"Friends with benefits"

DeSu

For those who do not know, it's friends who are not in a relationship with one another and have sex/do sexual things with one another( fun, lust, boredom, whatever reason).

What are your thoughts on it? Pleasehavedetailedexplanationskthxbai.

Detailed? There is a simple answer: Friends with benefits are awesome.

kthxbai (I always wanted to type that, never got the chance to).

Well I guess that's detailed enough for agreeing XD.

(kthxbai is always fun to say :D)

Depends on how responsible the people are, really. Quite some time back, a few friends of mine had that going on. They all caught gonorrhea. I, on the other hand, was in a situation like that with my current girlfriend after we split a while ago, and due to the fact that it was still an exclusive sexual relationship it turned out fine.

Depends on how responsible the people are, really. Quite some time back, a few friends of mine had that going on. They all caught gonorrhea. I, on the other hand, was in a situation like that with my current girlfriend after we split a while ago, and due to the fact that it was still an exclusive sexual relationship it turned out fine.

OH GOD...

I kinda have a similar situation going on right now( as you, not your gonorrhea ridden friend)...

To me, Sex = Relationships

So your relationships are all based around the sex? *sighs*

Anyway, I have never had 'friends with benefits.' I don't mind that people have them, but I just prefer not to. I already have a boyfriend and I'd rather stay faithful to one guy instead of just playing around and having sex with my friends. It's more of a moral thing to me (Me!? Having morals!?)

Sex is fairly tangled in actual emotional connections, so that can be an issue.

There's nothing wrong with friends with benefits, though.

Oh I never said it wasn't, but it shouldn't be the entire relationship.

Pretty much what everyone else says, it's fine with responsibility, like most other things.

In fact, I'd think it better than anonymous sex because A. Clean friends is clean, B. You know them better, and C. Flirting is just too much fun to keep away from your own friends. More things to do with friends makes a better friendship.

So great. In theory. And ifyou can pull it off, good for you, you have my blessing. Didn't work out for me. Feelings tend to build up (not on my end so much, but on hers). Then someone inevitably wants something more, or just moves on, and bam, it's over. Friendship can't ever really be the same.

But yeah, while it's going on, totally awesome.

This reminds me of a Scrubs episode called "My Sex Buddy".

J.D. and Eliot boned after a stressful day at work for a few days, and it eventually ended because they mixed up emotion into it. Just like other people said here.

J.D. and Eliot boned after a stressful day at work for a few days, and it eventually ended because they mixed up emotion into it. Just like other people said here.

Dammit i was going to use that example.....

My friend and my brother's friend had a "friends with benefits" thing going on but me and my brother stopped it.

I thought you weer talking about "40 Year Old Virgin", now, that movie is hilariou, I watched it yesterday(again).

I've never been in that situation, though I suppose I have been presented with the opportunity? I guess if it works for people, that's fine, but it won't ever work for me. I would be the half of the pair to feel an emotional connection develop, and I know when it ended I'd be the one left feeling hurt, not the other way around.

imo, So long as both understand that it's not an actual relationship( it's just meant for fun, maybe relieving sexual frustration?), it's fine. I think it's better than just hooking up with a random chick from the street...

I've never done this, and the reason is because I know I would end up being the one who ends up wanting more from it.

That said, I see nothing wrong with it, but it must be difficult to keep up without feeling for the other person eventually.

I don't see any fault in it. As long as, you know, you're not an idiot about it (trying to make it out to be something more than it is; STDs without notice; "surprises").

If there is an agreement between however many individuals, then let them at it.

I don't have any issues with it, but I would probably be unable to do something like this myself unless I fell into a bad case of unconditional love, and even that I'm sure would end badly. I'd feel a bit unfulfilled if there was only sex involved. It seems important to me to use sex as a means to communicate intimate feelings, rather than just for the carnal pleasure itself. A bit of an old fashioned perspective, sure whatever.

I can see other people being able to do it without complications, of course -- it requires a different mindset than I have, that's all.

I will be the first to say NO.

My friends are there to relieve stress, not cause it. Emotion aside, I don't want to deal with the unintended side effects of casual sex. Fortunately, my friends understand this.