Strange moments in FE

Whether it's odd things with the RNG, or odd things with the AI, a Devil Axe suicide, or even freaky arena units, it goes here.

I have some major ones... and I'm sure everyone else does too. Some of these numbers may not be exactly like it was, I don't have a perfect memory

In FE8, an archer had the choice between attacking Artur and being killed (it was the only enemy nearby) and attacking Franz and not even being countered, while still doing damage. Guess who he chose if it goes here.

In FE7, I was boss abusing Lundgren with Rath, and he had about a 55 percent chance of hitting. He hit 8 times in a row, then missed once, then hit again, then hit four times in a row.

Also in FE7... the aforementioned Devil axe suicide. Dead tree in the fog of war chapter with Uhai. Bye-bye Hector.

Most recently, (FE7 again) I sent Raven into the arena. He faced a pegasus knight that was probably about to kill him, and got a critical, finishing her off. Next time he went in, another pegasus knight, immediate critical. He only had about a 4% chance of critting... Then once I was done with Raven, I sent Rebecca in. Critical, critical, mage that I wasn't fast enough to press the B button against. Had to start over AGAIN!

EDIT: Why can't I correct my topic title? I just noticed it...

On the same arena session, I sent Hector in, and he faced a Pegasus knight with a silver lance and 22 strength. This was in Hector NORMAL MODE! Not hard mode, NORMAL! Did I mention that she was doubling him? He survived, but that was just...

Anyway, that's all I can think of for now. How about you? What crazy moments have you had in FE?

Edited by ShiningDrake

I think you need a certain number of posts to change the title. I think it's 250.

In the Endgame of FE7 I had the bishop boss kill me with a 20% crit. Then I restarted and the Nomad Trooper killed me with a critical. Then I played it again and the bishop killed me again with the 20% crit. Needless to say I was a bit frustrated. Then some guys ganged up on Canas and killed him. Then the general boss and the other general killed Lyn with a 45% chance of hitting. I was really, really pissed by now. Then I FINALLY beat the stupid level.

FE11: Marth gained Resistance. It's now stuck fast on "1".

Marth ended up with 3 Res in my game, and I gave him a Talisman for a total of 5. I don't think a Marth with some resistance is that rare at all.

Nor is a SHIIDA/SHEEDA with good STR. It probably depends if you Reclass her at all though.

As for me, the most recent flukey occurance was a Bishop on the Endgame of Shadow Dragon killing Gordin with a Thoron Critical... with a 1% chance. One. Percent. This was after a MASSIVE slog running to the shop to get keys to free trapped characters, and fighting endless reinforcements, and dealing with numerous awkward situations, and in the end to get poor Gordin taken out by a mere Bishop was seriously annoying.

Ch16(or was it 17?The one that you defeat Riev for the first time) Snipers in FE8 refused to attack Cormag without Fili Shield.

Marth ended up with 3 Res in my game, and I gave him a Talisman for a total of 5. I don't think a Marth with some resistance is that rare at all.

Marth only has a 2% resistance growth, so it is pretty rate but not impossible for him to get resistance.

Marth only has a 2% resistance growth, so it is pretty rate but not impossible for him to get resistance.

2%? Is that taking into account his class bonus as a Lord as well, or not? I've got Marth's Res growth listed as a D, which isn't as bad as it could be (it could be E or F). Yeah, it sucks lots, much like most Lords, but not so much that any Res over 30 levels is unusual.

My sister needed help with the final level of FE8, so I got to the point where everything but Lyon was killed. I brought Arthur with Invaldi to attack him.

Lyon: 2% Critical. Kills Arthur.

Restarted. Got to the same point.

Lyon: 2% Critical. Kills Arthur.

I made sure not to use Arthur again.

Another one, I was playing an FE9 trial map (The one in the prison). I ordered Ike to attack a door from a distance, and I got a map animation that Aether activated, but it just repeatedly did that animation with nothing happening.

Another one, I was playing an FE9 trial map (The one in the prison). I ordered Ike to attack a door from a distance, and I got a map animation that Aether activated, but it just repeatedly did that animation with nothing happening.

Glitches happen.

Ya mean something like this? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4CFlGfnuIM

One time while playing RD Ike was fighting against a swordmaster with a killing edge. Swordmaster misses, then Ike criticals him at one percent, awesome stuff!

As for story weird, I always find the gay laguz in RD and the gay warriors in FE7 to be pretty weird.

• 3 months later...

Remember the killer lance armor in FE6's chapter 8? Bet you didn't have 4 people double and miss at around 80-90 displayed hit (one of them being Zealot with a hand axe), then he crit-kills Zealot...

I now always recover all health even if it's 1 HP.

FE6 I forgot to equip Delphi Shield on Miledy I was doing the mission where you kill Brenya, so close to finishing the mission but I placed Miledy in range of a killer ballista by mistake, I thought she could survive one but was wrong for she got critted by a 2% had to start over again.

Edited by Jason W.

In FE9 most of the enemies go for Ike in my game, even if they have a weapon disadvantage.

Lord priority is not unheard of.

FE5, promoted Machyua, with a Silver Sword.

Instead of that neat, fast slide that Swordmasters do, she just does a slow one. It takes like 3 seconds until it's over.

In FE7, I had Guy go in the arena, he was about to die so I made him retreat but then he criticals and the enemy misses and he would've finished him off the next round but he already left. XD

In FE7, Matthew was running around to try to steal some items that the enemy pilfered. But a shaman came by hit him and did like 12 damage, he was fine. Then another shaman comes with luna and did a pathetic 6 damage with a 2% critical chance... guess what happened?

In FE6, I let Treck die in his starting chapter to the cavalier reinforcements. I was fine with it, a bit sad. I arena abuse Rutger to level 20 and look through my team to see who had the Hero Crest and... it wasn't there. T.T After a minute, I figured out Treck was holding it.

In FE8, I went to a monster (the centaur ones) since I thought he had an axe and he would have weapon advantage. I decided to just let the centaur come to him and he had... a Swordslayer. XD