About Fire Emblem archetypes

Mekkah

and he is on this forum site.

From the looks of it, the Sirius archetype = strong paladins (pre-promoted) who come early, if that's the case then Renning and FE9 Geoffrey don't go in that since they come late.

Everyone is strong in FE9.

Regardless, that "archetype" doesn't make any sense to me. I don't see any of them being former noble enemies or even masked.

Archetypes are about roles, not growths. IS agreed.

Edited by Tiena

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Regardless, that "archetype" doesn't make any sense to me. I don't see any of them being former noble enemies or even masked.

Renning is Bertram, a former enemy, and he was masked during that time, if that means anything.

The first time you see Kieran in FE9 he's wearing his helmet. He also doesn't start as an ally either. So he might be a Sirius.

Everyone is strong in FE9.

Untrue *Points to Rofl, Lucia and Bastian.*

The first time you see Kieran in FE9 he's wearing his helmet. He also doesn't start as an ally either. So he might be a Sirius.
He technically is an ally, since he isn't on the enemy's side. (Guys not on your team, but aren't on the enemy's team usually try to help you out.) Also, he doesn't start out promoted. So I'm afraid he doesn't qualify.

He technically is an ally, since he isn't on the enemy's side.
Neither is Sirius. FE3 didn't have the concept of green units, but he would still never attack you (unless maybe you put one of the blonde children in front of him, but I never tried that.) He always goes for talking to Oguma.

Comparing Kieran to Sirius... are you serious? Really?

I believed stats were left out when creating archtypes.

Stats are taken into account for determining Jeigans, otherwise their wouldn't be the Jeigan vs. Oifaye thing.

Who considers the Oifaye to be an archetype anyways?

Quite a few people actually.

Personally I like to think of Jagen et al as part of the Obi Wan Kenobi archetype.

I really don't see any correlation between Kieran and Sirius. He's the token red cavalier of Tellius.
I don't see any of them being former noble enemies or even masked.
The first time you see Kieran in FE9 he's wearing his helmet. He also doesn't start as an ally either.

There's nothing limiting him being 2 archtypes.

There's nothing limiting him being 2 archtypes.

Sirius is

Camus

from FE1, returning in an early chapter of FE3 as a strong (good bases/growths) masked Paladin who vehemently denies his identity, no matter how obvious it might be.

Now you can post without being completely in the dark about what you're talking... unless you haven't played Shadow Dragon either. ~_~

I really don't see any correlation between Kieran and Sirius. He's the token red cavalier of Tellius.

This, a thousand times.

Sirius is

Camus

from FE1, returning in an early chapter of FE3 as a strong (good bases/growths) masked Paladin who vehemently denies his identity, no matter how obvious it might be.

Well, Kieran is not a Sirius then. But when all I had to go by was "None of them were former enemies or masked" Sirius does sound kinda like Kieran.

Now you can post without being completely in the dark about what you're talking... unless you haven't played Shadow Dragon either. ~_~

I've only played FE9 and 10.

It's funny how everyone in this here thread is proving my point, partially restated by Reikken - there's no real official archetypes, just recurring themes that sometimes are not present in an FE despite people looking for one.

He technically is an ally, since he isn't on the enemy's side. (Guys not on your team, but aren't on the enemy's team usually try to help you out.)

Tell that to those goddamn Dragon Knights in ch14 of Thracia.

The only reason why players get owned by green enemy units is because in FE4 and FE5, they stand for another army while in later FEs they stand for an allied army. Since FE5 is usually played secondary to anything else...

The only reason why players get owned by green enemy units is because in FE4 and FE5, they stand for another army while in later FEs they stand for an allied army. Since FE5 is usually played secondary to anything else...

Green units are always allied in FE4.

I have a ridiculous idea! Zagaro / Wolf arch-type. Add Karel in herez!

Nah, just kidding. I don't really care if the "arch-type" thing exists or not since I don't see much contraversy on either side. It's all preference to the player.