1. 1. Did you Like the Ending?

• Yes
    • No
    • Niether

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate it when main characters die. Like I hated it when everyone predicted Harry would die at the end of the seventh book fighting Voldemort.

aw really? but wouldn't it make the ending more beautiful? and make Ike's actions more amazing and selfless?

EDIT: i never thought Harry would die. Rowling wouldn't want to displease her fans

I hate it when main characters die. Like I hated it when everyone predicted Harry would die at the end of the seventh book fighting Voldemort.

I agree completely. It always wrecks a good story. And to me disappearing is the same thing.

Edited by Hydrohs

i guess i'm just weird like that

Nah, everyone has their different opinions on stories. This is why plots really should never be discussed XD

*My bad*

I concur that it was completely out of character for Ike to leave.

The ending could be interpreted as this: He didn't really leave forever, he just stayed out of the public eye. Therefore, all the historians would record him as disappearing. Sort of like Final Fantasy Tactics: (spoiler for FF Tactics)

We know Ramza didn't die, but history recorded him as such. Well, I guess history didn't record him at all...

I hated it, The story was excellent. But it had an bad ending IMO. And I didn't like how Ike left all of his friends. And then in Brawl Ike says ''I fight for my friends.'' D:

What friends? The ones he left behind!

Sorry, I'm just ranting now...=P

Well in brawl it's the PoR Ike, so it's probably between FE 9 and 10

Anyway, Ike leaving did kinda disappoint me. Maybe he'll return later. He still has family (A.K.A. Mist) there

Well in brawl it's the PoR Ike, so it's probably between FE 9 and 10

Anyway, Ike leaving did kinda disappoint me. Maybe he'll return later. He still has family (A.K.A. Mist) there

doubt it. they say specifically in the epilogue-

Once he saw stability returned, Ike left on a journey to lands still unknown. He was never seen again.

that means that not even his family and friends ever saw him again. they did not say "except by Mist" or anything else.

I agree with what Hikari was saying in earlier posts. The writers made Ike more of a traditional hero with the concept of a lowly mercenary rising to the challenges thrust upon him and going to a much higher social status. You had the mentor (Greil, obviously) who dies, you had the protagonist going on a journey, he was out to avenge his father, he didn't seek the position of power he was given, e.t.c. His personality and his actions seem to me to be borrowed from traditional heroes and epics. Heroes don't usually grow old, or live out normal lives. I liked the ending, even though I think some of it was kind of lame. I think Ike's ending was appropriate for a character based off of the traditional aspects of hero to that extent. In this way, Ike leaves with history not seeing him grow old and weak.

Gah, what is this? Has my English teacher invaded my head so that I'm analyzing the plot of video games?!

Geez, I need a psychiatrist.

I agree with what Hikari was saying in earlier posts. The writers made Ike more of a traditional hero with the concept of a lowly mercenary rising to the challenges thrust upon him and going to a much higher social status. You had the mentor (Greil, obviously) who dies, you had the protagonist going on a journey, he was out to avenge his father, he didn't seek the position of power he was given, e.t.c. His personality and his actions seem to me to be borrowed from traditional heroes and epics. Heroes don't usually grow old, or live out normal lives. I liked the ending, even though I think some of it was kind of lame. I think Ike's ending was appropriate for a character based off of the traditional aspects of hero to that extent. In this way, Ike leaves with history not seeing him grow old and weak.

Gah, what is this? Has my English teacher invaded my head so that I'm analyzing the plot of video games?!

finally, someone who understands me! it was obvious from FE9 that Ike was based on a traditional hero. and lol at overanalyzing! ever since english lit. i have had that problem!

When does it say that? O_o

in the super special ending in RD, in which

Ashunera returns to tellius to find it in war

Right.

Lehran: Welcome home.

???: Could it be that you were here all this time?

Lehran: Alas, no, I am sorry to say. But for several days, I've somehow felt as though you would soon return.

Ashunera: Well, I'm home. And I'm glad to see you again, Lehran.

Lehran: And I am glad to see you as well, Goddess Ashunera.

Ashunera: How long has it been? A hundred years? Five hundred?

Lehran: About twelve hundred years.

Ashunera: I see. For mortals, that is many, many lives.

Lehran: Yes. The peace we once had is on the verge of crumbling again.

Ashunera: That is unfortunate. The miasma of war is beginning to shroud the world. However, I shall not again be frightened. As one born of the hopes of man I shall protect this world.

Lehran: Yes.

Ashunera: Lehran. I've missed your songs. Would you sing for me now?

Lehran: I... I no longer...

Ashunera: Well, then I will sing. And you may sing with me. Is that all right?

Lehran: ...Yes.

• 4 months later...

all of this.

it is deserving of the quoting, and i completely agree. Heracles was betrayed by his wife and died because of it, Jason was abandoned by the gods for being a douche and died in a freak accident, Beowulf died in an epic battle of epic against a dragon.

you should be happy that Ike didn't die like the heroes of above, but who knows? maybe he was killed by Soren in a jealous fit, maybe he was unblessed by Yune because he called her a dark god and died, maybe he died fighting some racist dragon laguz.

:mellow:

all of this.

it is deserving of the quoting, and i completely agree. Heracles was betrayed by his wife and died because of it, Jason was abandoned by the gods for being a douche and died in a freak accident, Beowulf died in an epic battle of epic against a dragon.

you should be happy that Ike didn't die like the heroes of above, but who knows? maybe he was killed by Soren in a jealous fit, maybe he was unblessed by Yune because he called her a dark god and died, maybe he died fighting some racist dragon laguz.

:mellow:

I can just see it... Ike did say that he'd be seeing Kurthnaga again... I can just see Almedha

telling Soren the truth about his ancestry. And since it was Ike who killed Ashnard...

"Hello. My name is Soren Pelleas Daein. You killed my father. Prepare to die..."

I can just see it... Ike did say that he'd be seeing Kurthnaga again... I can just see Almedha

telling Soren the truth about his ancestry. And since it was Ike who killed Ashnard...

"Hello. My name is Soren Pelleas Daein. You killed my father. Prepare to die..."

oh my!

that would've been a very happy ending indeed!

Heh heh! I like it! Nice!

But seriously, the endings from FE 10 were far too short.

Take Zihark, for example:

Blade of Unity- Zihark

Zihark traveled Tellius as a mercenary, resolving beorc-laguz disputes. Some say he eventually settled in Gallia.

That's it? I wouldn't mind knowing more about that.

And Naesala:

Sky's Shadow- Naesala

Saved from the blood pact, Naesala left his people and their nation. He became a diplomat, finding atonement in work.

I still don't get what they mean with "atonement"...

Anyone who's willing to explain?

Edited by xanatha

I like the ending of the game. Its alright, its not the best ending but I think it did fine.

My fav ending was FE9 since there were tons of questions that haven't been left answered.

I like those type of endings, which makes me wanna think what's gonna happen next.

Edited by Luxord