Editing a post.

I tend to make a new post because of this, regardless of the fact I may be the last one to post. But only if a couple of hours has passed.

Actually that sounds like a good idea. I don't think there's an option to do this by default, but there might be a mod for it.

Although it's possible that it could be abused (but you could say the same to any feature really).

They had something like this in another forum I went to (forgot what it was) where there was an option to bump a topic to the top without actually posting, but any member could only do it once a day. I think it would be a good idea to implement if someone wants to edit the last post and bump it up, as long as it isn't abused of course.

They had something like this in another forum I went to (forgot what it was) where there was an option to bump a topic to the top without actually posting, but any member could only do it once a day. I think it would be a good idea to implement if someone wants to edit the last post and bump it up, as long as it isn't abused of course.

Whatever works. Just know that the current system doesn't.

Terrible idea. It could (and would) get abused to hell. Plus what are we going to have next, a necro-editing ban? Plus you would need a system that shows which post was the one edited (since it would not necessarily be the last post in the topic), so you'll end up a ten page topic bumped when the OP fixes a dumb spelling mistake.

At first I thought this topic was about implementing what FESS had: allowing you to edit a post in under a minute after you post it and not having the annoying "this post has be edited by so and so" pop up. It was handy if you just made a stupid spelling mistake and fixed it really fast.

If possible, I imagine it would only bump the topic if the last post was edited, not any previous posts. Anyone else who wanted to bump the topic would make a new post, not edit one that no one else may ever even see.

Black Knight's idea sounds pretty good as well.

If possible, I imagine it would only bump the topic if the last post was edited, not any previous posts. Anyone else who wanted to bump the topic would make a new post, not edit one that no one else may ever even see.

Black Knight's idea sounds pretty good as well.

Eh, his idea is nothing. I've been to another forum where if you edit your post before someone else posts, it doesn't show the dumb "last edited" thingie.

Terrible idea. It could (and would) get abused to hell. Plus what are we going to have next, a necro-editing ban? Plus you would need a system that shows which post was the one edited (since it would not necessarily be the last post in the topic), so you'll end up a ten page topic bumped when the OP fixes a dumb spelling mistake.

At first I thought this topic was about implementing what FESS had: allowing you to edit a post in under a minute after you post it and not having the annoying "this post has be edited by so and so" pop up. It was handy if you just made a stupid spelling mistake and fixed it really fast.

If things get abused, they can easily be taken away. I don't think there are that many people who abuse special features, here, despite what you may think.

I do agree that this "Edited by:" line is really annoying, though.

Edited by Eltoshen