• Lances
    • Bows
    • Knives
    • Strikes
  3. 3. ...Magically?

• Anima
    • Light
    • Dark

Neph has wrath that she can make use of for extra crit. give her vantage and resolve and she'll become a monster.

Heck, even Oscar with his great avo appreciates the crit bonues from wrath.

if they wanted crit, they'd look at skills for it, not some stupidly expensive forge which just slows down units like Pelleas.

Somebody didn't get the memo that Wrath sucks in Radiant Dawn... Sure, extra crit would be nice, but not when you have to drop your health to one-hit-kill range.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Somebody didn't get the memo that Wrath sucks in Radiant Dawn... Sure, extra crit would be nice, but not when you have to drop your health to one-hit-kill range.

That's what resolve and vantage are for. Resolve makes her a dodging queen and much more likely to activate vantage.

That's what resolve and vantage are for. Resolve makes her a dodging queen and much more likely to activate vantage.

The fact remains that Wrath/Resolve/Vantage still isn't that effective since Vantage and Wrath got nerfed (especially Wrath). To be blunt, I think Wrath is almost worthless in Radiant Dawn.

Edited by Jonathan Aulin

It really is, considering that supports and killer weapons can bolster an equal amount. There's not completely brokeness to it anymore that made it so cool--then again, now that skills aren't locked to characters (stupid to think about, fun to play with), I guess broken overall needs to be held back :/

The fact remains that Wrath/Resolve/Vantage still isn't that effective since Vantage and Wrath got nerfed (especially Wrath). To be blunt, I think Wrath is almost worthless in Radiant Dawn.

Wit ha high skl and high spd unit like neph, it IS. Resolve boosts crit and vantage%. The chance that neph dies reduces twofold. Just because a skill is bad on it's own doesn't make it ineffective with other skills.

It really is, considering that supports and killer weapons can bolster an equal amount. There's not completely brokeness to it anymore that made it so cool--then again, now that skills aren't locked to characters (stupid to think about, fun to play with), I guess broken overall needs to be held back :/

Other than the fact that killers aren't even that effective anymore because enemies actually have Luck (and the fact that they're mad expensive). In fact, in RD, I'd happily buy two silver weapons over a killer weapon....Because that's how expensive killers are in RD.

With a high skl and high spd unit like neph, it IS. Resolve boosts crit and vantage%. The chance that neph dies reduces twofold. Just because a skill is bad on it's own doesn't make it ineffective with other skills.

But what if they fall into resolve HP, yet aren't weak enough for Wrath to take effect? That's one thing to consider. And sure, Wrath may be effective with other skills, but that's also what makes it suck: You need to pair it with other skills for it to work well.

Edited by Jonathan Aulin

Other than the fact that killers aren't even that effective anymore because enemies actually have Luck (and the fact that they're mad expensive). In fact, in RD, I'd happily buy two silver weapons over a killer weapon....Because that's how expensive killers are in RD.

You have tonnes of money, as I've already shown...

But what if they fall into resolve HP, yet aren't weak enough for Wrath to take effect? That's one thing to consider. And sure, Wrath may be effective with other skills, but that's also what makes it suck: You need to pair it with other skills for it to work well.

Doesn't matter, that usually isn't enougth for Neph to be KO'ed next hit unless it's something stupid like dragons.

I never said wrath doesn't suck, just that it works well with Resolve and Vantage together.

You have tonnes of money, as I've already shown...

Doesn't address how much weaker killers are than silvers, as well as the fact that they aren't really that effective.

Doesn't matter, that usually isn't enougth for Neph to be KO'ed next hit unless it's something stupid like dragons.

I never said wrath doesn't suck, just that it works well with Resolve and Vantage together.

Ok.

Doesn't address how much weaker killers are than silvers, as well as the fact that they aren't really that effective.

They're more effective when combined with wrath/resolve/adept/vantage than silvers are due to higher chance to OHKO and increased crit.

They're more effective when combined with wrath/resolve/adept/vantage than silvers are due to higher chance to OHKO and increased crit.

Except not really. The power gap between a killer sword/lance/axe and a silver one is 4 points. That's 12 points less damage on a critical with a killer than a silver. A killer bow is seven mt weaker than a silver bow. SEVEN! Surely a gap of that magnitude can't be ignored. I'd rather dismantle an enemy outright with silver (or come close to it) than gamble on a critical with an expensive killer. Not to mention that since enemies actually have luck in RD, killers are even less effective.

Edited by Jonathan Aulin

Except not really. The power gap between a killer sword/lance/axe and a silver one is 4 points. That's 12 points less damage on a critical with a killer than a silver. A killer bow is seven mt weaker than a silver bow. SEVEN! Surely a gap of that magnitude can't be ignored. I'd rather dismantle an enemy outright with silver (or come close to it) than gamble on a critical with an expensive killer. Not to mention that since enemies actually have luck in RD, killers are even less effective.[/quote]

So you think you'll get a critical with a silver despite the fact that enemies have luck? I smell contradictions.

Besides, 30 + 50 + innate crit = big. Take a level 20/5 Nephenee with resolve and wrath activated. With a killer lance she has 113 Crit. With a silver, that's 73 Crit. Her Atk with the killer lance is 35, with a steel greatlance it's 40. HM enemies in 4-2 have ~20 ddg and ~21 Def and ~47 HP. A critical with eitehr weapon is enougth to ORKO the enemies. Except the killer lance activates more, thus it's better.

Killer > Silver with the combo.

So you think you'll get a critical with a silver despite the fact that enemies have luck? I smell contradictions.

Besides, 30 + 50 + innate crit = big. Take a level 20/5 Nephenee with resolve and wrath activated. With a killer lance she has 113 Crit. With a silver, that's 73 Crit. Her Atk with the killer lance is 35, with a steel greatlance it's 40. HM enemies in 4-2 have ~20 ddg and ~21 Def and ~47 HP. A critical with eitehr weapon is enougth to ORKO the enemies. Except the killer lance activates more, thus it's better.

Killer > Silver with the combo.

Way to take that out of context. I was merely illustrating the power gap between a killer and a silver. And I'd say that 4 points of damage (8 if doubling) can mean the difference between 2-rounding and 3-rounding, etc. And with the bow, it's 7 (14 assuming a double).

But would you count on such a combo to bail you out? I sure wouldn't. At any rate, I'd say that thanks to masteries, the usefulness of killer weapons diminishes even further. But that's an entirely different matter.

Just for the record, I agree with you that Silver > Killer outside of teh combo.

But would you count on such a combo to bail you out? I sure wouldn't. At any rate, I'd say that thanks to masteries, the usefulness of killer weapons diminishes even further. But that's an entirely different matter.

Why? Those 20 Ddg enemies face 93% crit rates, which increases to a 99.51% chance ot crit in one round. Add in the mastery percentages and you pretty much have a guaranteed kill.

Axes. Highest might and lowest cost (per use). The "low" accuracy doesn't seem low enough (though 2RNs probably contributes just as mcuh) in the recent games and high weight isn't much of a problem later on thanks to strength being used to counter weight in the AS formula.

True it hasn't always been that good. FE1-3 were either player axes are nonexistant, the AS becomes too low for real combat therefore niche use only (also niche use due to few locations selling the things). FE5 was when it was "wow axes are awesome" though a personal weapon and the brave axe being obtainable in the first map was probably part of that. FE6 has their accuracy maybe a little bit low but the effective forumla is deadly making the specialty axes powerful if a tad unreliable. Of course,t he rest is history...

Anima is kind of similar. Cheapest per use, not too weak and not too heavy. Though its more of a just right niche that lances enjoy. Of course in FE6 they were far too light.