28 members have voted

1. 1. Units

• Titania
    • Oscar
    • Kieran
    • Astrid
    • Makalov
    • Geoffrey

Which paladin is the best for strictly gameplay purposes? So this means usefulness, availability, and overall power, NOT personality.

Mine would be Oscar for his early game availability and all-around good stats.

Hasn't this been done a million times already...?

I vote for Oscar since he comes so damn early, his green hair and he is so damn cool.

It hasn't been done any time recently here, but there is a topic on page 1 of the RD board about this. But there are major differences between this and that, because they're two totally different games.

Titania. Miles better than Oscar early on, still better midgame, maybe slightly worse endgame, but 80% similar to him in performance at that point either way.

I can't decide.

Oscar - Better join time, more Magic, more RES, and more Luck (About .1 or .2 on some other stats, but I only listed the main leads), more levels to grow, and he has epic Ike support.

Keiran - Joins pretty late, and by this time, Oscar is trained up pretty well. You're also probably training Nephenee instead of him by this time. Leads in HP and STR, Supports with three GOOD units, can pair with Oscar for some good times (Although Oscar is probably going to stick with Ike).

I wish there was some horrible paladin in this game so I can make a lul choice.

Titania falls behind very noticeably once Oscar promotes. I've made an "Average stats" gimmick for the website (sent it to Vincent the other day) and once you have it under your nose, Titania's flaws really start to show. At final level, she has as many HP as Oscar and 2 points more Res, all the rest ranges from -2 to -4. Kieran has, among others, 6 Str and 4 Def more than Titania, Astrid is better in all stats except HP and they have the same Res. Makarov has 5 less res and 3 less Luck but kills her everywhere else.

In pure stats, Makarov appears to be a good choice, and Astrid is also very polyvalent, but I'd still go with Oscar for the capped Skl and Spd and the uber support with Ike (I could let Oscar hang around when Ashnard was around, he never got hit...

until Ashnard touched the Fire Emblem...

;) )

Edit: Whoops, forgot Geoffrey there. Geoffrey's a tank (25 average Def by 20th lv, which he hits easily with Paragon), but he has crappy Luck and less Skill and Speed than Oscar (but who doesn't ;) )

Edited by Taho

• 2 months later...

True, but saying he has only one support would be technically wrong I guess, even if one is not realistic.

Still he has 1 bond that will basically always be used.

I think Oscar's durability raises over Titania's rather quick thx to the earth + earth affinity, not to mention this also supports Ike. About Titania's early game: Atlast it seems to me that attacking anything with Titania that is not a Armored Knight until at last the part of the game which allows you to get Oscar's B-Support, will result in a kill and therefore waisting valuable exp. Therefore I usally have a hard time to use Titania except as a meatshield, but I guess this is just bad strategie on my part.

Edited by BrightBow-User

About Titania's early game: Atlast it seems to me that attacking anything with Titania that is not a Armored Knight until at last the part of the game which allows you to get Oscar's B-Support, will result in a kill and therefore waisting valuable exp. Therefore I usally have a hard time to use Titania except as a meatshield, but I guess this is just bad strategie on my part.

If you use Titania instead of another low level unit, you have one unit less that cares about the Exp that is "wasted". You don't have to solo all the maps with her.

Oscar, pure pwnage, and he's practically the only one I used last playthrough.

This time, I'm using others, not sure how many and who they are, but others.

However, I seriously doubt they'll beat Oscar.

Also, I'm not rating Titania because She's the Jeigan

I'd say Astrid. Oscar is RNG screwed constantly, or for some reason he has a 30% speed and 20% skill growth on my disc. Whatever, Astrid grows quickly, has good growths, and is a very good melee unit after promotion. Kieran is somewhat underleveled and underwhelming, and I also find him somewhat annoying. Astrid is more underleveled, but has paragon, so she shoots up. Makalov... he joins at level 10 unpromoted when everyone else is promoted. Titania is too high leveled early on, so she doesn't get used to avoid exp hogging, and later on is weaker than the paladins I'm using. Geoffrey... well... yeah.

Titania is really bad compared to the rest after all is said and done. Ive done the Paladin playthrough at least twice and the only one worse than Titania is Geoffrey (yeah ill probably get flamed for that but hes just blah). Hell, even Makalov could do more damage!

I voted for Oscar since hes really the best one out of the bunch (Keiran in second), its a shame he got so nerfed in RD.