Worst in the series: Round 5

General Spoon

Not to mention he forces you to use his by-then useless ass in the final parts of RD when you really really really want to use someone else *cough*VOLKE*cough* .

Sothe was most of the reason I hated RD, no lie.

Him and Sanaki <_<

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I choose Sothe and Ricardo. Who needs them when you already have Volke and Julian? :\

And Daisy isn't the worst if she's the only thief you get in Generation 2. Cath gets points for being the only playable female thief in her game.

I choose Sothe and Ricardo. Who needs them when you already have Volke and Julian? :\

And Daisy isn't the worst if she's the only thief you get in Generation 2. Cath gets points for being the only playable female thief in her game.

But stealing is pretty useless in FE4, especially when you already have a WTF amount of money, and you have to actually attack to steal.

But stealing is pretty useless in FE4, especially when you already have a WTF amount of money, and you have to actually attack to steal.

Your staff users early on would like to disagree, especially Lana...

Better thing is Daisy can just wind sword and sap money from people, keeping the staff users' bank accounts healthy until they can rob the arena on their own.

Your staff users early on would like to disagree, especially Lana...

Bargain Ring says hi. Get it in the 1st Gen please.

Though I do agree, while Daisy is fail, she is not FE's worst Thief IMO.

Even though Daisy is indescribably terrible, I'm gonna have to vote Cath.

Daisy is at least capable of stealing gold using the magic swords and giving it to any1 else.

Cath on the other hand, comes in after you have 2 thieves, quite pointless. You're better off stealing her lockpick and killing her for EXP.

EDIT: Change my vote to Deu, Red Fox has a point.

Edited by Sirius

Cath at least gives good support and has thieving ability. So what if Chad and Astol are there? At least there's shit for her to do in her game, while any FE4 thief doesn't have much going for them.

Cath at least gives good support and has thieving ability. So what if Chad and Astol are there? At least there's shit for her to do in her game, while any FE4 thief doesn't have much going for them.

The other thieves also have the same thieving ability so if you do kill her, you're not missing much >_>. Daisy's the only unit capable of stealing gold from enemies (there's the thief ring I know, but that come late in chapter 8) and the only one that can pass money around to every1.

The other thieves also have the same thieving ability so if you do kill her, you're not missing much >_>. Daisy's the only unit capable of stealing gold from enemies (there's the thief ring I know, but that come late in chapter 8) and the only one that can pass money around to every1.

There's also the Thief Sword.

Or I can let Astol die since I have the other two, so I'm not really missing much. Cath's advantage here is that she has a great affinity (Anima) and supports two good characters (Geese and Chad) one of which is both her and his best support choice (Geese). Astol supports the three Knights (all suck), Lilina (sucks), and Igrene (sucks), and isn't even giving great bonuses. Cath also joins among a bunch of axes, so getting her some levels immediately is not so tough.

The point: Cath is not the worst thief in the series.

I found recruiting her to be kind of fun as well. Having to talk to her three times was very unique. And it's not like she got in the way when she was running off the map. >_>

As much as it pains to say this? Sothe. Cath was difficult to recruit, had no real characterization and was annoying as hell, but at least it wasn't badly done.

Sothe suffers from generic angsty-teen-in-love syndrome. Shows no character development (repeating how he'll protect Micaiah when clearly he's ...not exactly exceptional at it doesn't earn points in my book). The Black Knight's warnings to him in 1-E are more or less dead-on. Volke and Heather are both MUCH more interesting and powerful to boot. That, and you were stuck using Sothe, regardless of how good he is. I have a thing against forced deployment.

Edited by Caradryan

Or I can let Astol die since I have the other two, so I'm not really missing much. Cath's advantage here is that she has a great affinity (Anima) and supports two good characters (Geese and Chad) one of which is both her and his best support choice (Geese). Astol supports the three Knights (all suck), Lilina (sucks), and Igrene (sucks), and isn't even giving great bonuses. Cath also joins among a bunch of axes, so getting her some levels immediately is not so tough.

I found recruiting her to be kind of fun as well. Having to talk to her three times was very unique. And it's not like she got in the way when she was running off the map. >_>

What's the point of letting a better thief die? Chad and Astol > Cath, so letting her die is truly not missing much as opposed to letting someone who can do the job better get killed.

Let Astol die, and you're missing the 1 thief that doesn't need to be leveled up to survive long range hazards. I dunno about you or others but I never bring thieves in chapters that lack chests, doors and enough items worth stealing so the supports don't matter as much.

You have a point on Deu though, his utility is pretty useless in FE4 1st Gen since you can easily charge through the enemies there with Sigurd and Lex in the beginning and then with Levin in the end.

@Dr. Claw: If possible, I'd like to change my vote to Deu.

Edited by Sirius

What's the point of letting a better thief die? Chad and Astol > Cath, so letting her die is truly not missing much as opposed to letting someone who can do the job better get killed.

I would actually go so far as to say Cath > Astol. They never promote, so their fighting ability isn't worth much, but Cath ends up with better avoid (Similar Speed + higher Luck + 15 w/A Geese, + 10 w/B Chad) and you don't need a high level to do thief work.

Let Astol die, and you're missing the 1 thief that doesn't need to be leveled up to survive long range hazards. I dunno about you or others but I never bring thieves in chapters that lack chests, doors and enough items worth stealing so the supports don't matter as much.

I don't know the power of long-range users in this game, but I imagine Astol isn't faring much better against them anyway. Supporting her can be tough, but I find it more worth it to bring a support partner w/thieving than just a thief.

I don't know the power of long-range users in this game, but I imagine Astol isn't faring much better against them anyway. Supporting her can be tough, but I find it more worth it to bring a support partner w/thieving than just a thief.

I've found it necessary for him to use Pure Water because if he didn't, he'd die from Bolting (in HM).

Edited by Sirius

And if you don't believe me, here's Reikken's defense for Cath:

Cath's joining situation is actually about as good as it gets for an underleveled dood. It's even better than Chad's on hard mode. In Chad's joining chapter, soldiers can kill him in one hit, and he can even miss them since his hit on them is only about 80, so even trying to finish off a weakened soldier can be fatal. Other than soldiers, there isn't much except cavaliers, half of which he may or may not have enough atk to even do damage to. They don't kill him in one hit, though.

Cath joins in a chapter full of steel/hand axe fighters that have lol hit, and she gets HM bonuses, so her chance of getting hit is pretty low. Though she does die in one hit if she happens to get hit, until she reaches a few levels. With the massive growths thieves have in this game, that doesn't take long. The fact that she's a thief also adds to the exp gaining. She starts out gaining ~70 exp per kill and is still gaining almost 50 per kill after gaining 10 levels.

The next chapter has more steel axes, but it also has lots of use for a thief (loads of chests and FoW), and you have to split up to get all the chests in a reasonable amount of time, so you have reason to deploy her even if you're already using Chad. You can get in some levels while getting chests.

After about 6-7 kills, she's pretty safe on her own since she doesn't die in one hit and has about a 2% chance of getting hit. So I think she's pretty well off. If you want to level her up, it's very easy to do so.

It's too bad her supports suck, and thieves don't promote. Otherwise she could actually be good.

Although I don't know what he meant with her supports sucking. Their much better than Astol's non-existant supports and Chad's aren't great either (He does best with A Lugh/B Cath, which is actually possibly worse)

You have a point on Deu though, his utility is pretty useless in FE4 1st Gen since you can easily charge through the enemies there with Sigurd and Lex in the beginning and then with Levin in the end.

@Dr. Claw: If possible, I'd like to change my vote to Deu.

Then edit your first post. I don't tally votes until the end.

And if you don't believe me, here's Reikken's defense for Cath:

I don't agree that Chad with 80 hit finishing off soldiers is more of a gamble than Cath attacking brigands that have 20 hit. Both have an equal chance of dying. Astol and Chad perform better against those brigands anyway; directly comparing Chad/Astol's join times with Cath's doesn't show anything aside from the former two having reduced (but nonetheless present) opportunities to gain EXP; what's really relevant is how Chad/Astol are faring at Cath's join time, where they're better than she is. At least, that's the case with Astol even when he is at base stats - Chad needs about 4 levels to catch up to Cath's base stats, but that's easily obtained.

I think Cath > Astol is a totally ludicrous assertion.

Not to mention that the Opening Post would get big twice as fast, since there'd be two lists of winners.

I don't think this is even a legitimate reason >.>

Daisy's the worst thief in the series.

Edited by dondon151

Although I don't know what he meant with her supports sucking. Their much better than Astol's non-existant supports and Chad's aren't great either (He does best with A Lugh/B Cath, which is actually possibly worse)

Almost all of them are 1 (+1) and they're not with really good units. Chad's support with Lugh is at least quick and if you feel like it you might even add Ray for a triangle.

Almost all of them are 1 (+1) and they're not with really good units. Chad's support with Lugh is at least quick and if you feel like it you might even add Ray for a triangle.

I always though that the Chad-Lugh-Ray triangle wasn't that practical.