide, except he did the same fucking thing just now as I'm playing it this morning. Luckily he was able to pull off a Flare to keep himself from dying, but getting hit by 6 people in a row, all with less than 40% hit rate?

I think I can have the right to call him stupid.

Maybe he's trying to get back at me for calling him stupid, in which case he's doing the same thing that Sothe does. And we all know what happens to Sothe. (For those of you not part of 'all' I bench the bastard for Gareth. ((Note: Notice that Sothe has upgraded himself in my opinion. He's a bastard now, as opposed to me calling him a bitch. He's still a jackass though.))))

Luckily he was able to pull off a Flare to keep himself from dying, but getting hit by 6 people in a row, all with less than 40% hit rate?

RNG happens? And maybe you should try FE5 then...

RNG happens? And maybe you should try FE5 then...

6 times in a row though?

I could understand one or two hits. Maybe three. But six times?

And of course I said "Less" than 40. The highest was 37, and the lowest was 22. So on average Soren got hit six times in a row by guys with an average 30% hit rate.

I'd do the mathematics to show the probablility of that, but I don't have a piece of paper.

At the very least, I can have the right to call him stupid.

Mind you, I don't HATE Soren. He's probably one of my favorite mages. But he is stupid if he gets hit 6 times in a row by a group of cripples.

6 times in a row though?

I could understand one or two hits. Maybe three. But six times?

And of course I said "Less" than 40. The highest was 37, and the lowest was 22. So on average Soren got hit six times in a row by guys with an average 30% hit rate.

I'd do the mathematics to show the probablility of that, but I don't have a piece of paper.

At the very least, I can have the right to call him stupid.

Mind you, I don't HATE Soren. He's probably one of my favorite mages. But he is stupid if he gets hit 6 times in a row by a group of cripples.

In FE5, you can miss 20 hits in row with 93%. In FE5, the enemy can critical you to death with 1%. Seriously, after playing that game, missing hit with 80 or getting hit with 20 feels like a normal thing to happen. >.>

I haven't play RD, btw.

Edited by Ishtar

9.90% true hit at 22% displayed.

Therefore, 9.4% x 10^-5 is the chance of that happening.

However, dodging four 90% in a row? They have a 1.90% chance of missing at 90% displayed hit.

That has a 1.3% x 10^-5 chance of occurring, missing four times in a row.

In other words: personal experience means nothing.

This entire thread is lolworthy. XD Sorry about the lost Tempest Blade.

I know the only reason I'm using Soren is because he was really the only good archsage available to me since Illyana's death via wyvern. (Would much rather be using Tormod, *shakes fist at Radiant Dawn again). I don't hate Soren but I don't lobe him either. He finally promoted for me in the pothole bridge chapter; it was that late because I generally find I suck at using magic users.

But even I must admit that the video on youtube showing Soren killing Oliver with a staff is awesome. And it was the Rescue Staff no less.

9.90% true hit at 22% displayed.

Therefore, 9.4% x 10^-5 is the chance of that happening.

However, dodging four 90% in a row? They have a 1.90% chance of missing at 90% displayed hit.

That has a 1.3% x 10^-5 chance of occurring, missing four times in a row.

In other words: personal experience means nothing.

However the some players became frustrated after some "impossible" things XD.

:z like me Haar always get Pwned while tanking....

personal experience may means nothing but it occurs with certain frequency with me >_>

Fangirls are all over the world (included Princess Kilvas) probably wish to tear you limb from limb >_>.

this... almost for me

I got pretty mad when I saw the title... but I guess I'm not as mad anymore since I read the story XD

I like Soren =) He always turns out awesome for me...

I know this isn't too special of an event, but I just felt so so so happy when he used a critical on the first time I made him attack in one of the chapters when he had a 3% chance of doing one

Soren always turns out average for me, maybe a little below average. He tends to fall behind the rest of the team. I wish Tormod and Calill had more availability cause they'd both be better than Soren and I like them more anyways.

So I'm doing the second to last chapter in Part 3, where you play as the DB and Ike is the boss. And, like usual, I try for the ambitious thing, and move in to kill Ike. But first I want to take out some aggression on Soren. (For all the times he's screwed up and been a pompus over the past 2 games. Whether it be story, or just battle.) So I send my Trueblade Edward to go slash his face open with Edward's newly aquired Tempest Blade from his good friend Leo(Probably the most useful thing Leo does.) so I can attack Soren, without worrying about Ike splattering Edward's brains all over the place in the enemy phase.

So, Edward attacks, sending a stream of Tempest power towards Soren. Of course, Soren returns fire with his measly Elwind. So Soren attacks. As he does so, I notice a little caption in the corner that reads "Corrosion."

Thus ending the battle, and sparking more annoyance at our favorite Emo.

So I send Aran to finish Soren off, while Edward and I cry over a lost Tempest blade. It was extremely satisfying to see Aran use Impale on the Arch sage, even if it did put him in danger from Ike.

So that's my story. The moral: Always make sure to see if your units have corrosion. And be careful if you're going to attack them. And try not to be as bloodthirsty as I am.

(Note: It took Aran, Edward, and Tauroneo, all at third promotion, to take down Ike. I could have sent Sothe to help, but he was too busy having an arm wrestling match with Ranulf. Sothe won, but Ranulf was in human form. So it wasn't as impressive as you'd think.)

*is upset at the fact that you killed Soren*

Lol, at least Soren didn't kill Ed. XD

But my question is, why'd you give Soren Corrosion? I always sell it. XD

Also, Soren>Ike. IMO. <.<

Also also, 1900 posts, Yay.